Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Always nice to see another theme kosakgroove :)

Sure, we can put this in the theme repo. Let me know if you want to do it yourself or if you'd like me to add it for you.

I would like that you do it if you can, I've tried so many times... 

If you like my theme, please put it in the repo, I would be thankful that everyone can see and use it.

Greetings bro

PS: It wouldnt harm anybody if you put KosakGroove as the author name right ? hahhaha

Put KosakGroove as the author? Well I don't know as I’m a little disappointed when looking at the files as it looks simply like a mixture of files from Deebo’s Clover Bootcamp and CosmosCJ’s Universe theme. All you seem to have done is changed four images. 

There’s no consistency with it. For example if I use this theme then I will see a grey Apple logo for my 10.6 and 10.7 installations and a multicoloured 3D Apple logo for 10.9 and other OS X installs.

I’m not sure if this is different enough to be in the repo. Can you convince me otherwise?
  • Like 1

Yes. Use PNG images for all.

The use of .icns files come from rEFIt which is what was used as a base to build upon for Clover v2. Clover does still support these files but the code essentially just reads the .icns file, extracts the png data and decodes it. And as Clover only really uses one image size for the icons, i.e it doesn’t need multiple sizes of the same image, there’s no point in using .icns files.

Take note that Clover still requires the relevant PNG files (those beginning with os_ and vol_) to have .icns extensions. You can use my BGM or Shield themes for reference.

The background needs to be a PNG file too.

EDIT: For the background resolution I've usually stuck with 1280x720 because I tend to use images that scale well and compress well. YMMV depending on the image so test with some different sizes.

Once you have completed your theme files, you can compress the files using

I just tried your Shield theme, and it's so great! I am gonna stick with it for a while... One request though, is there any way you could do a black and white version only? With the different versions of OSX more visible? But its really great, really 5 stars on it bro!

Thanks for the info, you will hear of some themes of mine soon, they are being imagined now haha

Thanks. Converting to black and white wouldn’t take long but I don’t have the time at the moment to redesign any of the icons

Thanks for the info, you will hear of some themes of mine soon, they are being imagined now haha

Have fun.

Yeah, coming up with the idea is half the work. The shield theme took me a month from initial idea to final theme files.

• Like 1

Thanks. Converting to black and white wouldn’t take long but I don’t have the time at the moment to redesign any of the icons

Have fun.

Yeah, coming up with the idea is half the work. The shield theme took me a month from initial idea to final theme files.

For me a Black and white version would be super nice.. The icons are nice , if someone wanna change them they will to their liking. I just think a monochrome version (black and white) would make it so much more awesome :D thanks for sharing your creativity so kindly 

I have been working on this theme for quite a while now, and its starting to look great :D

This time I thought of everybody, and of every Windows, Linux and Mac OS version (well, almost)

post-1517295-0-95428300-1456309284_thumb.png

Guys, How could I make this selected fonts render more smoothly? The one that is highlighted with orange `presents a few white undesirable artifacts...

post-1517295-0-54752100-1456309313_thumb.png

• Like 2

I’ve fixed your font issue, updated the theme and added it to the Clover theme repository for you. Your theme now appears in Clover Theme Manager.

The font you were using, WoG_Monaco_ExtraSmooth_10W.png, was created on a light grey background and you were asking Clover to draw an orange background behind the text. Clover was doing a good job but it couldn’t remove the background from the anti-alisaed edges of the characters.

To fix this, I recreated the font on a transparent background.

I used the createfont script from here:

With the command:
./createFont.sh -t2 -s 16 -f /System/Library/Fonts/Monaco.dfont -c 48,48,48 -l-2p
This results in a smooth edge regardless of background colour.
post-331032-0-87974600-1456388053.jpg
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

HEY FRIEND. I'VE OPTIMIZED THE THEME FURTHER.

I present Groovy v4

Groovy v4.zip

All icons are clearer and I modified a few. Theme looks much more awesome now, give it a spin :D

Any ideas you might have for the theme and/or for the code are welcome! I love to improve my creation.

Could you update the theme in the repo?

Thanks

I think you still should better optimize icons

See lots of icon have shadow

ff10.png

Maybe You just need crop all icon and create .Icns

EDIT*** exmple Like this 

os_sus10.png

• Like 2

Could you ellaborate on the how to? I would like to make this theme better. How to remove those unwanted shadows

I did my best.. but I see no shadow.... Could  you guide me please? I'd appreciate it a lot

post-1517295-0-32203300-1458470438_thumb.png

Could you ellaborate on the how to? I would like to make this theme better. How to remove those unwanted shadows

I did my best.. but I see no shadow.... Could  you guide me please? I'd appreciate it a lot

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-20 at 10.39.49.png

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLA2FaOXkkg

This is for Mac 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV38L4c4JKY&ebc=ANyPxKoJSNPQk-dak6wnpPPTkhVVAyKe0xWG7eqKDCxVKvtujiTCr7jkJF_KN2kB_G7ycbW72rol

• Like 1