AMD APU mountain lion support

312 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

I got lost in the vanilla installer so I tried a distro. Currently Niresh's, I tried -nossse3bit with -v and no changes. It reboots right after I press enter

I got lost in the vanilla installer so I tried a distro. Currently Niresh's, I tried -nossse3bit with -v and no changes. It reboots right after I press enter

• possibly is your USB STick install version not complete ?. then see here  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291993-amd-all-video-and-tutorials-for-installing-to-help-other-user/        perhaps it can help you further
  • perhaps you should get update a newer boot-file in root ?
  • perhaps you ought to update a newer bootloader ?
  • perhaps you are using the wrong kernel ?
  • perhaps you should boot with this additional boot flag: fsb=200
  • perhaps you should boot with this boot flag: npci=0x2000 oder npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 oder 1 fsb=200 -v -f

we do not know, because it could have a large variety of causes ;)

Edited by spakk

• possibly is your USB STick install version not complete ?. then see here  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291993-amd-all-video-and-tutorials-for-installing-to-help-other-user/        perhaps it can help you further
  • perhaps you should get update a newer boot-file in root ?
  • perhaps you ought to update a newer bootloader ?
  • perhaps you are using the wrong kernel ?
  • perhaps you should boot with this additional boot flag: fsb=200
  • perhaps you should boot with this boot flag: npci=0x2000 oder npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 oder 1 fsb=200 -v -f

we do not know, because it could have a large variety of causes ;)

The first DVD of Niresh was a notch corrupted so I re-burned it and issued these flags: "amd -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" and it came out with a reboot. It stops at a part where // was at the beginning and the end. Not sure what it said because it happened in a split second. 

The vanilla OS X installer was too scratched so I guess that could've been a reason.

I'm now trying the iAtkos ML3U installer with AnV's AMD Kernel and the Clover bootloader. I'm not sure how to make the bootloader install but I kind of know how to switch the kernels. I'd still appreciate instructions on both though just to be safe.

It is better you go to someone in your circle friends, he has a Hackintosh or an original MAC OSX, then you can create a functional USB-Stick by using an original OSX Version from appstore with using MyHack or using with Disk-utility. :wink_anim: see here  http://www.insanelym...elp-other-user/  

Okay I've made serious progress with the iATKOS build. The bootloader part is the only thing needed before I try. I need Clover 1378 (or whichever one works) but I don't know what to do with the .pkg file. I'm using Bodhi Linux to do this.

Okay I've made serious progress with the iATKOS build. The bootloader part is the only thing needed before I try. I need Clover 1378 (or whichever one works) but I don't know what to do with the .pkg file. I'm using Bodhi Linux to do this.

far as I know, is iATKOS, no matter which version you always take the Chameleon bootloader included.

you are looking for your Chipset drivers for your hardware and put the drivers in folder ---> /Extra/Extensions/    and burn a DVD with a slow speed then if you burn too quickly then this can happen, the DVD will not boot without errors, and then boot with it.

or make an USB stick, and export the contents of iATKOS on your USB stick and then boot with USB-Stick

far as I know, is iATKOS, no matter which version you always take the Chameleon bootloader included.

you are looking for your Chipset drivers for your hardware and put the drivers in folder ---> /Extra/Extensions/    and burn a DVD with a slow speed then if you burn too quickly then this can happen, the DVD will not boot without errors, and then boot with it.

or make an USB stick, and export the contents of iATKOS on your USB stick and then boot with USB-Stick

When I choose to make a simple USB stick as instructed on iATKOS, it gives me a black screen. The kexts would be the problem at this point. I have no idea what my network card is but its a RealTek one. The A75 Chipset drivers seems to be available for Snow Leopard minus the APU itself. 

When I choose to make a simple USB stick as instructed on iATKOS, it gives me a black screen. The kexts would be the problem at this point. I have no idea what my network card is but its a RealTek one. The A75 Chipset drivers seems to be available for Snow Leopard minus the APU itself. 

you should entire here your hardware specify:

Motherboard????? under the Item Specification reference sources you can find all important information about the sound card and network card etc.

CPU: AMD A4-5300

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7480D

you should entire here your hardware specify:

Motherboard????? under the Item Specification reference sources you can find all important information about the sound card and network card etc.

CPU: AMD A4-5300

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7480D

Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 Rev 1.0 - OSx86 had a post about a user asking for Kexts but I don't know if it worked for him.

RealTek ALC887/888B - got the kexts

RealTek RTL8168 - this one has the Mac OS X 10.7 driver but again, not sure if it'll work with 10.8.3

Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 Rev 1.0 - OSx86 had a post about a user asking for Kexts but I don't know if it worked for him.

RealTek ALC887/888B - got the kexts

RealTek RTL8168 - this one has the Mac OS X 10.7 driver but again, not sure if it'll work with 10.8.3

GA-F2A75M-HD2 (rev. 1.0 )

Specification see here:   http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4393#sp

Sound: Realtek ALC887

Ethernet: Realtek GbE LAN chip

But this is not a problem, install first OSX then you can install at Sound and Ethernet Driver .

Ethernet card should be able to work with RTL81xx driver see this download link,  ( this is an install version)

Sound Realtek ALC887 should be able to work with this driver  http://www.osx86.net/files/file/78-alc885-alc887-alc888-alc889-alc892-alc898/ 

the install of the driver you should to do better with this of tools Kext Utility or Kext Wizard, these tools to install the driver to /System/Library/Extensions/ and and rename the old driver in  xxx.bak and repairs the access rights.

GA-F2A75M-HD2 (rev. 1.0 )

Specification see here:   http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4393#sp

Sound: Realtek ALC887

Ethernet: Realtek GbE LAN chip

But this is not a problem, install first OSX then you can install at Sound and Ethernet Driver .

Ethernet card should be able to work with RTL81xx driver see this download link,  ( this is an install version)

Sound Realtek ALC887 should be able to work with this driver  http://www.osx86.net/files/file/78-alc885-alc887-alc888-alc889-alc892-alc898/

the install of the driver you should to do better with this of tools Kext Utility or Kext Wizard, these tools to install the driver to /System/Library/Extensions/ and and rename the old driver in  xxx.bak and repairs the access rights.

So I should be able to boot to iATKOS without an installer? When I try to boot it just gives me a black screen

probably no bootloader?

when your computer boot, what happens then? appears Darwin? if yes, can you press the F8-key, and then write the boot flag and press enter
if so, what happens next? allows to create a video or describe in more detail?

if it does not succeed then contact + ira,i think he has a similar board, perhaps he can help you.
but I think that is not problem on your hardware. there is one and only to the creation of the usb-stick!!
as I described earlier, looking for someone in your circle friends who has a Mac OS X or a hackintosh, so make a USB stick, either with
MyHack or with Mac DiskUtility, then the system will boot. Using Linux to create a USB stick, I can not help you. Means Wondows 7 you cancreate with use Transmac a USB stick, maybe there Transmac for Linux ??

probably no bootloader?

when your computer boot, what happens then? appears Darwin? if yes, can you press the F8-key, and then write the boot flag and press enter

if so, what happens next? allows to create a video or describe in more detail?

if it does not succeed then contact + ira,i think he has a similar board, perhaps he can help you.

but I think that is not problem on your hardware. there is one and only to the creation of the usb-stick!!

as I described earlier, looking for someone in your circle friends who has a Mac OS X or a hackintosh, so make a USB stick, either with MyHack or with Mac DiskUtility, then the system will boot. Using Linux to create a USB stick, I can not help you. Means Wondows 7 you cancreate with use Transmac a USB stick, maybe there Transmac for Linux ??

Nope absolutely nothing. Can you give me the link to this Ira guy? There's Ubuntu ImageWriter for restoring the .img file made from dmg2img then there's the hfsprogs for mounting the USB stick for R/W. I'm the only one in my circle to have a Mac OS X PC. I think they don't even know what a Mac is except for a Big Mac. 

Nope absolutely nothing. Can you give me the link to this Ira guy? There's Ubuntu ImageWriter for restoring the .img file made from dmg2img then there's the hfsprogs for mounting the USB stick for R/W. I'm the only one in my circle to have a Mac OS X PC. I think they don't even know what a Mac is except for a Big Mac. 

send him a post to +ira possibly he can describe you how you should do it. as far as I can remember, he also works with linux klick here   #55

send him a post to +ira possibly he can describe you how you should do it. as far as I can remember, he also works with linux klick here   #55

He has a different chipset from me. I have A75 he has an AMD740G. I have socket FM2 he has AM2+ 

Niresh released a new version of his distro. Now OS X 10.8.5. It uses the Chimera bootloader. The problem with that was that it stopped at Loading.... extensions.mkext. The ... would then turn into +++ and it would stop from there.

a new attempt , sorry you're right I confused +iras Hardware with another user .

Install the SystemInfo tool ( http://www.osx86.net/files/file/2243-system-info/ )    for your operating system : Windows or Linux by checking out from your system , check for what is to be OSX compatible or not.

which is not compatible , then you have to search for solutions under google .

invite you to MODCD of nawcom ( http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1561-nawcom-modcd-0-3-2/  )burn the MODCD to a blank CD .

put these Kext driver : NullCPUPowerManagment.kext  and FaceSMC.kext and AppleATIATA.kext http://www.osx86.net/files/file/2811-appleatiata-optimized-for-sl-32-64bit/ in to System/Library/Extensions/ 

BIOS Settings:

a) CD / DVD drive on the first position

B) AHCI ----> Enabled

boot from the MODCD , then remove the MODCD and insert the Snow Leopard DVD  (if you have OSX on the DVD , with Snow Leopard on USB-Stick or HDD, then select the external HDD or USB stick and give following boot flag :

-v -f busratio=11 cpus=1 arch=i386 maxmem=4096  -force64

install Snow Leopard only with the most necessary

after the successful boot you can install sound etc .

good luck

• 4 months later...

Im back :)

Niresh released a new version of his distro. Now OS X 10.8.5. It uses the Chimera bootloader. The problem with that was that it stopped at Loading.... extensions.mkext. The ... would then turn into +++ and it would stop from there.

Buddy, do me a favour, forget distros..do a CLEAN install with the kernel I provided on my guide :)

• Like 1

Im back :)

Buddy, do me a favour, forget distros..do a CLEAN install with the kernel I provided on my guide :)

all distros are Big sh_it and make significant problem and in addition it illigal, I have no joy this Big sh_it to support in the future.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

FM socket anyone? I have a theory I want to prove (in fact it's so obvious, that I almost doubt that the idea hasn't occurred to lots of other people), that might as well result in full OSX86 support for desktop (only desktop, folks: sorry) AMD APU builds. The test will also require a nVidia (has to be nVidia) discrete card. I cannot test my theory myself, since I don't have a FM board.

All the best!

Hello.

I have read through enough of this forum to me sure I'm likely in over my head as I've never set up a hackintosh and haven't even used OSX much.  I'm a PC guy.  I understand technical jargon and can follow basic instructions.

Would someone be so kind as to look at my CPU-Z image and consolidate the wealth of information in this thread into a usable guide for me?  Want to get it running in VirtualBox.

Thanks in advance for being nice to this complete mac newb.

post-1354802-0-83458400-1401591790_thumb.png

post-1354802-0-83458400-1401591790_thumb.png

No, man, you are asking for a custom guide for your hardware, and no one's doing this: you'll have to install it by yourself using the resources available. The community's developers had already done more than enough by making all this possible, so I suppose we need to do our part, right? Besides, if you're a PC guy that understands technical jargon, you're better than myself when I started messing with OSX86 on my then-even-less-supported-than-nowadays AMD system: I'm a audio and video guy, and PCs were nothing more than necessary evil. After starting with OSX86, that view changed, and tinkering with computers became a pleasant hobby for me, and I even learn some C programming, but the moral of this history is: if I could, you can. :)

That said, I think you have better chances with a virtualized system, since running  OSX86 natively on AMD APUs is kind of an underwhelming experience, if possible at all, precisely because of the lack of graphics support, which virtual machines sort of provide (at least you should be able to get full resolution, if you do everything right). Good study and good luck.

All the best!

P.S.: by the way, if you have a discrete nVidia card, you can even try do install it natively on a partition and see if it works: that way you'd be making a substantive contribution to the community and kind of paying back all the wonderful job made by all these amazing hackers, that allows us to run OSX on our cheap AMD rigs. But one thing at a time: start with a VM, then try it natively when you're more used to hackintoshing.

• Like 1