AMD APU mountain lion support

312 posts in this topic

So I got it to work sort of.

I have 2 USB 2.0 ports.

1st usb=clover

2nd usb=installer

I have my usb receiver for mouse on 3.0 port.

disconnected clover usb once mac os installer was loaded.

connected the reciever and mouse works :)

Do I need clover during the install?

I also get some error about having an MBR HDD. It tells me to format the entire HDD.

I am pretty sure I forgot "OSInstall.mpkg". and "OSinstall"

Now get:

An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running it application again. If the problem persist, use Startup Disk to restart your computer from the Mac OS X install DVD.

something like that.

Right when the installer is about to finish i get the error.

damn can anyone help me out?

reformatted my HDD and installed Montian Lion.

Once it finishes I get:

"OSX could not start up the computer from disk "disk name " Try your disk using the start up disk utility."

People seem to have this issue on regular macs,so not sure what to do.

Anyone? Damn been stuck on this error for a week.

I tried a bunch of commands in clover,but it almost always restarts while loading the system.

chameleon does not work either.

One time I got it to boot into a white MAC logo screen,but after 3 seconds it reboots -_-

Well with most people ignoring my post.

I somehow got my hackintosh to work.

I have no WiFi so I ordered:

Netgear WNA1000M

Also I get some weird glitches on mac os,not sure why.

So if you wish add the AMd A-104600m APU to the list of supported laptops.(except wifi)

Also when I click about this mac my mac logs out.

So I can't tell if I have HW or not.

• Like 1

K, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  It's probably just this laptop because with my wife's Lenovo, I can get it to boot and work fine with practically the same specs.  Even have wifi on it thanks to Ralink. :P  However, with my laptop, I get the installer, everything goes well until it reboots and I try to boot from the new install.

It boots up to the point where it should switch over to the apple logo screen (or carry on with more verbose output).  Everything up to this point is fine, no kernel panics or anything but then the laptop just reboots.  No panics on the screen, nothing.  Just goes black like it's going to switch over to loading the actual OS and bam, reboot.

My specs:

HP Pavillion G6-2240ca

AMD A6-4400M

AMD Radeon HD 7520G Discrete-Class

Here's a link to the official HP page:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF06b/321957-321957-3329744-64354-64354-5296082-5316993.html?dnr=1

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

It is not like one cannot install Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 on a AMD with APU (mine is A8-5500) but most things are not automatic.

You have to read stuff about how to install Mac OS X on non-Intel HW and lots of try-and-error boot ups.

You can create a bootable USB with GUI tools but you have to replace mach_kernel with AMD kernels from the forums here around and you may have to replace some kexts by their AMD counterparts from osx86.

And the no-go for most people who say "you can't" is, you don't have HW accelerated graphics. It's software managed opengl.

Prove me wrong with this point, i will listen closely.

It is not like one cannot install Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 on a AMD with APU (mine is A8-5500) but most things are not automatic.

You have to read stuff about how to install Mac OS X on non-Intel HW and lots of try-and-error boot ups.

You can create a bootable USB with GUI tools but you have to replace mach_kernel with AMD kernels from the forums here around and you may have to replace some kexts by their AMD counterparts from osx86.

And the no-go for most people who say "you can't" is, you don't have HW accelerated graphics. It's software managed opengl.

Prove me wrong with this point, i will listen closely.

Not exactly a helpful post.  I have read and I have gotten it to work, if you cared to actually read my post on a laptop with virtually the same specs.  I have the exact same specs as pmmmc and followed his guide on post #180.

What I was looking for was some helpful suggestions seeing as I'm not getting a kernel panic or anything that would point me in a direction to troubleshoot.  I didn't just try something once and hop on here and say "oh noes it doesn't work."  For all the trouble it is to post on here in the first place and all the hoops you have to jump through, you would think people would actually read posts instead of automatically talking down to someone.

I'm sorry if my post may sound spitefull but either you can help or you cannot, giving me a lecture that includes no helpful information in it does not do anything except irk people.  I'm glad you got it working on your system, and I'm sure you did not get there on your own.  If you did, good for you, congrats I'm not as intelligent as you are.

K, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's probably just this laptop because with my wife's Lenovo, I can get it to boot and work fine with practically the same specs. Even have wifi on it thanks to Ralink. :P However, with my laptop, I get the installer, everything goes well until it reboots and I try to boot from the new install.

It boots up to the point where it should switch over to the apple logo screen (or carry on with more verbose output). Everything up to this point is fine, no kernel panics or anything but then the laptop just reboots. No panics on the screen, nothing. Just goes black like it's going to switch over to loading the actual OS and bam, reboot.

My specs:

HP Pavillion G6-2240ca

AMD A6-4400M

AMD Radeon HD 7520G Discrete-Class

Here's a link to the official HP page:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF06b/321957-321957-3329744-64354-64354-5296082-5316993.html?dnr=1

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Since you already have a working installation, you could restore it to an external hdd using carbon Copy cloner and install latest chameleon on it, connect it via USB to your APu and try to boot. If it works, clone it again, this time to the target disk.

All the best!

• Like 1

Since you already have a working installation, you could restore it to an external hdd using carbon Copy cloner and install latest chameleon on it, connect it via USB to your APu and try to boot. If it works, clone it again, this time to the target disk.

All the best!

I never thought of that, thanks!!  I'll try it out and report back.....I should also mention that it doens't matter what flavor of OSX be it SL, Lion or ML they all do the same thing.  Installer goes fine but then on reboot, back into clover and startup the newly installed OSX hdd and it loads the first set of verbose successfully but when it actually goes to switch to the actual OSX, I get a black screen and reboot.

I may have two suggestions:

First, you have to boot with -v option and GraphicsEnabler=No after install, so OSX has no chance to switch on some ATIxxxx.kext

Second, after install with some GUI-Installer made USB, the mach_kernel is still that one from your MacOSX.dmg, you have to change that mach_kernel in your root directory with a mach_kernel made for AMD kernels, probably that one you've booted and installed successfully.

If that doesn't help, try to remove all ATIxxxx.kext from S/L/E directory.

• Like 1

I may have two suggestions:

First, you have to boot with -v option and GraphicsEnabler=No after install, so OSX has no chance to switch on some ATIxxxx.kext

Second, after install with some GUI-Installer made USB, the mach_kernel is still that one from your MacOSX.dmg, you have to change that mach_kernel in your root directory with a mach_kernel made for AMD kernels, probably that one you've booted and installed successfully.

If that doesn't help, try to remove all ATIxxxx.kext from S/L/E directory.

I always boot with verbose option and have tried GraphicsEnabler=No.  As per pmmmc's guide, you switch the mach_kernel with anv amd_kernel in the actual install files, not the clover bootloader, but maybe.  I'll try swapping out the mach kernel with anv's amd_kernel on the new install.

This is about the quote in my signature.

I have a APU with IGD (integrated graphics processor) and a second PEG (see my signature) and i cannot switch off crossfire, just boot with IGD or PEG. The best i can get atm, i tried different solutions is framebuffer opengl.

It's about why someone says, you cannot install MacOSX on an AMD APU, it's about, is it worth the work or is it kinda challenge.

s8f.png

Is it because you just want a "better" os than ms or is it kinda nerdy sports.

Nobody asks "why would you climb up the mount everest", you would say "because the mountain is there", nothing else.

I hope someone can help me this time!

How/if can I enable QE/CI on AMD 7600G?

System Info shows radeon HD card with 3mb of memory.

Also how will I be able to edit the resolution?

Any ways to get the card working?

I will only use it to play video on VLC.

Playing games will be left to my windows installation.

Anyway to bypass this?

• Like 1

No way. That's the main issues with AMD APUs right now: there's no way to disable integrated graphics on the BIOS, because of the awful, "worsest" BIOS of the world, that's the InsydeH2O. If you somehow find any modded BIOS for your computer, and i never heard about any, your chances will improve drastically. For now, you better get accustomed to no QE/CI for your laptop. I now, it's pretty limiting, but for now - maybe forever - it's what you've got.

P.S.: Don't take offense, man, but saying "I hope someone can help me this time!", like it was a trivial tweaking, like it was "a little thing that would take a few minutes to solve if people was kind enough to help", when what you're asking help for what is the holy grail of the APU hackintosh, for which even the most experienced users didn't find a satisfactory answer yet, means that either you didn't take time to read about the hackintoshing possibilities for your hardware, and there's no excuse for that, since there's plenty of info in this very topic, or that you're adopting that attitude, say, like someone here's keeping knowledge for her/himself, and this is precisely the kind of attitude that people who are willing to help find the most annoying. If it's not what you meant, sorry about the lecture, but take it as a warning.

All the best!

• Like 1

Okay I am sorry if I sounded like an jerk   :blush:

I ran vmware for  2 weeks,but my laptop would get too hot because of vmware running.

I thought why not dual boot,so I won't have the overheating problem.

While in vmware I could install/use any application I tried,except VLC!

Even without QE/CI I assume that the videos would play fine.(again not too sure on that,basing my opinion on how windows seems to work)

So to rephrase my question:

Any application that can play HD(720p) video with subtitles?

Most of my videos are MKVs. Other than that watching youtube and using word/PS is all I do.

Quicktime works,but only for a limited number of files.

I was never expecting to be able to play games on mac(have windows for that),just use it as a day to day second OS.

I also wanted to take the challenge  :D

Unless VLC can be "modified" to work without QE/CI then I am out of luck?

For my own experience, you are out of luck: when I tried OSX with a t 101 mt NetBook - gma 3150, thus no hope of getting qe ci - VLC wouldn't open at all, and QuickTime/MPlayerX would play the video if the resolution was low enough, but depending on the resolution there would be syncing issues. So I'd say try MPlayerX and QuickTime and see what's the best watchable resolution, if any. Without Quartz Extreme, all that's left is software rendering for graphics.

All the best!

Alright I will try MplayerX.

About sound cracking,would different kexts solve this?

Now my problems are:
Sound cracking.
Wifi-bought dongle.
USB 3.0-worked during install.
Screen Resolution-SVGA2 might fix this.
Screen glitches are kernel related,possibly.

Maybe I haven't encountered some yet.

Looking up the specs of the laptop you mentioned,it seems weak compared to todays laptops.

Hopefully mine fairs better.

Hello I am having some problems with clover.

Using the latest clover I don't get full resolution(1024x768)

Everything else works fine.

Processor is recognized correctly.

Using clover rl1050 I get my actual screen res(1366x768)

My mac install goes slow because clover make my pc out as slow.

Mac info says I have a 800mhz processor,but I have a 2300+.

I tried editing the plist to add changes,but even though clover says they are changed(2300mhz)

I open mac again and still 800mhz,nothing changes.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help and insight I had received while getting this to work!

Tried like 20 audio kexts and nothing worked well.

Using youtube would make my PC overheat and crash.

Tried lowering the mhz it was using.

From 2700mhz to 1300mhz and same problem.

Maybe in the future if things are better I will try again.

This was a nice experiment to try and am pleased I stuck through it!

Thanks for all the help and insight I had received while getting this to work!

Tried like 20 audio kexts and nothing worked well.

Using youtube would make my PC overheat and crash.

Tried lowering the mhz it was using.

From 2700mhz to 1300mhz and same problem.

Maybe in the future if things are better I will try again.

This was a nice experiment to try and am pleased I stuck through it!

Using a hackintosh for  even youtube  pushing ur CPU  almost always to the limit, especially when u using laptop  which comes with locked  H2O  bios :S

same here  with Core i3.  And dont use too much ur dvd-r  combo under mac or u lose it soon..... i lost it 2 times  now  HP says that they have no more in stock and i have to search for 1 which will fit on my lapy

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I read the whole topic and decided to try hackintosh on my notebook... It is a:

-Model: Notebook Samsung NP 305E4A-AD1 BR
-APU: AMD Quad Core A6-3420M Clock: 1.5GHz (Turbo Boost: 2.4GHz) 
-MOBO: Samsung Model: ?
-Bios: American Megatrends (AMI) 03QU.MI22.20120103.SKK (DATE: 01/03/2012)
-Ram: 4GB DDR3 (Dual-Channel)
-HD: 500GB S-ATA 5400 rpm
-Video: AMD Radeon™ HD6520G

But I just can't make Clover Boot, tryied with the last version and all i got was a 7 on the top left of my note screen... Could someone, please, help me with this?

Sorry for bad english, i'm brazilian

Enable UEFI and Network Boot Controller Rom in bios then clover will boot