[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

So what kext version enables QE/CI on your laptop? I always test the kexts before releasing them and they work fine. Computer boots up with QE/CI enabled using patched 10.10.2 kexts. Not sure what's the problem. However I have OS-info on my DSDT. Without this my computer cannot boot. Unless that is what you need now.

Well I abandoned the idea since its buggy. Basically the idea was that eDP users who have an external VGA display may be able to use their laptop with QE/CI. The problem is that you will disable your internal display. So for example in your DSDT you would inject an OS-info code with a certain value that enables VGA output. After that you would install a framebuffer, i.e Alternate SingleLink LW1 (assuming that your external vga display outputs a resolution at 1366x768 or lower). After that you would reboot and still have your internal LCD on. When the computer is booting, you would connect the VGA cable to the external display and once the framebuffer is loaded, OS X disables the internal display and outputs to the vga monitor. Whether it works now or not is up to someone to test it out.

well idea can still work. i saw in my dsdt of E6410 a _DSM from factory..  it injects special properties if the external port is enabled.. hmmmmm

btw i did the 04 and got no internal LCD.. so it does work i think .. stil checking

now i just need to make the original DSM inject 04 instead of 01 for internal/external  and test. ( once i got internal workign better. CI.

seems with FB it doesnt show graphics ..  black screen. (needs LCD DP LW x1 single link patch ? )

without it it works with the basic driver.. 

Hi, i've an asus x52ju with intel core i5 480m... And i want to know how to make my vga works... I've an ati radeon 6370m but for this gpu there isn't  any way to make it works with yosemite... So i want to know how to make work the integrated intel graphics with yosemite 10.10.2

thanks in andvance and sorry for my bad english!:S

well idea can still work. i saw in my dsdt of E6410 a _DSM from factory..  it injects special properties if the external port is enabled.. hmmmmm

btw i did the 04 and got no internal LCD.. so it does work i think .. stil checking

now i just need to make the original DSM inject 04 instead of 01 for internal/external  and test. ( once i got internal workign better. CI.

seems with FB it doesnt show graphics ..  black screen. (needs LCD DP LW x1 single link patch ? )

without it it works with the basic driver.. 

No you need LCD+VGA SingleLink LW1 framebuffer. You have to connect the external display when you see the Apple Logo when booting on your internal LCD. At one point the internal LCD will turn off and you should see the external monitor turn on and show the desktop. That's as much as I can remember on how I got it to work. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I use clover on-the-fly patch to patch AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext,and it works perfectly on Yosemite.But when I want to boot the Yosemite Installer,the patch won't work.I only get a black screen same as when the kext isn't patched.So I turn on the debug switch in "Kernel And Kext Patches",when I boot into Yosemite,I can see the message that AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is being patched,but when I boot into the Installer,there is no message like that.Is there anyway to patch this kext for Installer?

Sorry for my bad English and thanks :)

You are facing that problem because AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is not loaded in kernelcache so there is another way to load that and then patch it, read here

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#ForceKextsToLoad

and please report if it is working.

I tried to add this part

<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>

<array>

<string>/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext</string>

<string>/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext</string>

</array>

to config.plist but that kext still can't be patched,here is my config.plist

config.plist.zip

GhostRaider (i Respect you boss)

So there is no hope for Dell e6410 users with:

Intel® CoreTM i5-520M (2.4GHz, 3M cache)

Mobile Intel® QM57 Express Chipset

Intel® HD Graphics

eDP internal Display.

If it does indeed have an eDP display, then you can't enable the internal LCD with QE/CI since the framebuffer isn't coded for eDP displays. Now, if this computer does have a VGA port, then you may be able to use an external VGA monitor with QE/CI. The problem is that its very experimental. I tested this once before on my hackintosh and while it kind of works, the resolution either works or not which is why I abandoned it. I may look into this again in the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Спасибо, это сработало.
Так же можно просто развернуть образ установленной системы 10.9\10.10 далее загрузиться с-х и далее идти по этому руководству: удалить кексты, перестроить, перегрузить, установить, перестроить, перегрузить. ФБ кекст дольше подбирать, если ничего не видно, или полосатый яркий экран, опять с-х загрузка, и иснова подбираем ФБ кекст, как сказано в этом руководстве.
Это работает для первого поколения встроенной графики интел на  HP 6450b

GhostRaider,

I want to thank you for this firstly.. but i cannot for the life of me get my machine to boot  with QE/CI on my HP 8440p. You compatibility list states the HP8440p is 100% compatible with QE/CI ..ive tried every framebuffer in your package and when i boot the wheel will stop spinning and then a large array of color will show up on the screen and it'll freeze that way. This happens no matter which FrameBuffer kext i install. I thought maybe i couldn't have full QE/CI so I also tried to just install the CI files and i get the same thing. 

I am running Mavericks 10.9.5 and ive read enough to know this computer should be fully working with this version of MacOS. I can boot into my machine via Safe Mode, but thats it. It wont boot normal..no matter which kexts i use. I dont understand what i could be doing so wrong. Please any direction from you or anyone here would be so great.

Also....i checked to see if i had an eDP or LVCD display in Ubuntu. I do have an eDP Display, but this should not matter because i have the HP 8440p right? Please any help would be great!

Again...I have an HP 8440p with Intel Integrated Graphics

Update: Also tried Yosemite Install and still not working with the QE/CI Kexts. Im totally lost

Thank for the Reply Ghostrider, I'll go through the VGA trial and error and if i fail then ill simply purchase ad hd300 enabled laptop on a pawnshop..

GhostRaider,

I want to thank you for this firstly.. but i cannot for the life of me get my machine to boot  with QE/CI on my HP 8440p. You compatibility list states the HP8440p is 100% compatible with QE/CI ..ive tried every framebuffer in your package and when i boot the wheel will stop spinning and then a large array of color will show up on the screen and it'll freeze that way. This happens no matter which FrameBuffer kext i install. I thought maybe i couldn't have full QE/CI so I also tried to just install the CI files and i get the same thing. 

I am running Mavericks 10.9.5 and ive read enough to know this computer should be fully working with this version of MacOS. I can boot into my machine via Safe Mode, but thats it. It wont boot normal..no matter which kexts i use. I dont understand what i could be doing so wrong. Please any direction from you or anyone here would be so great.

Also....i checked to see if i had an eDP or LVCD display in Ubuntu. I do have an eDP Display, but this should not matter because i have the HP 8440p right? Please any help would be great!

Again...I have an HP 8440p with Intel Integrated Graphics

Update: Also tried Yosemite Install and still not working with the QE/CI Kexts. Im totally lost

You can't enable the internal LCD with QE/CI since the framebuffer isn't coded for eDP displays. Now, if this computer does have a VGA port, then you may be able to use an external VGA monitor with QE/CI. The problem is that its very experimental.

mybe he meant via VGA.

Thank for the Reply Ghostrider, I'll go through the VGA trial and error and if i fail then ill simply purchase ad hd300 enabled laptop on a pawnshop..

You can't enable the internal LCD with QE/CI since the framebuffer isn't coded for eDP displays. Now, if this computer does have a VGA port, then you may be able to use an external VGA monitor with QE/CI. The problem is that its very experimental.

mybe he meant via VGA.

Thank you for the reply.. in the OP there is a portion that states the HP 8440P does not need to be checked for an EDP or LVDS display and that it would be compatible with QE/CI .. Unless i am reading the OP wrong my laptop should work with some framebuffer kext. So im not sure what i could or could not be doing wrong.

These are the known PCs that can enable native resolution and full graphics acceleration (QE/CI) for 1st Generation Intel® HD Graphics on OS X. If you see your manufacturer's name and PC model here, you do not have to check to see if your computer has an eDP or LVDS display connector.

Note: THIS LIST IS NOT COMPLETE! 

HP

• DM4-1160US
  • DV6-3057TX
  • EliteBook 8440p
  • G42-230BR
  • G42-356TU
  • G42-453TU
  • ProBook 4520s
  • ProBook 6550b

Thank you for the reply.. in the OP there is a portion that states the HP 8440P does not need to be checked for an EDP or LVDS display and that it would be compatible with QE/CI .. Unless i am reading the OP wrong my laptop should work with some framebuffer kext. So im not sure what i could or could not be doing wrong.

Sorry about the confusion, forgot to update the list. It was a mistake on my part because there is a model of the HP 8440P that can enable QE/CI but it had dedicated graphics. eDP displays are not supported unfortunately, but if you have an external vga monitor lying around, it doesn't hurt to try if it works or not. If not then 10.9.5 is the last OS X version to enable CI.

Guest calabash

i successfully run 10.10.2 on a HP G72, 1600x900 resolution with framebuffer: Duallink, Normal LW1, LVDS+VGA.

i tried to patch it with

General Patch
0F45C842898C33F00100
90909042898C33F00100

LVDS+VGA Patch 1

LVDS+VGA Patch 2

DualLink LW1
498B8424980600000FB64018C1E013410B466C4189466C498B8C249800000089810C000F00498B8424980600000FB64018C1E013410B466841
418B466C25FFFFC7FF0D0000000090909090904189466C498B8C249800000089810C000F00418B466825FFFFC7FF0D00000000909090909041

but i get a crumbled screen. Do i miss something or is anything to much?

Hi guys, i have an interesting aproach on my AS5741ZG, the AMD 5470 is active by default, no option to use the i5-460m GPU, so after a clean install of Yose and with only Chameleon on it, enabling AtiConfig=Eulemur and GE=Yes, after the OS loads and gets to login, the internal LCD goes corrupted...

If no GE=Yes and no AtiConfig ill get to the desktop and i can choose Graphics Mode to get the native resolution of 1336x768 but offcourse...no accelaration and that famous 717 as a 22" display.

Using SMBios MBP6.1 2011, no DSDT and no extra modules loaded, only basic chipset fixes.

Now if i boot with an Asus VS197 attached to to VGA port and again the above flags set....EUREKA...full identification of the Asus and a full discrete AMD Mobility Radeon5470 512Mb...AND at the same time working internal LCD!!!!

Such a beautifull OS X heheheh.

Can someone give me some clues on this beahavior and how to a have a chance...even remote of fixing this.

KInd regards from Portugal, txs in advance.

Confirmed working perfectly on Lenovo IdeaPad U460 -> IronLake graphics, 2.4GHz first gen Core i5 with generic default kexts.

Only tested 10.9.3 -> 10.9.5, I assume that Yosemite 10.10 -> 10.10.3 all work great too.

288MB vRam showing. No DVD drive, so cannot check DVD Player abilities. Everything else working GREAT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, this worked perfectly on Toshiba L655-S5115 with full QE/CI, but performance is a little slow.

I tried running Minecraft on it and was only getting around 15-20 FPS. On Windows, I was getting 60+ FPS.

Also, the fan is always running, it makes too much noise, even when laptop is idle, the fan runs.

Please help.

Hello, this worked perfectly on Toshiba L655-S5115 with full QE/CI, but performance is a little slow.

I tried running Minecraft on it and was only getting around 15-20 FPS. On Windows, I was getting 60+ FPS.

Also, the fan is always running, it makes too much noise, even when laptop is idle, the fan runs.

Please help.

How did u get fps 60 on minecraft, mine on windows got 25 :3 pls help mee :D

How did u get fps 60 on minecraft, mine on windows got 25 :3 pls help mee :D

Put all settings on low and get optifine. Also get a simple texturepack and don't play fullscreen. It will be 60+ PFS

• 2 weeks later...

GhostRaider i can confirm all your guide is working under os x 10.6.7 to 10.10.3, but today i tried os x lion on my laptop, it's acer 4739 with QE support, and ,, my screen got something like this, in my actual monitor screen it's has 4 screen on one monitor though.. can you help me with my frame buffer ?? 

screenshot of my experiment...

Screen_Shot_2015_06_03_at_12_12_20_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2015_06_03_at_12_13_01_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2015_06_03_at_12_15_12_PM.pn
Screen_Shot_2015_06_03_at_12_14_35_PM.pn