[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

I was never a fan of OS X Lion haha. Well you can always use an older or newer framebuffer on Lion. That's the easiest solution. Or stick with Mountain Lion. Its better than 10.7 and is still widely supported

:yes:  :angel: ahahaha.. thanks for answering, just curious though.. ehe. okay i'll try your advice  :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: can i use your MLDP2 frabuffer O.o 

I don't really remember those anymore but you can try. Else just use the 10.8.5 framebuffer. If they work and give you QE/CI then I see no problem.

okay i'll try it.

Quick question, if I enable the VGA port, will I still be able to use my laptops display when I don't have the VGA cable connected?

You mean hot plugging? No, that is not possible. You have to reboot the laptop if you want to switch displays. 

Hello,

I am following the tutorial from this topic, hoping to run Yosemite on my 2010 HP Pavilion DV6-3160ew (full specs available in my profile)

I am using Clover bootloader, however I can't find any information about my laptop's model configuration, so I am trying to make use of any information that I am able to find on the internet. As you may have guessed by now, I am looking for help from someone more experienced in creating the hackintosh.

I am currently receiving the following error, once I choose "Boot from OSX USB". (I turned on verbose logging using Clover configuration tool.)

The installation doesn't continue, even when I wait for 5 minutes.

com.apple.webcontentfilter.dns <Notice>: This service is defined to be constantly running and is inherently inefficient

Could you please point me to some source of about proper configuration of the clover for the devices described in this topic?

You mean hot plugging? No, that is not possible. You have to reboot the laptop if you want to switch displays. 

No I mean the external monitor thing. Clamshell mode thing. If I do all the steps in that, will I still be able to use my laptops display if I don't want to use the external monitor.

No I mean the external monitor thing. Clamshell mode thing. If I do all the steps in that, will I still be able to use my laptops display if I don't want to use the external monitor.

Oh okay, I get what you mean. In order for the external monitor to work, you must modify the DSDT to enable VGA. If you don't modify the DSDT, then the internal monitor works. We know that hot plugging doesn't work but you can have 2 DSDTs, one for internal, one for VGA, and I believe Clover has the ability to let you choose which DSDT to enable during boot.

Hello,

I am following the tutorial from this topic, hoping to run Yosemite on my 2010 HP Pavilion DV6-3160ew (full specs available in my profile)

I am using Clover bootloader, however I can't find any information about my laptop's model configuration, so I am trying to make use of any information that I am able to find on the internet. As you may have guessed by now, I am looking for help from someone more experienced in creating the hackintosh.

I am currently receiving the following error, once I choose "Boot from OSX USB". (I turned on verbose logging using Clover configuration tool.)

The installation doesn't continue, even when I wait for 5 minutes.

com.apple.webcontentfilter.dns <Notice>: This service is defined to be constantly running and is inherently inefficient

Could you please point me to some source of about proper configuration of the clover for the devices described in this topic?

That error that you posted is not an error at all. Did you delete the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the USB Installer? Seems like you didn't.

That error that you posted is not an error at all. Did you delete the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the USB Installer? Seems like you didn't.

Unfortunately I did, there are no kext files on the USB that are called like this. The only files of the similar name that are left are: AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Do you happen to have any other suggestions?

Actually I called it an error, because it makes the installation stall.

I have also found the following topic, however despite having the following boot arguments, I am still unable to continue with the installation:

-v darkwake=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1

My current Clover boot flags are: http://i.imgur.com/CxyPLrY.png and here is the outcome http://i.imgur.com/BFUK3bj.jpg

My guess is that a problem is connected to the switchable GPU that is present in dv6-3160ew. There is no way to turn it off from the BIOS (there is no option for that).

Here are the specs of my slightly modified HP Pavilion DV6-3160ew (changed HDD to SSD, and upgraded RAM from 4 to 8 GB):

LCD

• 15.6' LED

resolution

• 1366 x 768 

CPU

• Intel® Core™ i5

model

• i5-460M (2.53 GHz, 3 MB cache)

cores

RAM

• 8 GB

RAM TYPE

• DDR3 (1066 MHz)

SSD

• 250 GB

Optical Drive

• DVD+/-RW DL LightScribe

GPU

• ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 / Intel HD Graphics

GPU RAM

• 1024 MB
  • 1 x D-Sub
  • 1 x HDMI

card readers

• xD
  • SD
  • MMC
  • MS-Pro
  • Memory Stick

radios

• WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g/n
  • LAN 1 Gbps
  • Bluetooth

interfaces

• eSata
  • 4 x USB

somebody help pls. !!!

ihave an a I3 370M mobile CPU with Intel HD Graphics, all works, imean DVD player chk., QE/CI, BUT!!! can't enable the HW OpenGL renderer, just the software renderer worx... any1 can help? (Single GPU)

Unfortunately I did, there are no kext files on the USB that are called like this. The only files of the similar name that are left are: AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Do you happen to have any other suggestions?

Actually I called it an error, because it makes the installation stall.

I have also found the following topic, however despite having the following boot arguments, I am still unable to continue with the installation:

-v darkwake=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1

My current Clover boot flags are: http://i.imgur.com/CxyPLrY.png and here is the outcome http://i.imgur.com/BFUK3bj.jpg

My guess is that a problem is connected to the switchable GPU that is present in dv6-3160ew. There is no way to turn it off from the BIOS (there is no option for that).

Here are the specs of my slightly modified HP Pavilion DV6-3160ew (changed HDD to SSD, and upgraded RAM from 4 to 8 GB):

There's a bunch of errors on your verbose screen. Doesn't look good. You can ignore the launchd[1] errors. Does it ever mention DSMOS has arrived? I don't see that anywhere.

somebody help pls. !!!

ihave an a I3 370M mobile CPU with Intel HD Graphics, all works, imean DVD player chk., QE/CI, BUT!!! can't enable the HW OpenGL renderer, just the software renderer worx... any1 can help? (Single GPU)

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? Nah i'm kidding, this is only a cosmetic issue. Just press the core button and switch it to compatibility  :)

There's a bunch of errors on your verbose screen. Doesn't look good. You can ignore the launchd[1] errors. Does it ever mention DSMOS has arrived? I don't see that anywhere.

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? Nah i'm kidding, this is only a cosmetic issue. Just press the core button and switch it to compatibility  :)

1st iwant to say: Thank you very much!!! (4 the lightspeed answer also)    

2st gputestGUI not worx with HW acc. and primitive games runs like a slowmotion video, that is the reason why istarted to find out the problem :)

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/qa/qa1734/_index.html

1st iwant to say: Thank you very much!!! (4 the lightspeed answer also)    

2st gputestGUI not worx with HW acc. and primitive games runs like a slowmotion video, that is the reason why istarted to find out the problem :)

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/qa/qa1734/_index.html

This IGPU is already 5 years old so i'm not surprised by its performance. Anyways has that string "NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching" helped you out in any way or is everything the same?

This IGPU is already 5 years old so i'm not surprised by its performance. Anyways has that string "NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching" helped you out in any way or is everything the same?

soon itry it

Oh okay, I get what you mean. In order for the external monitor to work, you must modify the DSDT to enable VGA. If you don't modify the DSDT, then the internal monitor works. We know that hot plugging doesn't work but you can have 2 DSDTs, one for internal, one for VGA, and I believe Clover has the ability to let you choose which DSDT to enable during boot.

So if I'm using the DSDT for the VGA and I turn on my laptop without an external monitor, it won't work right? Also, if that is that case, is there any way to get multiple DSDT's on Chameleon Bootloader?

So if I'm using the DSDT for the VGA and I turn on my laptop without an external monitor, it won't work right? Also, if that is that case, is there any way to get multiple DSDT's on Chameleon Bootloader?

That is correct. and well just set a default directory of your dsdt in your chameleon boot.plist file. Then whenever you want to boot different dsdts just type the flag dsdt=/extra/nameofdsdt.aml in the chameleon boot screen. It will then override the default dsdt.

Hello GhostRaider .. finally i can make it work.. OS X Lion 10.7.5 on Intel HD Graphics 1st gen.. using SnowLeopard binary and modify some of them.. and voila a.. i got this .. after reading verteks post :3 .btw the Info.plist file edited to 0

Screen_Shot_2015_06_10_at_7_39_56_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015_06_10_at_7_40_40_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015_06_10_at_8_48_39_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015_06_10_at_7_50_40_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015_06_10_at_9_04_45_PM.png

Hello GhostRaider .. finally i can make it work.. OS X Lion 10.7.5 on Intel HD Graphics 1st gen.. using SnowLeopard binary and modify some of them.. and voila a.. i got this .. after reading verteks post :3 .btw the Info.plist file edited to 0.

That's great to hear. Hopefully you'll have fun using OS X  :). I'm still not sure why you want to use an older version though. 

• Like 1

That's great to hear. Hopefully you'll have fun using OS X  :). I'm still not sure why you want to use an older version though. 

hehehe  :hyper: ...  bcause mmm.. idk too.. i'm curious with lion also :3 hehe

• Like 1

i cant manage to make clover not to scramble my screen, even following the instructions for its config. with chameleon goes just fine. any tips?

From what I remember, if you have Inject Intel enabled it will scramble the screen. The other method is basically disabling EDID so Clover won't have a native resolution. You tried that?

From what I remember, if you have Inject Intel enabled it will scramble the screen. The other method is basically disabling EDID so Clover won't have a native resolution. You tried that?

if i inject intel the screen scrambles, if i dont, i dont get to the gui. and disabling the edid how? i didnt set anything besides install it legacy and configure kexts and config.plist.

tried on the fly, but got black screen.

if i inject intel the screen scrambles, if i dont, i dont get to the gui. and disabling the edid how? i didnt set anything besides install it legacy and configure kexts and config.plist.

tried on the fly, but got black screen.

There is also a checkmark on clover that says inject EDID. This usually causes Clover to be displayed in native resolution. Assuming you are using Clover Configurator. Are you one of the few people that need to inject OS-info to their dsdt? I had to do that or else I would never see the desktop either even if I used clover.

There is also a checkmark on clover that says inject EDID. This usually causes Clover to be displayed in native resolution. Assuming you are using Clover Configurator. Are you one of the few people that need to inject OS-info to their dsdt? I had to do that or else I would never see the desktop either even if I used clover.

not with chameleon. the checkmark is not marked also. you mean i may need to do it to work with clover, even if works without it with chameleon? im not sure if i get it right.

to get it to work, i simply get the fb, patch it and install it. that works with chameleon. with clover no gui without inject intel, gui distorced injecting, and using the on the fly black screen. 

my fb is patched normal, singlelink.

perhaps i can show you my config.plist with on the fly and without for you to see if i am making some mistake.

configs.rar