Generic USB2.0 (EHCI) Driver

orByte

474 posts in this topic

orbyte any news?

Hi, yes. Sorry 'bout the wait... Getting used to XCode 3. I have it compiled now. After I do a few local tests, I will be releasing a test version. If all goes well, should be within the next few days.

Best!

Hi, yes. Sorry 'bout the wait... Getting used to XCode 3. I have it compiled now. After I do a few local tests, I will be releasing a test version. If all goes well, should be within the next few days.

Best!

Nice. Now testing Leopard and could use this, also could use it for my stable 10.4.10.

im on ASUS P4P800SE i865 : <<<<<WORKING 100%>>>>>>>>>>>>>> here is the log

im running 10.5.1 :

ive tried with kernel 10.5 on 10.5.1 cause it does work to use 10.5 kernel, same thing : the kext is now loaded : i get error at startup -v . Ive testede my iphone is recharging on his dock same as usb legacy off menawhile it wasnt before. Btw i do have USB under osx system profiler recognized as one port in high speed usb (ans is said to be depend from AppleIOUSBEHCI but ive deleted it :( lol)

here is the system log :

BSD root: disk1s2, major 14, minor 4

Nov 21 01:00:19 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.853 EHCI - Ownership conflict - attempting hard reset ...

Nov 21 01:00:19 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.859 EHCI - Force BIOS Ownership to 0

Nov 21 01:00:19 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.864 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

im on ASUS P4P800SE i865 : <<<<<WORKING 100%>>>>>>>>>>>>>> here is the log

im running 10.5.1 :

ive tried with kernel 10.5 on 10.5.1 cause it does work to use 10.5 kernel, same thing : the kext is now loaded : i get error at startup -v . Ive testede my iphone is recharging on his dock same as usb legacy off menawhile it wasnt before. Btw i do have USB under osx system profiler recognized as one port in high speed usb (ans is said to be depend from AppleIOUSBEHCI but ive deleted it :) lol)

here is the system log :

BSD root: disk1s2, major 14, minor 4

Nov 21 01:00:19 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.853 EHCI - Ownership conflict - attempting hard reset ...

Nov 21 01:00:19 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.859 EHCI - Force BIOS Ownership to 0

Nov 21 01:00:19 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 0.864 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

So it's working right? the USBF logged items reflect normal operation - nothing to worry about. But yes, I forgot to mention that the AppleUSBEHCI.kext must be deleted - some people have more than one of these, in which case they must all be deleted.

I did all my testing on 10.5 - as the source code is for 10.5. It may or may not work on 10.5.1 - but it seems to be working?

It is also possible to try:

kextload -v -t .../PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

And this should show if there are any symbol incompatibilities with 10.5.1

Best

hi orByte,

thanks for the coding :) , I also confirm Leo PCGen working, but only with the original IOPCIFamily.kext 2.4. For PCMCIA Ihave to revert to v. 1.8 with which the new pcgen is not working. So as of now either PCMCIA or USB mass storage.

Cheers,

Bugs

hi orByte,

thanks for the coding :) , I also confirm Leo PCGen working, but only with the original IOPCIFamily.kext 2.4. For PCMCIA Ihave to revert to v. 1.8 with which the new pcgen is not working. So as of now either PCMCIA or USB mass storage.

Cheers,

Bugs

Interesting... Are you getting any kind of error messages? Either with IOPCI 1.8 + Leo PCGen for USB, or with IOPCI 2.4 + PCGen for PCMCIA? What's the system specs. In particular are there any incompatible symbol or 'not found' ssymbol type messages?

Edit: IS it the Toshiba in your sig file?

Best!

I used PCGenUSBEHCI-2.7.0 for Darwin 8.9.1 from page 1 of this thread on Tubgirl's 10.4.10 release, and high speed USB is working. I have a DFI LanParty UT nForce4 Ultra-D MB and Athlon X2 4600+. The BIOS is set to V1.1 & 2.0. The Darwin version on my machine is 8.10.1.

I previously installed IOUSBFamily-276.4.0-log(Intel).dmg from apple, not the log version, but the other nonlog package in the image, from here:

http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers...d/usbdebug.html

I followed the risk taker instructions exactly, but had already seen from the grep of EHCI that the controller could not take control from the BIOS.

Lastly, I don't think this made any difference, but I had previously also replaced 2 kexts: AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext with the kexts from the Shrinker download. I installed by replacing the files and fixing permissions. After doing this though, I think it caused my network connections to go from 100% to working on occasion. The system booted, so I would just need to put back the backup kexts.

I needed to reinstall anyway, so I had nothing to lose, but I would be concerned about trying this on a system where things would be lost! Hope this helps people wanting to try it on 10.4.10.

Hi,

My system profiler report that my USB 2.0 is supported. But when I transfer data using USB to my portable harddisk, it take time longer than than it should be. Transfer data much faster in windows. Does any one know about this and how to fix this issue?

I am currently in the process of making the move on my AMD from 10.4.10 (worked flawlessly -- USB functionality provided by the hacked kexts provided by BugsBunny a few pages back) to 10.5. My last big hurdle is getting USB working. I am basing my success in this area by getting my external USB HD to show up -- currently it does not.

I tried just loading in Leo PCGen. Nothing different. No HD.

I tried loading the old .kexts from BugsBunny that resolved my issues for 10.4.10. A couple errors in -v but once into OSX the external shows up -- success -- can't move mouse -- failure.

I have now reverted to my original Leo IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext 1.4.7, IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext and have removed the Leo PCGen.

Anyone have any suggestions and what I can try here? Am I wrong in thinking that Leo PCGen should resolve this issue and that I am just doing something wrong or missing a required kext? Thanks for reading and any help.

kextload -t PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/
kextload: extension PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/ appears to be loadable
kextload: kmod_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/
link/load failed for extension PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/
(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

9.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43 SCT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2~1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

wrong kernel maybe?

kextload -t PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/
kextload: extension PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/ appears to be loadable
kextload: kmod_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI; destroying kmod
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/
link/load failed for extension PCGenUSBEHCI.kext/

9.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Fri Nov 16 14:50:43 SCT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-1228.0.2~1/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

wrong kernel maybe?

A version of AppleUSBEHCI.kext likely still exists somewhere in your system. Delete it, and touch the extensions folder before rebooting. Also check permissions and repair if needed.

Best

i forgot to remove that in IOUSBFamily.kext!!! (someone please RTFM to me :-)

NOW IS FULLY WORKING!!! YEAH! usb 2.0 hd ok, external audio ok, apple keyb and mouse ok, tv tuner ok.

thank you orByte for your effort! my leopard is now fully working! thanks again

my machine is a intel 945GM+ICH7 based notebook, IOUSBFamily 3.0.3, kernel 9.1.0toh and 9.0.0toh

Francesco

Hi,

My system profiler report that my USB 2.0 is supported. But when I transfer data using USB to my portable harddisk, it take time longer than than it should be. Transfer data much faster in windows. Does any one know about this and how to fix this issue?

Anyone?

The Leopard version seems to work but is very buggy for me :(

After rebooting, I get a Kernel panic. Somehow I can boot using the -v flag. Once in Leopard, my system is very very slow, like when your cpu is being used at 100% (which is not the case). My mouse cursor moves are choppy.

But USB devices do get recognized. But I can't use this driver as my system gets almost unusable by its slowness and chopiness :(

I have a toshiba laptop with an Intel 945GM chipset by the way, if that can help :P

Well, On my i975X chipset the Tiger PcGenEHCI worked great across all kernels (8.7.X, 8.8.X, 8.9.X); Leopard version isn't working for me as of yet:

joshuas-computer:PlugIns Joshua$ sudo kextload -v -t /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

Password:

kextload: resolving dependencies for kernel extensions with validation and authentication failures

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: loading extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

**EDIT: got it working [again] w/ the old PCGenUSBEHCI 2.5.6a... EDIT: Not stable**

Loaded fine at Leopard 10.5.1 (see below)... testing now

bash-3.2# kextstat | grep PCG

37 0 0x21409000 0x12000 0x11000 com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI (3.0.3) <35 17 7 6 5 4>

bash-3.2#

EDIT: working fine and really fast

Ok i am having usb issues - i have tried this kext before but it doesnt fix my problem. Here is a kext stat of the stock Leopard usb:

40 6 0x3492e000 0x28000 0x27000 com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily (3.0.3) <7 6 5 4>

41 0 0x3497f000 0xb000 0xa000 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBOHCI (3.0.3) <40 17 6 5 4>

44 0 0x34ac8000 0x12000 0x11000 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI (3.0.3) <40 17 7 6 5 4>

69 0 0x2df24000 0x2000 0x1000 com.apple.iokit.IOUSBUserClient (3.0.3) <40 6 5 4>

72 0 0x2f21a000 0xb000 0xa000 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHub (3.0.3) <40 6 5 4>

77 0 0x340ad000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite (3.0.0) <40 5 4>

79 0 0x348b3000 0x5000 0x4000 com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHIDDriver (3.0.3) <40 21 6 5 4>

Edit

bash-3.2# dmesg | grep -i usb

USBF: 54.868 AppleUSBOHCI[0x37b4000]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

My problem is my keyboard and mouse both work but my printer and usb-keys are not recognized....if i go into my bios and turn off legacy then my keyboard and mouse do NOT work and the printer gets recognized.

Mouse/Keyboard = usb1

Printer = usb2

usbkey = usb2

I am running out of ideas on how to get all things working at the same time??