Generic USB2.0 (EHCI) Driver

orByte

474 posts in this topic

OK, leopard with 9.1 kernel works perfectly, even with speedstep kernel, but not 9.2 (vanilla, speedstep...)...

But it's strange, it do the resetting with success at boot, but after boot if i plug a usb peripheric, it will be alimented but not used, dsmeg said that : specific matching failed...

Looks like another pb... Because usb working in system information all peripherics are shown...BUt not used by the system...

Anyone got an idea ???

orByte, could you help me please?

Sorry, I have not done any testing with 10.5.2. The PCGenUSBEHCI latest version was developed on 10.5.0/10.5.1. Maybe someone else who is running it on 10.5.2 can help.

Best

O ran the latest version on my Asus P35 Pro mobo, and had no problem at all until I play WoW. I have already turned off all sound and voice feature, but somehow affect my kernel so bad that my M-Audio FW produce jittering sound, and the whole machine started to feel sluggish.

My system log produced a lot of errors like the following one as soon as I launch WoW, and restart is require for the problem to go away.

Apr 3 02:28:01 sic kernel[0]: USBF: 752.380 AppleUSBUHCI[0xaaf0000]::AddIsochFramesToSchedule - end - startFrame(0x533443) finFrame(0x533447)

Kernel: ToH 9.2.2 (vanilla won't work since my mobo doesn't support HPET)

Chipset: P35

USB Controller: 29358086

USB Headphone/mic set: 000c0x0d8c (I only use the mic though)

Sound: M-Audio FW Unit Software Version: 0x14001 Unit Spec ID: 0xA02D

I solved it by using AppleUSBEHCI.kext instead.

Hope this would help your development.If you want more info, please let me know.

Ive been trying to get USB working, but usb 2 just wont function.

When I install pcgenusbehci 303 my usb pen drive immediatly shows up, but after a reboot, its gone again.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

works fine for me !!!

USBF: 1.103 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

USBF: 1.103 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0042000

USBF: 1.103 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1000001 - writing OSOwned

USBF: 1.103 acquireOSOwnership done - value 0x1000001

Hi, I installed this on my HP G5009 (notebook) and it works great, although i had to also install the modified IOUSBMassStorage kext. Now my usb harddrive is detected correctly.

However, my printer/scanner (a Brother DCP-7010) is not recognized as a USB2 device, which makes hi-res scanning painfully slow. Is there some kext available to generally recognize USB2 peripherals and not just harddrives?

EDIT: using 10.5.2 Leo4allv3

no USB ports working here.

i tried with the apple update of IOUSBFamily but nothing worked.

in verbose mode it says:

Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI

[...]

AppleUSBEHCI: unable to initialize UIM

any solution??

wondering if these will fix some problems im getting with external USB drivers, every few minutes while transfering files to/from my USB drives the transfer will pause and i'll start seeing these messages in console:

USBF: 1043.462 AppleUSBEHCI[0x6fb3000]::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 0xfd, timing out! (Addr: 2, EP: 8)

after about a minute it will continue, but it will keep happening every few minutes. Some real intel/mac users have reported that they get those same messages for external USB drives and simply connecting it through a USB powered HUB will fix it.

well then remove AppleUSBEHCI.kext, and you won't have any probs with it anymore ......

isnt ehci part of usb 2.0? if i remove it i would be stuck at usb1.0 speeds.

If you don't remove Apple's EHCI then orbyt's EHIC most likely will not get loaded. There were just very few cases where Apple's EHCI did not interfere with orbyte's EHCI. You guys don't want to rely on your luck, do you .. :)

apart from that the procedure has been covered many times here .. :-\

I've got a Kalyway 10.5.2 and this seems to have fixed the USB issues with thumb drives and external HDs, but my iPod and iPhone don't mount.

I have the same problem, Ipod not mounting. When plugging in the Ipod I get this message in system log:

May 9 21:35:18 c-654fe555 kextd[10]: a different version of dependency extension /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext is already loaded

Maybe it's of some help?

I have the same problem, Ipod not mounting. When plugging in the Ipod I get this message in system log:

May 9 21:35:18 c-654fe555 kextd[10]: a different version of dependency extension /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext is already loaded

Maybe it's of some help?

that means you have a mismatch between your kernel and your system.kext extension. you need to make sure you have the matching kernel and extension for those 2, rest can be any version almost.

that means you have a mismatch between your kernel and your system.kext extension. you need to make sure you have the matching kernel and extension for those 2, rest can be any version almost.

Thanks a lot, had to manually install the 9.2.2 System.kext and now it works =)