iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

eep357

112 posts in this topic

Post your config.plist

Don't have config.plist as I am using new Chameleon bootloader with FileNVRAM.dylib that fixes the iMessage and I am getting "call support" error with that.

see here http://www.projectos...opic=2304&st=80 for Slice's answer to your question, but not asked by you :)

Once a pkg is made, people will download it, and since this is new fix/first revision, they won't get needed updates or improvements if/when released. It really is better to build it, and you'll want the ability so you can update in the future as well. Check line 249 using a text editor (preferably Text Wrangler or similar that has lines numbered). Should have

echob " Make EDK II Revision $basetools BaseTools"

with the "" being present, fix it if needed. If already correct, try reinstalling xcode command line tools and verify all your file permissions are correct (home's download folder too which is not checked by Disk Utility), unless dmazar has other suggestions

I'm no Clover guru and Google knows more than I do :)

Im also getting this error... didnt find a way to fix it yet.

Don't have config.plist as I am using new Chameleon bootloader with FileNVRAM.dylib that fixes the iMessage and I am getting "call support" error with that.

I have had this problem, I add a credit card to my Apple ID account and voilaaaa!!!!!! receive a email fromm Apple, and I log in my account iMessages and this work now!!!! :smoke:

I have had this problem, I add a credit card to my Apple ID account and voilaaaa!!!!!! receive a email fromm Apple, and I log in my account iMessages and this work now!!!! :smoke:

Wow that worked! :thumbsup_anim:

So we can't use imessage if we don't set a credit card? Uhm... why...?

you have read the Guide ? iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

Please, please, please read all the instructions for Clover here before asking any Clover related questions!

Edit or maybe Warning:

One note, a few people have had message saying "account locked, call customer service" either right away or even after a successful login and a reboot. Not sure the cause, but I recommend rebooting twice before trying to log into Messages incase there are nvram values such as platform-uuid that if you are not specifying them in config.plist, Clover will set them at shutdown to be applied on the next reboot, which would then be the second time your booting using Clover.--Further reports on this have indicated success after a credit card has been tied to appleID account through the appstore, or when a small $1 app is purchased.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I booted from clover usb and it worked fine. However, when booting back from Chameleon (main drive) iMessage started working again! What's the deal? Anyone else seen this?

If it works I see no reason to install clover ... right?

It will only work until it signs out again then you can reboot with clover and sign in again and go back to Chameleon until it signs out again. Chameleon also has a fix out now but it's not yet working for me though many others have had success with it.

see here http://www.projectos...opic=2304&st=80 for Slice's answer to your question, but not asked by you :)

Once a pkg is made, people will download it, and since this is new fix/first revision, they won't get needed updates or improvements if/when released. It really is better to build it, and you'll want the ability so you can update in the future as well. Check line 249 using a text editor (preferably Text Wrangler or similar that has lines numbered). Should have

echob " Make EDK II Revision $basetools BaseTools"

with the "" being present, fix it if needed. If already correct, try reinstalling xcode command line tools and verify all your file permissions are correct (home's download folder too which is not checked by Disk Utility), unless dmazar has other suggestions

I'm no Clover guru and Google knows more than I do :)

i had the same issue

i fixed it doing the following:

cd ~

cd src

svn co https://edk2.svn.sou...edk2/trunk/edk2 edk2

after that i changed to root (sudo -s) and started the command again!

you have recovery partition, location services and all that jazz to where Find My Mac was working before and now it isn't?

He does. He E-Mailed me about it. He is using my fix that I just posted for Find My Mac and his does not work along side the iMessages fix.

you have recovery partition, location services and all that jazz to where Find My Mac was working before and now it isn't?

Yeah, It was working using the com.nvram.root.plist fix (mentioned here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/271206-how-to-enable-find-my-mac-with-a-fake-recovery-hd-updated/) It really isn't a big thing.. I mean you just have to go into icloud and reenable it after each restart. I'd just like to fix it before i start messing with the Probook and put mac on there.

on reboot nvram -p show fm-mobile-token? if not you may be able to add it to the chameleon one in /extra but I haven't even looked at it, I'm running clover as it's much more stable with my hardware, gpu and OC combo. Also with method you were using with launch daemon to load it, are you including rc.shutdown.local file in /private/etc/ to have /nvram.pllst auto update on every shutdown?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmmed working by adding a CC. No need for a purchase. My App Store was in UK but I had to change Market in order to be able to add a non-UK CC (card needs to match store).

This was driving me nuts as nor Clover nor Chameleon were bypassing the "call Apple blah blah".

• 3 weeks later...

you have read the Guide ? iMessage/Messages Fix-How To

Please, please, please read all the instructions for Clover here before asking any Clover related questions!

Edit or maybe Warning:

One note, a few people have had message saying "account locked, call customer service" either right away or even after a successful login and a reboot. Not sure the cause, but I recommend rebooting twice before trying to log into Messages incase there are nvram values such as platform-uuid that if you are not specifying them in config.plist, Clover will set them at shutdown to be applied on the next reboot, which would then be the second time your booting using Clover.--Further reports on this have indicated success after a credit card has been tied to appleID account through the appstore, or when a small $1 app is purchased.

Error solved by adding a credit card to my AppleID account. If you want to delete after the Messages error is fixed, this method of paiement : error come back :/

on reboot nvram -p show fm-mobile-token? if not you may be able to add it to the chameleon one in /extra but I haven't even looked at it, I'm running clover as it's much more stable with my hardware, gpu and OC combo. Also with method you were using with launch daemon to load it, are you including rc.shutdown.local file in /private/etc/ to have /nvram.pllst auto update on every shutdown?

Could you provide more information about how to refresh everyboot? PM me if you can.