Installing Mountain lion on Asus G75VW

slayer2333

64 posts in this topic

For those curious, I took my dsdt, fixed the errors, applied some patches and got this. I'm sure there are things that don't work, but it's a start.

Sleep issues still existed. I ended up editing the vanilla DSDT again. I added the gfx again. Now compiles with no errors/warnings. Currently working on the darn _BIF method to return valid data.

DSDT.zip

• Like 1

Nope. As I hate the backlight in general, I don't care to have it patched or working. As for the applehda, I don't have windows functional so I can't get the pin overrides. Also, has anyone gotten a vt1802 to work in osx? I know voodoohda works, but it gives garbage sound. the vt2021 can work in osx, but if you look at the specs its WAY better than our vt1802 and a different beast all together.

I wonder if he has the NV100Enabler.kext that comes with iAtkos installed. From what I remember, it seems to install that auto-magically ;) Regardless of if he does or not, for the sake of you guys with the 660m perhaps see if its a device id issue? You say its the save device, though. Same dev id etc?

Oh you know it! The voodoohda is horrible in sound quality. I'll play around with it tonight. Hmm judging by his codec entry in the dsdt segment he posted might be different. Appears he has a Conexant Whereas we have a VIA codec. We'll see, but don't get your hopes up.

Edit: Yeah I played around with it last night. We have a different codec ID. I'm not done messing with it, but I haven't been too great at patching AppleHDA in the past. We'll see though.

• 2 months later...

Hello, people! I have a G75VW RS72 BIOS 223 and am having some video problems. When I'm editing in Final Cut X freeze it and have to restart the notebook. This is very bad. Do you have any solution to show me?

I'm using chameleon and GE = Yes Cuda and OpenCL OpenGL patch MAC OS 10.8.4 Build 12WE33a. My GPU is gtx 670m and have freeze sometimes on system. :/

----- EDIT

BIOS 203 Working with chameleon knows 12 GB DDR 3, Keyboard backlight works and USB 3.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello to all,

I'm trying to install ML on my Asus G75VX cv006h:

i7 3630qm (HD 4000 integrated video)

HM77 Chipset

nvidia gforce 670mx

Kingston 240GB ssd HiperX

16gb Ram

bios 204

(the bios does not get to 222 as with G75VW)

I've used both iATKOS ml2 that ml3 but I can do the installation, but then crashes at startup. definitely something wrong. like you did?

can you tell me step by step to setting the bios and usb prepazione installation, partitions for a future dualboot with win ecc

thank you very much.

ps: I've done other hacks but this time I can not

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,
I'm trying to install ML on my Asus G75VX cv006h:
i7 3630qm (HD 4000 integrated video)
HM77 Chipset
nvidia gforce 670mx
Kingston 240GB ssd HiperX
16gb Ram
bios 204
(the bios does not get to 222 as with G75VW)

I've used both iATKOS ml2 that ml3 but I can do the installation, but then crashes at startup. definitely something wrong. like you did?
can you tell me step by step to setting the bios and usb prepazione installation, partitions for a future dualboot with win ecc
thank you very much.

ps: I've done other hacks but this time I can not

Hello mattegsxr. The series G75 gamers have intel hd 4000 is disabled.

You can try this metod from olarila as I did. http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1627 - You can download Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Use Smbios MacbookPro9,1 and install the kext GenericUSBXHCI. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any progress on the 660m yet?  FINALLY got 10.8.4 running using iatkos and that multi-xxx tool we're not supposed to talk about to get USB 3 working.  Aside from the wireless, only thing not working is the 660m.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone I could use a little help with the following problem.

I am trying to put clover on my g75vw 660m, using chameleon I can get 1920x1080x32 but no h/a, that is fine but when I load clover and I can get it to boot. It boots only in 1024x768, can't get it to go 1920x1080. Running v1942 and tried all different setups, it just doesn't want to go full rez. Any help would be appreciated....

ckegman

Well I fixed problem with 660m, I bought a 670m on ebay and replaced. Replacing the video card wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. loaded windows back on laptop first and everything seems fine. Recognized as 670m and tests well. Paid 259 us. If would of known I should of bought laptop with the 670m already installed not the 660m.

How did you replace the graphics card? Isn't it saudered into the motherboard or something? I'd like the replace mine too. I have the 670mx (asus g75vx)

No isn't, It wasn't that hard just take your time. Lots of screws and they are all numbered.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm at a loss, I followed the instructions in the thread to a t, but after the white screen with the Apple on it, it just goes black and my USB stick stops flashing.  I have the 3 gig 670 in my laptop if that makes any different.

I used the thing that cannot be named to create my bootable USB.

Any idea's?

Thanks

UPDATE - Ok, I deleted the NVDAResman.kext from the installer, it installed, and booted into Mountain Lion no problem, I just had 1024x768 resolution.  I installed the Nvidia graphics driver, and now it hangs on the white apple screen.

Using Chameleon or Clover renders to the same thing [without DSDT], only one problem, just boot with -v:

- need bios patch with PMPatch or AICPM in bootloader

Other than that, you need only FakeSMC.kext to get system working with full graphics, but you need DSDT patches to get thing working:

- hardware replace the wifi card with one compatible

- DSDT for display backlight level and keyboard light

- DSDT for sleep

- DSDT and .kext for sound

- .kext for keyboard and touchpad

- .kext for lan

[using Clover, select only the following: Install for UEFI motherboard and OsxAptioFixDrv-64]

Using Chameleon or Clover renders to the same thing [without DSDT], only one problem, just boot with -v:

- need bios patch with PMPatch or AICPM in bootloader

Other than that, you need only FakeSMC.kext to get system working with full graphics, but you need DSDT patches to get thing working:

- hardware replace the wifi card with one compatible

- DSDT for display backlight level and keyboard light

- DSDT for sleep

- DSDT and .kext for sound

- .kext for keyboard and touchpad

- .kext for lan

[using Clover, select only the following: Install for UEFI motherboard and OsxAptioFixDrv-64]

So I just need to install the fakeSMC.ktext for graphics?  I have sound fine and lan without doing anything, is that normal?

So I just need to install the fakeSMC.ktext for graphics?  I have sound fine and lan without doing anything, is that normal?

That's interesting... would you send me a pm with some details like the method used, the name of the bootloader and the files ?

I'm always using only manual setup, like creating vanilla usb installer, using bootloader like Chameleon Bootloader [i rather use Clover because of pure UEFI support], DSDT and the kexts needed to activate.. again, I opt for vanilla.

[i have 2x ssd raid0 with Windows, but OS X doesn't support native raid within bios but rather the in-software method]

so...

From my test and render to this result:

-Chameleon bootloader can boot legacy and does just fine with AppleIntelCpu* patch

-Clover is even better providing full resolution in UEFI native with automatic DSDT patch - this is what I recommand, just select Install for UEFI motherboard and select only OsxAptioFixDrv !

I had full graphics with QE/CI and most working, so I used:

- MacBookPro10,1 retina early2013 definitions

- FakeSMC.kext from https://code.google.com/p/os-x-fake-smc-kozlek/downloads/list

- AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext for keyboard and touch [use from my host as it's edited to have perfect layout US] http://vladichimescu.me/pages/consultant/asus_g75vw/osx/Extra/Extensions/

- AtherosL1cEthernet.kext for LAN http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283086-updated-atheros-ar8131325152-driver-for-107108/

What to do next [DSDT]:

- change wifi to AR5B195 and use DSDT for AR9285 to have native wifi [if doesn't work automatically]

- DSDT HDEF + patch AppleHDA.kext + IOAudioFamily.kext [for perfect sound even when waking from sleep]

- DSDT _BIF for native battery + AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext

- DSDT ACPI for keyboard ilumination and display brightness level

- DSDT sleep - I had some kind of sleep working with only clean DSDT [when sending to sleep takes a long time but waking is fast: hibernatemode=0 for sleep to ram, however]

the only kernel argument I used and works great is -v for checking everything, but you don't need to ! [for sure do not use others! like npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000! or it will lockup]

As I sold my g75vw, the only thing I can provide is ideas, no testing. [bought the Dell XPS Developer Edition :D great tool for dev]

• Like 1