Installing Mountain lion on Asus G75VW

slayer2333

64 posts in this topic

I didn't make the 'next step' described in the previous post [although I cleaned the DSDT but I haven't moded further to working sound and battery - I could clean it again and provide you as .dsl to further work - there's someone who does the battery _BIF fix and instructions to native sound are already available, just need to read]

- use DSDT Patcher to extract the DSDT.dsl [not the compiled .aml] and post a html report using CPU-Z -last tab in the program], I will clean the DSDT for you [i sold my g75vw and don't seem to find my DSDT]

Read my previous post as I explained you don't need DSDT for first steps http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285143-installing-mountain-lion-on-asus-g75vw/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1949206

I didn't make the 'next step' described in the previous post [although I cleaned the DSDT but I haven't moded further to working sound and battery - I could clean it again and provide you as .dsl to further work - there's someone who does the battery _BIF fix and instructions to native sound are already available, just need to read]

- use DSDT Patcher to extract the DSDT.dsl [not the compiled .aml] and post a html report using CPU-Z -last tab in the program], I will clean the DSDT for you [i sold my g75vw and don't seem to find my DSDT]

Read my previous post as I explained you don't need DSDT for first steps http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285143-installing-mountain-lion-on-asus-g75vw/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1949206

Hey Vlad. I have a G46VW. I think Mac OS X has never been installed on this laptop b4 and so I am having trouble getting things working. I have things working like sound and the onboard Intel HD4000. But other things do not work like my GTX 660M  or Keyboard backlights or HDMI. If I sent you my DSDT would you be able to make the proper edit? Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey Vlad. I have a G46VW. I think Mac OS X has never been installed on this laptop b4 and so I am having trouble getting things working. I have things working like sound and the onboard Intel HD4000. But other things do not work like my GTX 660M  or Keyboard backlights or HDMI. If I sent you my DSDT would you be able to make the proper edit? Thanks!

Three things... 

1.  Yes os x has been installed on this laptop.  Been running it since Feb.  HMDI works fine for graphics.  I think a dsdt edit for sound. 

2.  HD4000 is DISABLED for this machine.  Can you please enlighten me as to how you enabled it?  I think the ASUS engineers might be interested in this as well.

3.  I posted a very simply edited DSDT on page 2.

Three things...

1. Yes os x has been installed on this laptop. Been running it since Feb. HMDI works fine for graphics. I think a dsdt edit for sound.

2. HD4000 is DISABLED for this machine. Can you please enlighten me as to how you enabled it? I think the ASUS engineers might be interested in this as well.

3. I posted a very simply edited DSDT on page 2.

I think you are a little confused. As I said above I have a G46 NOT a G75. I know os x has never been installed on the G46 b4 and there is no dsdt for the G46. Also the G46 has optimus and the G75 does not. The dsdt you mentioned will not work on the G46. I am in no hurry for a dsdt ATM as my mobo died last week. I will be RMAimg it to Asus tomorrow.

You're right.  I am confused.  I thought this topic was "Installing Mountain Lion on Asus G75VW"  I apologize.

I didn't ask for sarcasm. If you can't help then don't respond. Where else am I supposed to post my question? There isn't a thread for this laptop. Its very similar to the G75 but some things are different. If you can't help then don't post

I didn't ask for sarcasm. If you can't help then don't respond. Where else am I supposed to post my question? There isn't a thread for this laptop. Its very similar to the G75 but some things are different. If you can't help then don't postN

Have you ever heard of starting a new thread? Novel idea I know.  Hope this helps!

@sandman007

indeed, you are in asus g75vw laptop thread, it would be more helpful for you to open a dedicated  thread for your asus g46vw laptop    ;)

good luck

cordially

I have tried this. I got no respones in a week. Thats why I posted here, I figured I have better luck posting here vs a thread that gets no responses and gets buried in the forum. 

• 1 month later...

I have tried this. I got no respones in a week. Thats why I posted here, I figured I have better luck posting here vs a thread that gets no responses and gets buried in the forumYou go

You got no responses because not many people have the G46vw and a tiny number of that small number of indivduals want to put osx on it. The G46vw is very similar to the G75vw. 

Graphics: no accel with 660m

Audio: Realtek: patched AppleHDA Via: VoodooHDA

Ethernet: ALXEthernet

Wifi: Intel: won't work Broadcom or atheros: depends on card

Bluetooth: depends on card

Elan Touchpad: Maybe Voodoo Ps/2, or try this: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

• 2 years later...

I have a g75vw i7-3610qm, bios v.223 with 10.11.3 on it with clover 2.3k build 3333 in uefi. I have 32gb ddr3 12800mhz ram and changed the wifi card to a bcm93425hmb with bt 4.0 (works with kext) voodohda works for sound, battery with dsdt edit and kext, havent tried hdmi or hdmi audio out. Intel speed step only 2 states x12 and x28?

still missing sleep,

function keys for keyboard backlight (it is backlit but cannot change brightness levels) and screen backlight (tried the dsdt edit with the kext (kext works for all other functions)),

usb ports on the left side of the laptop,

no screen brightness slider in system preferences.

any help on any other stuff that doesnt work would be great. cant find much on this laptop for osx 10.11.

What dsdt edit did you do to get the battery working?   Also I have the same BT, so which kext did you use there?  (my bt 'works' but never pairs).  I'm running 10.11, btw.

For your speedstep issue, I think you need to edit AGPM to enable the power states.  I'm also running a modified BIOS so I'm not sure, maybe I also changed settings there to get it.

Pretty much mine is working sans the trackpad (never use it) and battery,  

• 2 months later...

I have a g75vw i7-3610qm, bios v.223 with 10.11.3 and Intel speed step only 2 states x12 and x28?

Hi, I have one g75vw with i7 3610QM with bios 223 and UEFI bios with clover in EFI. Did you create your ssdt.aml with the pikescript? 

I have x12 and x23.