Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

• EFI/CLOVER/OEM/H97-HD3/kexts/UEFI/Other - PASSED on H97-HD3 - NOT SURE about this one since I have no clue on what Clover choose to use to boot

So I guess it's OK for EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/kexts/Other folder :thumbsup_anim:

I don't the UEFI folder is used for anything or checked at all, need to double check this.

I added the variable below to my CloverGrowerPro.conf file and CGP worked as expected... i built 3281 wo issues after doing this. before nothing built and zeros in the package etc.

on 10.11.1b Xcode 7.0.1

i removed edk2 to check and built from 3281 from scratch.

i guess something needs the path to edk2/Conf now?!

CONF_PATH=/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Conf

Hi Slice 

Strange probleme here I compile 3281 but

I have error CONF_PATH unbon variable

see here

The package is create good 

I install on El Capitan and Yosemite

But in the boot screen its 3280 :blush:

See clover panel is 3281

What is the probleme

Please help  :)

Install Clover in the ESP?

Helloo to all.

I wiped the whole HDD, formats it into a GUID partition, create three partitions, installed on the first os x Yosemite, then on second Windows 10, and everything is working great now. : D

Now I have only one problem and that is to boot.log, graphics now see as the evergreen family, but is Cape Verde LE. Last time saw Oland family and Slice arranged it because it was a problem in Clover.

Look your boot.log and suppose what to hide.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-10-13 at 21.39.05.png

I did some investigation and found that in my case its a bit more complex. I think I found a bug.

When scan legacy is enabled, clover adds an entry for its own "boot" file on the EFI partition. "boot clover from EFI"

Disabled legacy and the clover entry is gone.

No I install alway Only UEFI

If you haven't had this issue before, and you always installed Clover this way (no "Install Clover in the ESP"), then I don't know.

I don't know why would you want to use "UEFI only" anyway... This is confusing to me. Anyway, did you try to check "install Clover in the ESP"? Did that make a difference?

If you haven't had this issue before, and you always installed Clover this way (no "Install Clover in the ESP"), then I don't know.

I don't know why would you want to use "UEFI only" anyway... This is confusing to me. Anyway, did you try to check "install Clover in the ESP"? Did that make a difference?

UEFI Only is Clover ESP  with No Boot file in usr/Stadalone/i386 

Only BOOT

in EFI 

The problem is the Package create with error

CONF_PATH "unbound" variable 

I have the good edk2

Your problem is not edk2 related, Chris. :))

At least the "not updated version" is not related to edk2.

And why don't you use manual compiling? CGP has had issue in the past... Also it's a lot easier to use a specific edk2 revision with manual compiling than it is with CGP. And the result is the same!

And why don't you use manual compiling? CGP has had issue in the past... Also it's a lot easier to use a specific edk2 revision with manual compiling than it is with CGP. And the result is the same!

The result is better!

I did some investigation and found that in my case its a bit more complex. I think I found a bug.

When scan legacy is enabled, clover adds an entry for its own "boot" file on the EFI partition. "boot clover from EFI"

Disabled legacy and the clover entry is gone.

Tis impossible. All of us using legacy Clover has "boot" file and nobody has the issue.

But I think the entry is related to "/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI"... or not...

Show, please, your boot.log with all entries found by Clover.

I see your good resultat manually a few days a go ::))

I see your good resultat manually a few days a go

It was ok, after specifying that edk2 revision to use. If you agree, then why not use the manual compiling method from now on? What is the reason why you use CGP? I'm just curious. :)

It was ok, after specifying that edk2 revision to use. If you agree, then why not use the manual compiling method from now on? What is the reason why you use CGP? I'm just curious. :)

Nothing Special

Last revisipn no probleme at all and now

Not working thats not the first Time

Nothing Special

Last revisipn no probleme at all and now

Not working thats not the first Time

Yeah... Well I quit using CGP after last time we had issues with it due to changes in Xcode (it was in Beta back then). I just switched to manual, made a script, and that's all.

By the way, it will probably not be the last time either. :)) So I think you might want to look for a more permanent fix? :P Just saying. Between the two, I've got less issues with the manual compiling method, and also, a LOT more control.

Although I was using CGP at the beginning, I think switching to manual was actually a good idea. And I do recommend it.

The result is better!

Result is the same when its work'

3280 compiling good and now you are commit some change and thats not working now

How do I Fix this this is my simple question

Result is the same when its work'

3280 compiling good and now you are commit some change and thats not working now

How do I Fix this this is my simple question

I'm afraid the recent changes in Clover have nothing to do with your problem. Otherwise I should have had it too. But I didn't.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

I'm afraid the recent changes in Clover have nothing to do with your problem. Otherwise I should have had it too. But I didn't.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

You Telling Me do manually and now you said thats not relate you and me have differante compilling' I am using ClovergrowerPro

And before the change thats working good for me

You know what I said that 3280 compiling good no issue

Édit

My l'ast Question is for Slice