<dict>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<true/>
			<key>HighCurrent</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>

I tried all the USB ports, the keyboard was just an example. 2.0 and 3.0 all say the same 500 mA. I've seen screens from people using the generic driver and getting around 2A.

By the way I'm talking about current, not voltage. Voltage on USB ports should be always constant 5 volts.

From what I remember the USB ports on the apple extended keyboard are under powered even on real macs. They weren't powerful enough to run certain USB drives and charge iPads. Designed for mice. Plug directly into USB port on the motherboard and see if your getting the correct voltage from there..

Config.plist/DSDT/Fixes have you got this line? I FixUSB_1000 = true for for USB charging.... if i set it to false I loose charging

<key>Fixes</key>

<dict>
----------
<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
<true/>
<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
<true/>
</dict>

I just tried that, but for me there were no difference. iPhone charges with or without this in config. iPad is what I'm after.

A screenshot from the genericUSBHCI topic which shows what I'm after. Pay attention to the last raw where it says extra current 1600 mA.

post-241966-0-80728100-1370164693.png

I can't see your ioreg nor DSDT cause I'm on my iPad right now, but I can see you have enabled the DSDT USB fix but not the DTGP one, and the first won't work without the second. Try enabling the AddDTGP_0001 fix and check the current again.

Ignore this if you already have the method in your custom DSDT, I'll take a better look at the dumps on monday in my hack.

Don't remove the DSDT, the fixes can be applied on top of the custom one as long as there's no DSM method in your USB devices. If you do have them you can delete them so they don't overlap. Alternatively you can enable the corresponding DSM drop table or add the current fix to the existing DSDT.

I will try on top no problem as I didn't do it in DSDT, but it didn't when I tried before. What do you have in USB section if you plug something more power hungry?

Does anyone at all have the extra current without using genericUSBHCI kext? The thing is that I'm not even sure that it's possible because I have seen it anywhere besides the above mentioned topic. Would be nice if I have confirmation that it's possible.

As I told you before, the USB DSDT fix requires the DTGP method, it won't work otherwise.

I charge my iPad with my hack all the time, without the extenal kext. I don't remember the exact current amount but it works just fine. I'll show you the USB system profile section later, when I'm back in my hack.

Samsung XP-941 UEFI boot update: SUCCESS!

Having identified that this was probably something that I'd have to wait for the board manufacturer to implement, and inspired by PIKEs blog post, I downloaded the AsRock Z97 Extreme 6 BIOS file and using AMI APITO UEFI MMTool 4.5.0.23 I extracted the Samsung DXE Driver from this BIOS to a file. I then used UEFI BIOS Updater to update all the AHCI drivers on the latest beta BIOS version (F5d) for my Gigabyte Z87X-UD5-TH, and then inserted the Samsung DXE Driver line into the newly created BIOS file using MMTool. 

After flashing BIOS using this new BIOS I immediately saw UEFI: Samsung as a boot option in the BIOS. Clover now boots the EFI partition on the XP-941 and I'm very happy! Thanks to Slice and everyone else for your help, and hopefully this information will help others.

Please note: modifying your BIOS can be very dangerous, in the worst case you may not be able to use the computer anymore until you will get a new and working BIOS chip from the manufacturer of your mainboard. I suggest you read the following on Fernandos WIN-RAID forum http://www.win-raid.com/t8f16-BIOS-Modding-Introduction-and-Preparations.html and http://www.win-raid.com/t154f16-Tool-quot-UEFI-BIOS-Updater-quot-UBU.html before attempting the above.

• Like 1

After updating to the latest public beta of Yosemite I've run into a bit of a problem in that my iMessage has decided to break. When I try to sign in I get this message: 

"Your Apple ID "X" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time. If this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below. Customer Code: Y" and then a button to contact support. Clicking that takes me to an "iMessage Registration" page on Apple's site with the message "Apple needs more information to complete your iMessage registration. Please call AppleCare in your country (listed below) and provide them with the following validation code:" 

However, there is no validation code provided. Any ideas as to what's going on here, and how to fix this?  :) 

I got that same message, except it did provide me with a validation code. Believe it or not - I called Apple, gave them the number, and they fixed it. Just don't mention Yosemite, they will pretty much refuse to help you if you do, claiming they "can't touch beta issues".

I got that same message, except it did provide me with a validation code. Believe it or not - I called Apple, gave them the number, and they fixed it. Just don't mention Yosemite, they will pretty much refuse to help you if you do, claiming they "can't touch beta issues".

Oh, it seems to have been an Adblock issue - the code is displayed now. It seems a little bit crazy to call Apple for help with a Hackintosh issue, but I'll give it a go. Thanks! 

Just ask for iMessage support, and when they can't validate your serial number, tell them you bought it on Craigslist lol

Soon as I gave iMessage support the code, she just fixed something and it worked again. Viola. Lol

Well, I called them, and they did sort it out, but that was not fun. I didn't want to give up my S/N because it has HACK right in the middle of it, and ultimately I did end up telling the rep I was running Yosemite. This made him think that the situation with my S/N was just a bug, so I went with that. From there he was able to activate my iMessage. Thanks for the advice! 

• Like 1

Hello now having a weird graphics issue when I log out or in safe mode appears as follows on HDMI, DP/Thunderbolt and DVI ports. I've compiled new DSDT to try and rectify. I thought it was a frame buffer issue, but chess and screensaver work fine and the apple menu bar is translucent. Graphics only corrupt when I logout. Can anyone can explain why this is doing this? 

FIXED: Change Operating System to Other OS or Windows 8 and Use CSM

As I told you before, the USB DSDT fix requires the DTGP method, it won't work otherwise.

I charge my iPad with my hack all the time, without the extenal kext. I don't remember the exact current amount but it works just fine. I'll show you the USB system profile section later, when I'm back in my hack.

Interestingly my board won't charge iPads in OSX either. I have USB edits in DSDT (Attached). It charges an iPad in Windows 8.1 as long as On/Off charge is installed without it, it won't. As you can see IOREG (attached) is showing the DSDT USB edits and 2700mA should be available. I've tried all manner of Clover USB related injects but they don't make any difference. 

ioregdsdtconfig.zip

Did you try this without DSDT

<key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AddClockID</key>
            <true/>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>HighCurrent</key>
            <true/>

<key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

Samsung XP-941 UEFI boot update: SUCCESS!

Having identified that this was probably something that I'd have to wait for the board manufacturer to implement, and inspired by PIKEs blog post, I downloaded the AsRock Z97 Extreme 6 BIOS file and using AMI APITO UEFI MMTool 4.5.0.23 I extracted the Samsung DXE Driver from this BIOS to a file. I then used UEFI BIOS Updater to update all the AHCI drivers on the latest beta BIOS version (F5d) for my Gigabyte Z87X-UD5-TH, and then inserted the Samsung DXE Driver line into the newly created BIOS file using MMTool. 

After flashing BIOS using this new BIOS I immediately saw UEFI: Samsung as a boot option in the BIOS. Clover now boots the EFI partition on the XP-941 and I'm very happy! Thanks to Slice and everyone else for your help, and hopefully this information will help others.

Please note: modifying your BIOS can be very dangerous, in the worst case you may not be able to use the computer anymore until you will get a new and working BIOS chip from the manufacturer of your mainboard. I suggest you read the following on Fernandos WIN-RAID forum http://www.win-raid.com/t8f16-BIOS-Modding-Introduction-and-Preparations.html and http://www.win-raid.com/t154f16-Tool-quot-UEFI-BIOS-Updater-quot-UBU.html before attempting the above.

Brave men, you should work for Gigabyte!!! It sounds promising, but I don't think I will try this. I am getting a DeLock PCIe 4X adapter instead:

http://www.delock.de/produkt/89370/pdf.html?sprache=en

UPDATE:

I did this and my XP-941 boots as AHCI without problems and it works as boot drive with MacOS. With the DeLock PCIe 4X I get 1000MB/s reads and 800MB/s writes.

Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

Brave men, you should work for Gigabyte!!! It sounds promising, but I don't think I will try this. I am getting a DeLock PCIe 4X adapter instead:

http://www.delock.de/produkt/89370/pdf.html?sprache=en

Thank you for sharing!

You'll have the same issues I did, this one IS the Lycom. Both made in Taiwan, same layout and markings.. Only the Lexmark is likely to work as it has a legacy boot option, but I wasn't impressed with its performance stats. XP941 gives  you 1167 MB/s Read and 782 MB/s Write

I have a question about USB section in Clover.

2419eo5.png

Currently I have this settings, but I want to enable High current so I can charge iPhone, iPad and plug in USB devices in my USB apple keyboard.

Do I have to do something besides that tick above?

I tried the genericUSBHCI 1.2.7 driver as well, but it's the same (500 mA).

23r244k.png

My problems seemed solved through DSDT injection. I will attach it if anyone want to see how i did it.

Now iPad charges.

Screen_Shot_2014_09_18_at_23_13_50.png

DSDT.zip