Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

Now no kernel patch is applied at all... lol.

EDIT: Neither does it say it's an unknown kernel, nor that there was any patch applied... wth lol. Is there a big fat flaw in AsciiOSVersionToUint64() or is os_version incorrect? The only path I find where it would output the 'pausing' text without printing anything before are (S)L and Sierra. Might they not have updated the version whereever os_version is from?

Still doesn't work here.

Really weird then... Hmm, well, I'm actually not familiar with these procedures, I wish someone may help me check the source code:

inject_patcher.zip

And then, last try... (This pkg version)

test_Clover_v2.4k_r4079.zip

Now no kernel patch is applied at all... lol.

EDIT: Neither does it say it's an unknown kernel, nor that there was any patch applied... wth lol. Is there a big fat flaw in AsciiOSVersionToUint64() or is os_version incorrect? The only path I find where it would output the 'pausing' text without printing anything before are (S)L and Sierra. Might they not have updated the version whereever os_version is from?

So I guess the code is fine, but something goes wrong in these funcs/vars?

• Like 6

Idk, I don't know or care about Clover personally, but a few buds use it, so it should be working. ;)

Can you make a build that prints os_version and the output of the single ToUint64 calls?

@PmHeart

For unsupported cpu, are kernel location for various reboot fix located in the same place?

TY

Oops, I don't know and I don't have much time on this... Maybe tomorrow? I really appreciate for your understand.

Idk, I don't know or care for Clover personally, but a few buds use it, so it should be working. ;)

Can you make a build that prints os_version and the output of the single ToUint64 calls?

Not very familiar with Clover code... I guess you mean something like this?

DBG_RT(Entry, "os_version: %s", os_version);

By the way, time to sleep now, and I hope everything will work fine tomorrow ;)

if anyone has intel kabylake graphics,

here is dvmt patch

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

4C 89 5D C0 76 46

4C 89 5D C0 EB 46

detail information,

https://github.com/BarbaraPalvin/IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup/commit/52ccd2220532ee47ad44df980732a1b467f984cf#diff-34456cca29782c5994988c21d8a5ef26R265

also updated kabylake dvmt patches.

usage

lilu 1.1.4 + dvmtfixup 1.1.6 + boot flag "-igdvmtbeta", "-lilubeta"

i will update kabylake gma source.

thank you

• Like 2

Really weird then... Hmm, well, I'm actually not familiar with these procedures, I wish someone may help me check the source code:

attachicon.gifinject_patcher.zip

attachicon.giftest_Clover_v2.4k_r4079.zip

This version worked for me. Sierra & High Sierra are OK :thumbsup_anim:

attachicon.gifinject_patcher.zip

attachicon.giftest_Clover_v2.4k_r4079.zip

Neither of these are working for me with 10.13 (they do for 10.11 and 10.12).

I built a custom Clover with these kext inject files and edits for FirmwareFeaturesMask but with no working injection I can't get anywhere.

-lilubeta. Not -liludbg :)

Works :D !

-alcbeta

-lilubeta

From EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext (1758) org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
AppleALC.kext (1.1.1) as.vit9696.AppleALC EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext
VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext (1111) org.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
FakeSMC.kext (1758) org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
tufsfs.kext (2015.11.5) com.tuxera.filesystems.tufsfs.fusefs_txantfs /Library/Filesystems/fusefs_txantfs.fs//Contents/Resources/Support/10.9/tufs/tufsfs.kext
Lilu.kext (1.1.1) as.vit9696.Lilu EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext (2.2.1) com.insanelymac.RealtekRTL8111 EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\RealtekRTL8111.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext (1.0.0d1) com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext (1758) org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext (1758) org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

• Like 1

When you're build a new Clover can you also build one with FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask set to 0xFFFFFFFF? The installer is tripping up because the "firmware" isn't reporting that it supports APFS. The hope is that setting it to FFFFFFFF might pass the check.

c u

Oops, I think now my brain is a total mess! There was an variable error in the previous version, I hope this one should work:

attachicon.gifnew_src.zip

Binaries:

attachicon.gifClover_4079_injectkext_kern_patch_test.zip

That should override Num, instead of NumHighSie...

Variable Num is unused here.

I accepted your patch... almost....

CLOVERX64.efi-rev4080.zip

• Like 2

There's more work needed for the kext inject patch to detect 10.13. So far the only patched Clover builds that work are hard-coded for 10.13 only.

This one also doesn't work (makes no attempt to patch the kernel).

Yes

OSVersion code is not working properly in high sierra.

I try to fix clearly with debug.

I changed setting code and main code about osversion. Still no luck

It seems strange behavior.

4080 still works only 10.12 and under.

Kext injection of 10.13 is not working

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

Yes

OSVersion code is not working properly in high sierra.

I try to fix clearly with debug.

I changed setting code and main code about osversion. Still no luck

It seems strange behavior.

4080 still works only 10.12 and under.

Kext injection of 10.13 is not working

Is it ok to use NumHighSie for this code?

kext_inject.c

else if ((os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.13")) && (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.14"))) {
    NumHighSie = SearchAndReplace(Kernel, KERNEL_MAX_SIZE, KBEYosECSieHighSearchEXT, sizeof(KBEYosECSieHighSearchEXT), KBEYosECSieHighReplaceEXT, 1) +
                 SearchAndReplace(Kernel, KERNEL_MAX_SIZE, KBEHighSieSearchSIP, sizeof(KBEHighSieSearchSIP), KBEHighSieReplaceSIP, 1);
    DBG_RT(Entry, "==> kernel High Sierra (DP1): %d replaces done.\n", Num);
  }

NumHighSie should be Num here, right?

hello

all fixed injection

enjoy :)

i will arrange source and clear and upload source

let's install gogo

Is it ok to use NumHighSie for this code?
kext_inject.c

else if ((os_version >= AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.13")) && (os_version < AsciiOSVersionToUint64("10.14"))) {
    NumHighSie = SearchAndReplace(Kernel, KERNEL_MAX_SIZE, KBEYosECSieHighSearchEXT, sizeof(KBEYosECSieHighSearchEXT), KBEYosECSieHighReplaceEXT, 1) +
                 SearchAndReplace(Kernel, KERNEL_MAX_SIZE, KBEHighSieSearchSIP, sizeof(KBEHighSieSearchSIP), KBEHighSieReplaceSIP, 1);
    DBG_RT(Entry, "==> kernel High Sierra (DP1): %d replaces done.\n", Num);
  }
NumHighSie should be Num here, right?
Fixed try my attached file

Sherlocks-injectionfix.zip

• Like 1

I'm in the middle of installing 10.13 so I'll check when it's finished. DId you make any changes to Clover detecting 10.13? There's also a fix needed for FirmwareFeaturesMask. See here.

I added an entry for fixing the boot glitch for my HD4000 and set MatchOS to 10.13.x. Looking at the debug output it gets marked as disabled (along with the 10.11 patch) while it looks like it tries to apply the 10.12 patch instead.

• Like 1

I'm in the middle of installing 10.13 so I'll check when it's finished. DId you make any changes to Clover detecting 10.13? There's also a fix needed for FirmwareFeaturesMask. See here.

I added an entry for fixing the boot glitch for my HD4000 and set MatchOS to 10.13.x. Looking at the debug output it gets marked as disabled (along with the 10.11 patch) while it looks like it tries to apply the 10.12 patch instead.

No problem. Wait.

I will added all 10.13 information.:)

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

Hi guys,

Any idea why is this happening with macOS 10.13?

attachicon.gifIMG_0454.JPG

Needless to say that OSInstall.mpkg file is there and...well, it shouldn't be damaged in any way.

Same here. I thought maybe it got damaged somehow, so I remade the USB. Same problem. So I re downloaded the beta app:

Optiplex-van-Rico:~ rico$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app/ --nointeraction
/Applications/Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app/ does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

:wallbash: