Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, could you please to show some logs of debug? (Set KextAndKernelPatches -> Debug = true)

Verified both of your patches against TheRacerMaster's kernel, they are fine... either they added some other security ****, or the issue is not kext injection. They also might have accidentially broken it as the code is not used in any non-OSx86 scenario.

EDIT: Was just told by a guy that he sees FakeSMC init messages, though boot still doesn't succeed. No message about DSMOS.

EDIT2: Am I wrong guessing there is no supported Mac with a PMIO SMC? ;)

EDIT3: AppleSMC.kext still has and calls PMIO functions... phew, no clue now.

EDIT4: So yeah... might the issue just be the revert to the 'old way', i.e. that and old patch is applied to the new kernel?

Unfortunately, could you please to show some logs of debug? (Set KextAndKernelPatches -> Debug = true)

IIRC there won't be a log file written with this, so here's some screengrabs from Debug = True

I booted into El Capitan and Sierra with 4077 and Debug = True enabled and both show 2 kernel patches being applied to enable kext injection whereas here there's only 1.

post-267996-0-18492800-1496706517_thumb.jpg

post-267996-0-34963300-1496706524_thumb.jpg

post-267996-0-59818800-1496706625_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

There might be more work needed. Using a patched Clover by denskop over at applelife I'm able to boot the installer with kexts injected. But after second stage setup begins it quits out with an error about being unable to verify the firmware.

I modified my SMBIOS to match the version of the firmware file the install dumped into my EFI partition but that didn't satisfy it.

Also installing to APFS was a no-go. There were many filesystem related errors.

There might be more work needed. Using a patched Clover by denskop over at applelife I'm able to boot the installer with kexts injected. But after second stage setup begins it quits out with an error about being unable to verify the firmware.

I modified my SMBIOS to match the version of the firmware file the install dumped into my EFI partition but that didn't satisfy it.

Also installing to APFS was a no-go. There were many filesystem related errors.

link this clover

That Clover only boots 10.13 so if you use it you'll need to roll back to be able to boot back into Sierra or earlier.

Update: I checked out the temp folder on the 10.13 drive. Here's the end of the ia.log file where the install fails. It looks like it's checking the firmware for APFS support and failing because it can't find it.

Jun  6 01:59:47 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[576]: Registering the connection
Jun  6 01:59:47 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[576]: client 0x7f87b9867f20: phaseName = OS Installer 2
Jun  6 01:59:47 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[576]: ROM Features returned: 3221353783
Jun  6 01:59:47 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[576]: ROM does not support APFS
Jun  6 01:59:47 MacBook-Pro storagekitd[577]: Bless of /System/Library/CoreServices failed with status 2
Jun  6 01:59:47 MacBook-Pro OSInstaller[576]: OSIInstallElement <OSIVerifyROMElement: 0x7f87b98b7200> errored out:Error Domain=com.apple.osinstall Code=512 "An error occurred while verifying firmware." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while verifying firmware.}

Hello,

kext_inject.c has been updated to support the latest macOS High Sierra, please test and feedback. (Will upload pre-compiled Clover binaries later)

attachicon.gif1013_old_way_kext_inject.c.zip

[uPDATE 1]

kext_patch.c now also supports 10.13!

attachicon.gif1013_kernel_patcher.c.zip

[uPDATE 2]

Added pre-compiled binaries of Clover.

attachicon.gifclover_r4079_patch_1013_test.zip

Also, don't forget to add APFS driver! If you don't have one, you may download it from here. :)

Hello

macOS High Sierra  hangs at AppleACPICPU:  kextd stall [0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

No injection?

• Like 1

Hello

macOS High Sierra  hangs at AppleACPICPU:  kextd stall [0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

No injection?

Yes... I've done something utterly stupid. Sec, let me check it.

[EDIT]: The code seems fine... Weird.

Yes... I've done something utterly stupid. Sec, let me check it.

When you're build a new Clover can you also build one with FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask set to 0xFFFFFFFF? The installer is tripping up because the "firmware" isn't reporting that it supports APFS. The hope is that setting it to FFFFFFFF might pass the check.

Verified both of your patches against TheRacerMaster's kernel, they are fine... either they added some other security ****, or the issue is not kext injection. They also might have accidentially broken it as the code is not used in any non-OSx86 scenario.

EDIT: Was just told by a guy that he sees FakeSMC init messages, though boot still doesn't succeed. No message about DSMOS.

EDIT2: Am I wrong guessing there is no supported Mac with a PMIO SMC? ;)

EDIT3: AppleSMC.kext still has and calls PMIO functions... phew, no clue now.

EDIT4: So yeah... might the issue just be the revert to the 'old way', i.e. that and old patch is applied to the new kernel?

Oops, if the patches are fine, then why it's failed?

BTW, according to this one, it seems that my patches worked?

When you're build a new Clover can you also build one with FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask set to 0xFFFFFFFF? The installer is tripping up because the "firmware" isn't reporting that it supports APFS. The hope is that setting it to FFFFFFFF might pass the check.

Sorry, it's unfortunate that I have no Clover compilation environment on this case...

binary check list 10.13

BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot  

-- same 10.12

Boot graphics glitch

010000EB22

Airport-Extreme 
-- same 10.12

airport  fvco
-- same 10.12

BCM94352-whitelist patch  
-- same 10.12
  • Like 5

Did you read EDIT4 or check the debug screenshots?

Yep, soon I realised that, and I'm compiling the new Clover...

[DEPRECATED]

Hi, will this work? (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2436336)

• Like 1

Success! macOS High Sierra working! Kexts in S/L/E but still, no Kext Injection. I think... I will check that later again, just to be completely sure! 

• Like 1