ErmaC
29,887 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Hi @Slice I dont think is the reson build faiiled for @Matgen84

See the build artefacts Build Clover Pack from This commit

image.png

EDIT **

I try changing the DEPLOYMENT_TARGET, it failled again 

Anyway CloverConfigPlistValidator is a great project but for my personal used, I not need this on my package it is exclude

EDIT 2***

I test your config.plist from CloverConfigPlistValidator_5151

It failled for verifications,  it not say Your plist looks so wonderful. Well done! :hysterical::lol:

image.png

@Slice Seriously I create a test branch then I think issue is comme from buildme -> buildCCPV because this script try to build CloverConfigPlistValidator then build failled.

I don't touch this script because I don't even use it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Slice said:

I think MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET should be set to 10.13 in Clover Validator Xcode project. I don't support this project.

Hi @Slice I think too. MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET should be set to 10.13 in Clover Validator Xcode project. I know you don't support this project. But this tools seems to be outdate now, specially with the new Clover commit about SMBIOS.

Like @chris1111 I exclude Clover Validator building.

• Like 1

Hi @Slice

I just read three times your explanation about Release 5152 Sonoma ready. Commit 2cb4b24a5d8b6e1b82ac81491a0788b8ec1c670b. I don't understand well, sorry.

In my case, I have only one macOS Version for each Hackintosh. So I'm interesting on backward compatibility. Just enough for me: I keep actual config.plist (Right)

-->            Backward compatibility If boot masOS whose name is not in the list then "SMBIOS" will be loaded. In the case above Sonoma has no specific entry so "SMBIOS" will be used.

Probably macOS 15 will be the last Intel version. 🥲 With a new SMBIOS_ !

20 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Ventura? With this CPU? With Clover? I am pretty sure you need OpenCore to apply the necessary kernel patches to do this.

Do you have the following kexts and patches implemented?: If not, you can stop right there.

• cryptexfixup.kext
  • AppleIntelPowerManagement kexts
  • ASPP-Override kext
  • RestrictEvents kext
  • SurPlus Kernel Patches implemented

Sorry for late response, yes they are all enabled, I since switched back to OC but instead of trying to install onto the laptop itself on Legacy Bios processor clarksdale 2nd generation i7, I decided to install the easier way, with a real MacBookPro6,2 OCLP with same GPU Nvidia GTX330m.  I just added additional kexts such as FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC. After the successfully install I moved the SSD over to the PC laptop.  I am verbose boot and it just stops never continues I am thinking maybe GPU not loading?  I don’t want to hijack this Clover thread what do you suggest start a new thread or can I post my config and a picture of boot getting stuck?   I have very good patched DSDT with Nvidia properties in the DSDT or do I still need to add those PCI device properties in OC?

Edited by oSxFr33k

9 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

I just read three times your explanation about Release 5152 Sonoma ready. Commit 2cb4b24a5d8b6e1b82ac81491a0788b8ec1c670b. I don't understand well, sorry.

In my case, I have only one macOS Version for each Hackintosh. So I'm interesting on backward compatibility. Just enough for me: I keep actual config.plist (Right)

-->            Backward compatibility If boot masOS whose name is not in the list then "SMBIOS" will be loaded. In the case above Sonoma has no specific entry so "SMBIOS" will be used.

Probably macOS 15 will be the last Intel version. 🥲 With a new SMBIOS_ !

Backwarsd compatibility means oldClover will work with new SMBIOS and new Clover will work with old SMBIOS just reading settings from the only dictionary "SMBIOS"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

@Slice Do you know what you are doing with CloverConfigPlistValidator ?

CloverConfigPlistValidator is for constant plist. It is the idea for OpenCore but not for Clover.

No sense to validate config.plist for Clover. Any is good. Clover may fill absent values by calculated values and it will ignore unknown keys.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Slice said:

CloverConfigPlistValidator is for constant plist. It is the idea for OpenCore but not for Clover.

No sense to validate config.plist for Clover. Any is good. Clover may fill absent values by calculated values and it will ignore unknown keys.

Hi really dont know wich files needs to be adjust but with the Revert rEFIt_UEFI  ⬅︎ from this tree here) the build work with out changing MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

maybe @Jief_Machak knows how to fix it?

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 20.00.38.png

image.png

• Like 1

The SMBIOS auto-switcher might be useful for comparing the performace of AMD GPUs under iMacPro1,1 MacPro7,1 vs an iMac SMBIOS. But besides that I don't see much benefit of it. Because for running older macOS versions on newer hardware (e.g. running High Sierra or Mojave on Comet Lake), a FakeCPUID is required as well, so you still need a 2nd config anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slice said:

CCPV assumes all dictionaries present while my new feature is keep as much SMBIOS_xxx dictionaries as you want.

I really like the new SMBIOS feature :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

The SMBIOS auto-switcher might be useful for comparing the performace of AMD GPUs under iMacPro1,1 MacPro7,1 vs an iMac SMBIOS. But besides that I don't see much benefit of it. Because for running older macOS versions on newer hardware (e.g. running High Sierra or Mojave on Comet Lake), a FakeCPUID is required as well, so you still need a 2nd config anyway.

You may set FakeCPUID even if it is not needed, for example in new OS.

May be FakeCPUID should also be macOS dependent? For example as a part of SMBIOS. Yes, DMI type 4 is for CPU.

Handle 0x001F, DMI type 4, 48 bytes
0000: 04 30 1f 00 01 03 c6 02 ea 06 09 00 ff fb eb bf 
0010: 03 89 64 00 80 0c 60 0c 41 01 1c 00 1d 00 1e 00 
0020: 04 05 06 06 06 0c fc 00 c6 00 06 00 06 00 0c 00 
0030: 

Processor Information
	Socket Designation: U3E1
	Type: Central Processor
	Family: Core i7
	Manufacturer: Intel(R) Corporation
	ID: EA 06 09 00 FF FB EB BF
	Signature: Type 0, Family 6, Model 158, Stepping 10
	Flags:
		FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)
		VME (Virtual mode extension)

11 hours ago, Slice said:

The issue is wrong. The patch mentioned there is already in Clover.

I can't do anything but accept what you say, but I just want to tell you that in the past I have worked to get your bootloader reused by the AMD community as some people missed it.

Now with this audio problem that probably plagues AM5 and all AMD CPUs with integrated gpu , it is no longer 'possible' to engage in this task..Too bad! -;)

• Like 1

@Slice thank you for listening

from here you can read all the study done  which helped to solve the problem in open core boot loader...and the idea was born reading in the clover boot loader code:

https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/ryzen-7000-testing-table-of-contents.3716/post-25217

problem is audio crackling if CPU has an internal IGPU  (it does not improve also disabling igpu from motherboard bios) 

with that patch (Opencore)problem is solved in opencore and AMD am5 users could use Opencore with a perfect working audio

if you need clover log or others additional informations feel free to ask

Edited by mariosun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mariosun said:

@Slice thank you for listening

from here you can read all the study done  which helped to solve the problem in open core boot loader...and the idea was born reading in the clover boot loader code:

https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/ryzen-7000-testing-table-of-contents.3716/post-25217

problem is audio crackling if CPU has an internal IGPU  (it does not improve also disabling igpu from motherboard bios) 

with that patch (Opencore)problem is solved in opencore and AMD am5 users could use Opencore with a perfect working audio

if you need clover log or others additional informations feel free to ask

Sorry for repeating but this patch is already in the current Clover->OpenCorePkg

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/OpenCorePkg/blob/212c98ec954b7842696d5d1752ecefc184dfa3e0/Library/OcAppleKernelLib/CpuidPatches.c#L1422

Reposting here from pre-release sonoma.

Already running clover 5152 and using an older theme.   Made icon/badge for sonoma but is only displayed when named os_mac.icns.  As I recall, when named os_sonoma.icns clover showed an icon/badge with a question mark and not the icon/badge I made.

How to make clover show my icon/badge for sonoma?   Does the icon/badge need a specific name or is there a version table somewhere in the theme.plist or elsewhere that needs to be updated/edited?

Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1