Boot Camp 1.1.1

John the Geek

12 posts in this topic

So my Mac Pro is arriving in a few hours, and I just downloaded the new 1.1.1 update of Boot Camp. Post your experiences here.

I'll let you know if they fixed the Mac Pro SATA issue with these drivers.

=)

Is it safe for hackintoshes to upgrade? I know it won't work or anything but hey, it doesn't hurt to try and I just like to have the latest software in my library.

Got my MacBook Pro two days ago and installed XP with Boot Camp yesterday.

So far, not inpressed. Here are some major problems that I have encountered:

a) No ExpressCard support, which means no wireless broadband access available for me. Unacceptable.

B) XP boot is very unstable. 50% of time it gets the blank screen after xp logo. I believe that is due to ATI driver issue. At one time, the cooling fan seemed went wild, generates high speed that you can hear it revs up. I had to hold the power button to shut it down.

Based on those encounters, I have removed XP for now, and like to hear some others experiences and hoping there will be a better boot camp and/or drivers in the near future.

I installed build 5728 on my mini earlier today using boot camp. the installation was smooth and quick. it installed the right audio drivers by itself, but the only thing that would install off of the boot camp driver disc was the keyboard support. after a little searching, i found the right graphics driver online and manually installed that. this build now runs great on my computer, quite a bit faster than rc1. it uses a lot less ram than the last build, so i guess m$ is getting closer to a final release.

Got my MacBook Pro two days ago and installed XP with Boot Camp yesterday.

So far, not inpressed. Here are some major problems that I have encountered:

a) No ExpressCard support, which means no wireless broadband access available for me. Unacceptable.

B) XP boot is very unstable. 50% of time it gets the blank screen after xp logo. I believe that is due to ATI driver issue. At one time, the cooling fan seemed went wild, generates high speed that you can hear it revs up. I had to hold the power button to shut it down.

Based on those encounters, I have removed XP for now, and like to hear some others experiences and hoping there will be a better boot camp and/or drivers in the near future.

i havent tested the expresscard slot in xp on my mbp, but i have an amazingly stable and fast xp partition. i dont know why yours is weird, because i have no problems at all.