iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

I saw a tutorial where it linked a DSDT to iATKOS. It didn't work anyway. Nothing appeared at all. Even iATKOS logo didn't appear. The computer saw it and I chose to boot from it, but just a black screen appeared.

EDIT: I prepared the USB through VMWare. I restored iATKOS to the USB. It doesn't boot. Do I need a bootloader?

EDIT: It looks like it's because it's not in GUID. I partitioned it that way and I'm re-restoring the dmg to the USB now.

The method of updating seems the same as if I'm installing Lion as a new copy. It's not as clicking "Software Update", as Google says. That's why I don't want to do so. I know that it won't be so different.

I used chameleon anyway, and I booted successfully. Still stopped at [ PCI Configuration End, bridges 7, devices 20 ]. FakeSMC doesn't appear though, nor the "not found DSDT.aml" thing. Nothing's edited by the way. I'll add the DSDT.aml file after I'm back (I'll have to go out) and see the result.

The method of updating seems the same as if I'm installing Lion as a new copy. It's not as clicking "Software Update", as Google says. That's why I don't want to do so. I know that it won't be so different.

True, but you will also have a working OS X installation, giving you more flexibility.

I used chameleon anyway, and I booted successfully. Still stopped at [ PCI Configuration End, bridges 7, devices 20 ]. FakeSMC doesn't appear though, nor the "not found DSDT.aml" thing. Nothing's edited by the way. I'll add the DSDT.aml file after I'm back (I'll have to go out) and see the result.

Make sure all the kexts are installed in /Extra/Extensions properly. You may need to reinstall them.

Since your using a usb stick now(at least I think you are) you can add fakesmc and nullcpowermanagement kexts manually to System/Library/Extensions on the USB installer and if there isn't one, add "/Extra" folder to the root and add your dsdt there. Also be sure org.chameleon.Boot.plist exists in /Extra folder, for PCI configuration Begin error you can try adding npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 to the boot.plist, or typed manualy at chameleon boot prompt, if your back to using dvd to install then just add it at boot prompt. I agree that installing SL first can make install easier for a couple reasons. You have working mac to boot into and fix stuff and can install lion to another partition, also SL tends to be easier to install and less picky about hardware, helps give you an idea of how to set up your hardware for lion

for SL your added kexts install to Extra/Extensions but for Lion install to System/Library/Extensions

Well, I'm installing hackintosh so I can complete learning the CS193p course of Stanford. It's for a company I want to work for. I don't have unlimited time, so I won't spare my money and time (my download speed is 56 KBs / Sec...) on Snow Leopard while I know that it's not worth it :| I don't have enough disk space too, And I already have a booting Lion copy.

And yea I know about where kexts are installed. But for the USB, I shall place them in /Extra/Extensions. Right?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask, how to install kext? :/ Just copy them to the directory?

EDIT: Figured out that kexts shall be placed in /S/L/E. FakeSMC is there.

EDIT: Holy {censored} o.o I found a file there called Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext o.o

Yes. /Extra/Extensions works fine.

If you use /E/E, you can just copy to the directory and boot with -f. If you use /S/L/E you have to copy them and then enter in the Terminal:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod 755 yourkext.kext

sudo chown root:wheel yourkext.kext

Yeah, Apple put a kext in there to prevent piracy (supposedly). I actually agree: don't steal Mac OS X. :) Get the real deal.

Well, I'm downloading it now. It's quite slow.. About 15~20 hours left .___.

Let's try figuring out how iAtkos works, though. That isn't so bad.

So, as I said, FakeSMC is still there :/

Yes. /Extra/Extensions works fine.

If you use /E/E, you can just copy to the directory and boot with -f. If you use /S/L/E you have to copy them and then enter in the Terminal:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 yourkext.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel yourkext.kext

Yeah, Apple put a kext in there to prevent piracy (supposedly). I actually agree: don't steal Mac OS X. :) Get the real deal.

On whatever state of progress you are now,about the first posts in the topic..As obviously every single error is somehow related to the PCI bus and the kexts are having trouble finding the provider/path,you should have tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.The third screener you gave is just a bdmesg,the bootloader log,if you want to monitor what really happens further,always boot with -v , it won't hurt anything

@rlf, As I said, they are already there...

On whatever state of progress you are now,about the first posts in the topic..As obviously every single error is somehow related to the PCI bus and the kexts are having trouble finding the provider/path,you should have tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.The third screener you gave is just a bdmesg,the bootloader log,if you want to monitor what really happens further,always boot with -v , it won't hurt anything

I always boot in -v. Those screens are actually from that -v thing. I'll try your suggestion and reply.

I don't believe the CS193p course requires SL vs Lion or even a Mac for that matter. here are directions to virtualize and run xcode in windows http://ipodtoucher55.blogspot.com/2010/12/installing-ios-sdk-and-xcode-on-windows.html

If your looking for a job in IOS development, i don't think paying for tools to help do it is a waste of money, at the very least a better internet connection would be a good investment. I don't know the job's specifics or your situation or location, so I understand if that's not possible for you and don't mean it in any negative way. I hope for your success in whatever endeavors life brings your way.

The point isn't about investment. I'm 15 years old, and my dad won't see it from my own view. Paypal isn't supported, I even thought about starting a new company and they said that I must be 21+. Stuff are awful here, making money isn't easy. And parents won't accept it...

I would install SL in the worst case. It's still something which is working. I'm downloading both Lion and SL anyway. Whatever is downloaded, I'll work with.

Thanks for your link. I've already made this and it works quite perfectly. The only problem is that it's quite slow and I need higher RAM. They advised me to install it as a dual-boot for that reason :)

Oh and I meant iAtkos actually with "working Lion copy".

Thanks for your wishes :)

here is thread dedicated to running lion on your same model dell. Read through it as I don't have the time to. Also the members there, having same hardware as you, will be more knowledgable about specific issues with your dell and better equipped to answer questions for you. http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/user/3534-dafob/page__tab__posts

For faster internet and more RAM, just tell your dad you need it for school :) 4gb RAM kit can be found on sale for around 30$, internet varies, I had at&t dsl for years and they said I had to upgrade (free) to faster uverse or my service would be cut off. Probably just so they could enforce their 250gb a month usage caps on me though as I'm the only one in the area I know of that had to do this. And there are no other options that don't have a similar cap

Yeah, dude, being 15 myself I can totally understand. :)

I think it might be a good idea to try retail Snow w/ ModCD. Basically if you can get your hardware working in Snow it'll work in Lion. :)

For faster internet and more RAM, just tell your dad you need it for school :)

Just if it was that easy... *sigh*..

I checked the research topic anyway. That looks promising. I'll check them after downloading retail. I guess distros are true to be a fail. Even on VMWare, retail is much more better..

Yeah, dude, being 15 myself I can totally understand. :)

I think it might be a good idea to try retail Snow w/ ModCD. Basically if you can get your hardware working in Snow it'll work in Lion. :)

As I said, I'll wait for it to download :/ But we won't lose anything if we tried making iAtkos work through that time.

I'll try the

You should have tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000

and check now.

EDIT: Didn't work .___.

well it it makes you feel better.....I had never tried iAtkos on any of my own systems and always have made my own installers with retail and USB drive or a small HD partition when I only had a 2gb thumb drive, I have used it on installs for other people and had success with it. So, since I have a disk image archive of every iAtkos, (along every retail and developer preview of OSX back to Tiger, and a bunch of Windows and Linux distros) just for the heck of it I tried iAtkos L1 and L2 out on my i7, both kp'd at appleACPIPlatform.kext which needs a rollback to SL to work. Granted I wasn't going to spend more than a couple minutes fiddling with it since I have working Lion and ML installs already, but I think having working SL then using that to make your own Lion installer is definatly the way to go. Plus you can boot back to SL after first installing Lion to add chameleon and any other fixes to your Lion install, repair permissions and rebuild caches before booting into it for the first time and if anything goes wrong SL to help repair it, just make small partitions if you don't have room, then once Lion is working 100% you can delete SL and expand your Lion partition to use it's disk space.

• Like 1

Man, that's 9.5 GB of downloading. With 50 KB / Sec, that means 55.5 hours of continuous downloading at a constant speed of 50 KB. Double that, because of my brother and so. I'm letting him play while I'm fighting through the final year exams week.. ,____.

I'm letting them download while trying to force it work, as I said before. Till Lion downloads, I'll try to make iAtkos work (which seems impossible). Then after downloading Lion, I'll try to make it work. If I couldn't, then I'll wait till SL is downloaded and see :/ What do you think about that?

http://technotalkblog.wordpress.com/asus-hackintosh/

If you are using OS X Lion (v 10.7) to restore your image file to your USB stick, then you will NOT be able to get this installation to run. When Lion was made, tweaks to Disk Utility (specifically the restoration process for restoring disk images to other places [such as your USB stick/SD card] created problems with hackintosh users all over the place. If you are attempting my guide (or most others for that matter), you need to use a computer with either OS X Leopard (v 10.5) or Snow Leopard (v 10.6). These both have safe versions of disk utility to restore the image file to your USB stick. Lion will NOT WORK.

That's a good reason why the USB didn't work. I guess I must wait for Snow Leopard to finish downloading..