Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,226 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I came here from a ban from a site I won't mention (due to the forum rules, but it is a hackintosh community). I was banned for using a vm, when i was using a vm under mac os on a real mac. Anyway i hope to learn how to get at least one pc running mac os, but i'm sorry to say that i'm not sure if i'm in for the long run. I'm trying to install Mac OS on a kinda old PC i have, just as a hobby project. Thanks for letting me into your community :)

• 4 weeks later...

HI!

I'm a creative professional with a tech background from years back. I was a fairly high-level phone technician for Gateway back before they gutted their phone support, then worked freelance for a little while before my creative work started taking back off. Somewhere in the creative space I made the switch to Macs, and as my current MBP is getting a bit long in the tooth, I'm here researching if building my own PC to install MacOS on is a viable option for me. I have built PCs before, though not in many years, and I'm interested in spending a decent amount of money for a system that will be usable fairly long-term.

• 2 weeks later...

howdy. egio here. I’ve been here for 12 years, and this is my first post. 

I have a love hate relationship with Apple. Their software has become way too creepy for my tastes, but their hardware can’t be touched. I love my 2013 MBA. I joined this community when I had a little MSI laptop. In those days, I’ll could just pop the CD in, and install with no problems. Today... not so much, lol. Glad to be here - see y’all around. 

Today’s project:

Spoiler

02B9C985-8277-46DE-81E9-084CF6191373.png.0f42251a5fa23d47a29131e0166ff03e.png

Even with a Mac, that was insanely difficult for me. I’m gonna go ahead and go MBR and dual boot to be a rebel. :-)

edit: I was overly vague re: my “project”. I jumped through the requisite hoops to install Catalina without being forced to convert my storage to APFS. Hurray!

Edited by egio
  • Like 1

Hello everyone.

My name's Emy, and i've been following this site, as a guest, for so many years.

I decided to finally join this site, as I used to be a long time Apple user, and I really miss the old good days of Apple, with Panther, Tiger and Leopard.

Those eras, for me, were full of productivity. And I really wish I could install either Leopard or Snow Leopard on my Windows laptop.

I used to own an old Macbook Pro 17" with Snow Leopard on it. Unfortunately it died on me, after many years of great service.

Now I wish I could install Snow Leopard on my Sony laptop. So that I could go back use Final Cut Studio and Aperture as well.

On 9/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, leo7854 said:

Hello everyone.

My name's Emy, and i've been following this site, as a guest, for so many years.

I decided to finally join this site, as I used to be a long time Apple user, and I really miss the old good days of Apple, with Panther, Tiger and Leopard.

Those eras, for me, were full of productivity. And I really wish I could install either Leopard or Snow Leopard on my Windows laptop.

I used to own an old Macbook Pro 17" with Snow Leopard on it. Unfortunately it died on me, after many years of great service.

Now I wish I could install Snow Leopard on my Sony laptop. So that I could go back use Final Cut Studio and Aperture as well.

Hello @leo7854, welcome to our Forum! I hope that you find all the answers for your questions :)

On 9/13/2020 at 2:44 AM, RyzenMax said:

Hi, just recently build Hackintosh BigSur with OpenCore emulating iMac17,1

Hardware:

- MB: MSI z170i Gaming Pro AC

- Proc: Intel i5-6600K

- VGA: Radeon RX 470 Reference Edition

Cheers

BigSur.png

Welcome @RyzenMax! That's a nice machine :w00t:

6 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm Daniel from Australia. I found this forum while researching to see if it possible to run a copy of the mac os in vmware and it looks like it possible.

Right now I am just testing to waters to see if it worth it in the long run.

Cheers

Hey @Danielx64, take a look at the VMs section ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys.  I'm DK and joined the forum to hopefully get some help with a sound problem I am having running Opencore with an old nVidia graphics card under High Sierra.  I'm running my Hack under Linux using KVM with GPU passthrough just to make like more... interesting.

Jeff Bellamy (retired) My last Hackintosh was in 2011. Trying a new one with Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi, I7 9700k. I was able to install Catalina but each time I try to straighten out USB or Graphics or make cleaner Config.plist or add my Windows disk things kind of crash and burn.

I have hopes for AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion but he says I need F12d BIOS and I have only been able to go up to F12d which is the highest that shows on the Gigabyte site. I tried using the F12d in Audio Gods post but it wouldn't work.

Been using a hack since 2017 and active elsewhere.

Looking forward to OpenCore, just re-educating and updating myself with the scene.

I've only glanced a few of the topics but already said to myself a few times, "ooh, glad I read that!" - bookmark...

I think my setup should have very few probs.  Wish me luck!