macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

I doubt it will work for laptops that have our chipset, it's different than what MBP's use (or so i've read), however it may give us proper USB3 support if we use the USBFamily kext from that same update with the normal 10.7.4 and Lacie kext.

Update to the USB3 kexts, they don't work... i think we need to hardcode via DSDT the chipset ID to one from the apple kexts. Unfortunately i have no idea of what that chipset ID is, so we need to wait for the ioreg dump or some proper information...

@Nick White, consider reading this to get your answer: #1616 The framework affects us too, but on the IntelHD part, not the Nvidia one.

Guest bob51

@Bob, i would really love to obtain the full ACPI table dump and IOReg dump from the new MBP with Nvidia!

How can I make this? You want juste the kexts present in the Extension folder?

Hi,

Im currently using a Dell XPS 17 l701x. This laptop has a HDMI output and display port output. In windows I use 2 monitors, 1 22inch monitor that i connect to display port and one 23inch monitor that i connect to the HDMI laptop lid closed. But when I plug a second external monitor in the first external monitor isn't recognized anymore so is the second external monitor. I want to disable the laptop screen so i can use the 23 inch and the 22inch monitor at the same time. Is this possible?

How can I make this? You want juste the kexts present in the Extension folder?

Well, for the IOReg dump, download this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16173714/IORegistryExplorer.zip open the app and go to File> Save as. Then attach the file here.

For the ACPI Tables, i think you can use this to dump them on a real mac: http://www.osx86.es/Archivos/DSDTSE.zip Open it and in the lower left part of the app window you should see "select" and 3 buttons beneath it. Click on "select" choose DSDT.aml and click "extract table" then save it ( File > save .dsl) do this for the rest of the SSDT.aml files you have in the "select" menu.

Guest bob51

Hi. I have make ioreg dump and the acpi table.

i am ok to share this file but i won't you have my serials.

How can I make this?

No personal or system specific data is stored in the ACPI tables or the IOReg dump. Anyway, your serial number is like dell's service tag... unless you know all the other account info it's useless, but don't worry it won't be included in anything :) if it will make you feel safe, you could pm me the archived files so it won't be at everyone's disposal.

Can someone please help me ?

I think I've made a huge mistake... I wanted to restart my OSX but shut it down with a hard reset... (dumb me)

Now, chameleon doesn't show the Lion partition any longer. From windows I can see that there is a huge problem going on...

On the Lion Hard drive there are about 10-20 folders called MSI360XX.tmp where XX can be replaced with letters and numbers also some are MSIa68XX.tmp and MSIa69XX.tmp...

I can open some folders, but as an example "System" can't be opened and says "System isn't accessible, the folder or repertory might be endamaged or unreadable"

Now, I think things are pretty messed up... Is there at least a way to just reinstall the system without loosing my personal data ? (I can't access "users" folder, same error)

Please help me :(

Message send ;)

When you have time, could you please send the SSDT tables as well? Most of the DSDT is split in those SSDT files.

Hey guys and mackyreddy! I did everything by the tutorial, but I get stuck when booting and loading kexts with AppleHDA. and then it resets and reboots pc.. I read your solution:

"AppleHDA freeze or stuck means that kernelcache has not generated properly and has permission problems, So go to win 7 delete kernelcache and then remove AppleHDA and Ioaudiofamily.kext from extensions folders. then restart and login to lion and then install AppleHDA & Ioaudiofamily.kext using kextutility.app. then again just re run kextutility app to fix any permissions. then reboot everything should be fine and u should get audio back.

hopefully this should solve ur problem"

When you say INSTALL IT USING KEXT UTILITY. Whan do you MEAN? How can yo install anything with kext utility? Its used only for repairing cashes. The way i installed kexts that you provided was with kext helper b7. and then i ran kext utility. but it wont boot.

other thing: did you missed the part where we should reinstall AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext when skipping straight to updating to 10.7.4, or is it not needed?

Also is it OK if i DID NOT select ANY RTC driver when installing Iatkos? (You said deselect all others)

its really ALOT confusion in this tutorial. I think You should remake it more clear.

Thanks for effort

UPDATE:

Ok i gusess when you say INSTALL USING KEXT UTILITY You mean open kext selecting Kext utility as software to open with. I did that, i installed both those kexts, restarted, it booted, but theres STILL NO SOUND, just some crackes coming up every couple seconds. ANy Ideas? PLease?

Oh and also i guess you dont need to reinstall that AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext when you update, couse my graphics are OK..

right before booting to lion i can see alot of lines starting:

mini9mute setting to 0...

maybe that got to do with something?

also how do i get rid of that bluetooth window witch comes up every time i boot looking for keyboard..?

And SLEEP does not work. It goes to sleep, but does not wake up properly.

@ Mamas

yes even i was thinking to make the tutorial simpler. smaller and easier, but i don't have time as of now. when i have i will definitely look into the issue.

regarding ur problem with sound, everything seems to fine as u said u have spotted minimute9 message in verbose mode. just open system preferences and then under sound change the output to internal speakers.

By the way generally kexts are installed by drag & drop on to the kextutility.app.

Sleep only works on i7 2630 QM processor laptop with A.12 bios.

I got it. The sound quality is awful though. Glitchy and a lot of artifacts that do not suppose to be there. Even when music is not playing i still hear clicks every few seconds. What do we do about that? There used to be a guy who started making those kexts for audio, i forgot his nickname. Maybe he would be able to fix it?

And what about that bluetooth window?

ALSO: arent there any way to make all that vanilla? I mean make those kexts work from Extra folder? And make online update work?

Hello everyone,

I have got 10.7.2 working on my L702x i7 2670QM, but when I updated to 10.7.4 and did all the steps from the tutorial, it wouldn't boot anymore. I didn't use the SSDT files from the 10.7.4 package (cautionned for 2630 only), and when I booted in verbose it didn't find the SSDT1, SSDT2 and SSDT3.aml files. Are any of those files available for 2670 or am I stuck on 10.7.2? I was getting some graphic artifacts on 10.7.2, but otherwise the rest was good, cool temps and stable.

Thanks!

JF

@brockoliscomique, SSDT1, SSDT2, SSDT3 are generic i7. You can install them + the correct 2670QM SSDT.aml from the Lx02X-Lion package.

• Like 1

@brockoliscomique, SSDT1, SSDT2, SSDT3 are generic i7. You can install them + the correct 2670QM SSDT.aml from the Lx02X-Lion package.

Couple questions: First, do I really need those things if everything seems to be working? What do they do?

second: Is there any connection with BIOS version and smth? Or does this apply only to CPU (which is 2670QM)?

And are You talking about ssdt1, SSDt2... from "10.7.4 Dell XPS 17 L702x Kexts" dir? (really confusing topic with lots of packages..) And I cant seem to find that "Lx02X-Lion package" that you mentioned.

Thanks