{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to try hackintosh on my laptop. I have previously installed to my former HP laptop and I am familiar with the process. I have Geforce GT525 and Dell Wireless 1702 and other usual components.

I have couple of questions

1) At the first page there is a link to modified BIOS which is dead now. Do I need to update my BIOS? I will dualboot with Windows 7 and I don't want to lose something because my main OS will be Windows

2) I have downloaded all files from third post on the first page. What is the OSX version that I can use these files? I am not looking for latest version but most stable version.

Thanks

1) Modified BIOS is the same place where you downloaded the rest kext name A11MOD.zip, after flashing the BIOS everything will be the same as before windows will normally load

2) This is kext for 10.8.4

• Like 1

Hi,

Today I followed the tutorial on first page but I have some problem. My CPU is i3 therefore in the last step I changed SSDT-4.aml from the zip file 2330M.zip I have booted with USB. However during bootup it stuck and and I saw a stop sign just above the apple logo.  I changed USB port from USB3 to USB2 and this time I saw the first installation screen but when I touch touchpad I saw kernel panic and installation stopped.

Hi,

Today I followed the tutorial on first page but I have some problem. My CPU is i3 therefore in the last step I changed SSDT-4.aml from the zip file 2330M.zip I have booted with USB. However during bootup it stuck and and I saw a stop sign just above the apple logo.  I changed USB port from USB3 to USB2 and this time I saw the first installation screen but when I touch touchpad I saw kernel panic and installation stopped.

boot with the flag -v  , take a photo of the screen at panic

just tried it 

scrolling is so perfect

and touchpad feels better

but three finger flick doesn't work 

i was going to talk to you  to add  integration for our notebook on rehabman  branch on Github   for (keyboard +touchpad) :D

how can I use this kext on my N5110?I have installed the 10.8.4 on my laptop.Please help me,thanks.

After lots of errors(boot error,USB3.....) I have managed to install and boot 10.8.5. However wifi is not working. I am sure that my wifi is supported because I have tried AirPortAtheros40.kext from anothter website and it kind a worked but then bluetooth is gone. So I guess this guide is not compatible with 10.8.5. So what I can do to have working Bluetooth,WIFI, USB3 port. I don't know why but whenever I insert something to USB3 port computer hangs. And also in the guide it says run  sudo perl /Users/Mido/Desktop/Post\ Install/patch-ahci-mlion.pl but it complains that is is already patched or something because of version conflict I guess. Another problem is somettimes it just hangs for no obvious reason. Is it because of graphics driver? I have Geforce graphics driver but I only see intel in system properties.

I tried to install osx 10.8.4 folowing the guide in the first post with no luck. I installed the iAtcos ml2, everything is working except wifi, multitouch touchpad and some flickering. The problem is that the screen is not working without an external monitor (hdmi). When i connect the monitor both screens work but when is disconnected the main screen is not working! 

My system is i3 2330m, hd3000 (no nvidia card), 4gb ram.

I tried to install osx 10.8.4 folowing the guide in the first post with no luck. I installed the iAtcos ml2, everything is working except wifi, multitouch touchpad and some flickering. The problem is that the screen is not working without an external monitor (hdmi). When i connect the monitor both screens work but when is disconnected the main screen is not working! 

My system is i3 2330m, hd3000 (no nvidia card), 4gb ram.

You need the proper DSDT patch applied to your DSDT.aml file to fix that.

I think there are newer, updated DSDT files on page one that may contain the patch if you dont want to patch your own.

But I can't find the Trackpad-Info of the Touchpad, Where is it? Sorry for my poor English.

I'm not sure what your trying to do?

If your trying to install rehabmans brach of the ps2controller for alps trackpads , then you need to just follow the guide (from what I can see of others posts its working on the dell laptop, I dont have a dell at hand to test on)

heres the instructions

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

heres the files

https://code.google.com/p/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/list

Also info here, it may be older, the same, or versions of each other ported etc.. 

https://github.com/bpedman/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

• Like 1

I don't know the reason but if I first boot Windows then restart and boot OSX 10.8.5 It crashes. If I shutdown at the crash and boot Mac again it boots. It is driving me crazy. What should I do ? When it crashes I see this https://www.dropbox.com/s/4czknsa0gox9ust/Photo%209-25-13%2C%2013%2040%2016.jpg

or I see this https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6qk0vjx9m0g6ig/Photo%209-25-13%2C%2013%2055%2032.png

I don't know the reason but if I first boot Windows then restart and boot OSX 10.8.5 It crashes. If I shutdown at the crash and boot Mac again it boots. It is driving me crazy. What should I do ? When it crashes I see this https://www.dropbox.com/s/4czknsa0gox9ust/Photo%209-25-13%2C%2013%2040%2016.jpg

or I see this https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6qk0vjx9m0g6ig/Photo%209-25-13%2C%2013%2055%2032.png

I guess your Lan card is RTL 8168

If I remove AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext system boots normally. I don't need LAN much if I want to activate LAN what should I do?

i dont see any final kext for RTL8168 kext. it alway make same your issue. so if you want to use Lan, you need install kext as normal and SHUTDOWN your windows for each time switch to MAC.

Hi again.

Today I have installed Fedora however I have couple of problems. Fedora somehow changed my boot menu I was very careful but I guess I missed th option. I can boot Fedora, Windows and faulty MACOS. I say faulty because I guess my dsdt is not applied I have very weird system which runs very fasty. I have tried to install Chamaleon bootloader to MAC partiiton again but still I see grub boot menu. How can I go back to chamaleon bootloader and boot fedora with it?

Hi again.

Today I have installed Fedora however I have couple of problems. Fedora somehow changed my boot menu I was very careful but I guess I missed th option. I can boot Fedora, Windows and faulty MACOS. I say faulty because I guess my dsdt is not applied I have very weird system which runs very fasty. I have tried to install Chamaleon bootloader to MAC partiiton again but still I see grub boot menu. How can I go back to chamaleon bootloader and boot fedora with it?

Rehabmans guide on multi boot is very good..

http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com

I used the guide on the first page. I partioned my drive as MBR not as GPT. However yesterday I have managed to triple boot, windows,macosx and ubuntu. Here is how I did it.

I divided my HD to 4 partitions.

1) Windows 7

2) MacOSX

3)LINUX swap

4)LINUX Ubuntu

5)Data

1. I installed windows with default options but as you know it creates additional system reserved boot partition. I hate that partition. So with Gparted I deleted that partition and rebooted again. As you may guess windows couldn't boot. So with Windows 7 CD I rebooted and installed boot files with its recovery console. There are many tutorials for this.

2. Then I installed OSX 10.8.5 according to the guide on the first page and installed chameleon bootloader and it worked out.

3. I booted with Ubuntu USB and partitioned my drive. Because I have 5 partitions they can't be primary partitions. So I created Extented partition after MACOSX and created primary partiion for swap as the size of my RAM, then created another partition with 60 GB size for main Ubuntu installation and left the rest as for DATA. I installed Ubuntu to 60 GB partition and I installed bootloader to that partition. I rebooted computer and Chameleon allowed me to boot Ubuntu. However I had small problems but I fixed them.

1. After selectin Linux partition, grub menu was showing. So I edited /etc/default/grub and changed GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0, and GRUB_TIMEOUT=0

2. Bluetooth was not working. I don't know the reason but I think it is related to how computer is started if it is cold boot it works otherwise it doesn't work. I managed to start it after I logged in ubuntu by using sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

10.9 Mavericks GM Guide soon

----

for people having intel gfx card only 

i want to terminate problem of black screen with patched dsdt

if one have his patched dsdt working fine  post it here 

if not please post original dsdt of latest bios version  to patch it then test it 

thanks

this is the dsdt for notebooks  which doesn't have nvidia card

hope it works as it must to be

need confirmation that it works fine 

I think this DSDT has the patches on to fix 

10.9 Mavericks GM Guide soon

----

for people having intel gfx card only 

i want to terminate problem of black screen with patched dsdt

if one have his patched dsdt working fine  post it here 

if not please post original dsdt of latest bios version  to patch it then test it 

thanks

I fixed this issue some time ago with DSDT patch, let me know if you need it :)