{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

USB3.0 follow this guide > http://www.insanelym..._ patched xhci

thnx, i finally got my Logitech c910 camera and my nanoUSB WiFi adapter working from USB3 port :)

Well it's not so perfect after all:

- When i unplug my nanoUSB WiFi adapter i get kernel panic (which doesn't happen on USB2 port), which is not a big deal, since even on USB3 port i only get 700Kbytes/sec on torrents (which means nano adapter is weak)

- I always get IO errors on my DT Ultimate G2 16Gb (100Mbytes/sec) Flash drive, which is a dealbreaker (Strange enough, my USB3 StoreJet 750Gb works fine)

Good thing is i can switch from AppleUSBXHCI.kext to CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext with kextunload/kextload without rebooting laptop, and a don't think i will even need them both same time.

Hmm, after switching kexts live and rebooting AppleUSBXHCI.kext and DT Ultimate G2 works...

Hi!

I need AppleShippingDrive kext but the link is broken. Can I download it from somewhere else?

And where to obtain the drive info exactly? Can you provide some screenshot with selection where to take that info from and where to paste it to exactly?

There is one more issues i'm having with Mountain Lion

To shutdown(or restart) laptop i always have to hit it twice.

First time i get "application Parallels Desktop canceled restart"

post-971287-0-92234300-1364896511_thumb.png

And i see Parallels suspending

post-971287-0-15029100-1364896595_thumb.png

And after Parallels gets suspended I can do it second time and it works.

On Lion i only have to hit it once. Anyone knows how to solve it?

I dont have any files to hand on this laptop..

However, on the first page

"ssdt-4 files extracted from HP Probook Installer 4 pkg"

I'd look for probook installer and go from there perhaps..

I still think this guide is quite dated, I didnt follow it much in the end, it has the bulk of the info, but a lot has changed since it was last edited, and obviously the links are all dead too.

I'd follow a more generic up to date guide and go from there, You'll find most of the specs are the same as the Hp Probook for example, and there are other guides floating about for other dell laptops that are near identical.

Hopefully somebody will be able to update this threads first page with new links etc for those who need it.

Hello there,

I have a wearid problem after i finished Mountain lion on my laptop i got a black lines appearing at my screen display ! it appear and gonne after while of time did anyone happend that with him too !! i have the same intel core i5 the owner post have

btw i had uploaded all the files on this topic for whos need it http://www.mediafire.com/?bma9sdq69oa2k

Thnx

Did it happen once, or keep happening?

can you get a screenshot or photo of it, it maye be graphics glitches, or artefacts.. lots of ways to resolve that, I found a certain version of fakeSMC.kext fixed it pretty much as good as 100% on this laptop..

I can dig out the version, even the file if you need it.

Hello there,

I have a wearid problem after i finished Mountain lion on my laptop i got a black lines appearing at my screen display ! it appear and gonne after while of time did anyone happend that with him too !! i have the same intel core i5 the owner post have

btw i had uploaded all the files on this topic for whos need it http://www.mediafire.../?bma9sdq69oa2k

Thnx

Lots of people will be very happy with you :)

I've downloaded it all to keep a back up in case others want it later on..

only thing missing is bios mod if people choose to use that, if anyone has that to upload, please do.

• Like 1

Did it happen once, or keep happening?

can you get a screenshot or photo of it, it maye be graphics glitches, or artefacts.. lots of ways to resolve that, I found a certain version of fakeSMC.kext fixed it pretty much as good as 100% on this laptop..

I can dig out the version, even the file if you need it.

Ty buddy for answer me :)

i uploaded a screenshot for this issue

776418470.jpg

this case #1 the lines appearing on my screen it appear when am on some load with more than 6 or 7 app opening and when i run cleanmymac it disappear !

866929797.jpg

this case #2 when am opening Flash player on safari or Fox after while of time this on the image happen !

i really do not wanna to leave Mac it's fainly something else better than the micosoft {censored}

and btw after my googled i found some other ppl having the same issue ! and the same part like me intel Core i5, and i have a freind having the same lappy but with intel core i3 he hasn't any issue like i have now !!

plz ask for anything u want else and plz help :)

only thing missing is bios mod if people choose to use that, if anyone has that to upload, please do.

here we go just hit this link http://www.mediafire.com/?icb4231n4rz9ghr

and for the whole files right here http://www.mediafire.com/?bma9sdq69oa2k

i had upload it for u and who's else need it :)

• Like 1

@ Nemosucker, I'd suggest kext wizard opposed to kext utlilty as it will repair permissions and rebuild cache. (just noticed it on your desktop anyway)

failing that, ill upload the version of fakeSMC that cured the issue for my friends if you need it.

If your dual booting, immediate boot after booting from windows can increase chances of artifacts, installing kexts / building cache can create them the following boot.

You can also try removing the battery from your laptop, holding the power button for 30 seconds, then retrying, this often helps with otehr laptops, may help with the dell's too, or search for a reset method for your model.

FakeSMC.kext.zip