{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Can you Pleease build it for Lion (10.7.5)?

Unfortunately that kext is not working properly. I'm trying to build one that support gestures and does not have issues with sensitivity.

the alps kext above doesnt work for me, I tried it before..

Vahagn-Doc, send me a pm with what you need, Ive backed up my friends DSDT and other files to my laptop now, so I can send over, hopefully, everything required.

Great, I'll contact you today.

Hi all

first I would like to thanks the creator of this article and for the commenters, by far this is the best and easiest hackintosh I installed.

I still can't get my vga out to work properly, but I'm considering something different - why not using apple TV and AirParrot?

if any one can give me his pros and cons that will be great.

I've updated to 10.8.3 and have a sudden problem: graphic card (in 10.7.5 it worked flawlessly).

I tried Vahagn-doc's and my backuped from Lion HD3000 kexts.

There is native resolution, but no hw acceleration. Also, I have small artifacts in Mission Control.

[ http://postimg.org/image/glipc5mx9/ Screenshot] (sorry, I couldn't attach it :()

Kext are loaded and there are no graphics-related errors in system.log

What did I miss? Are there 10.8.3-enabled kexts or I need some specific path?

I fixed all issues easily enough, 10.8.3 works no problem.

HMDI works (sound ad video), VGA never tested.

No graphics issues at all.

But the install I did is not using this guide fully, main difference I guess is using own DSDT.aml!

But the install I did is not using this guide fully, main difference I guess is using own DSDT.aml!

Have you used stock graphic kexts? Can you post your dsdt please?

Are you using N5110 Laptop with Nvidia Card on it?

I have discovered another solution for artifacsts. Im on 10.8.2

I booted GraphicsEnabler=Yes

(I have Nvidia card too but disabled by dsdt)

After boot like this all artifacts are gone. I used switchresx but it didnt help. Also it seems to me the speed increase. Here is the change I noticed in system info and profiler.

w/o graphicsenabler there is no word mobile but after enabling there is

I solved the problems with fckin artefacts. finally.

Switchresx never helped me because my default frequency of the lcd was 76.smthing and the vendor of my screen is LGD whatever

DUDE! I LOVE YOU!

YES! YES! YES!

It finally works for me! :)

This artifact/hangs/freezes problem was driving me mad for years, it was pretty much the only thing that was ruining my hackintosh experience.

I got it solved on Lion, i have no idea how (i've bought SSD + 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz + Installed Clover) which made system work much faster and within a year of using Lion, i only saw single tiny artifact maybe twice and had maybe couple of hangs/freezes.

But same hardware and bootloader were LOADED with artifacts when using Mountain Lion.

Changing frequencies using SwitchResX was helping a lot indeed - instead of tons of artifacts i was getting really a few and really rare, until i tried to make a movie with FinalCut :)

FinalCut was clearly showing, that SwitchResX can hardly be called a solution, besides that i was getting a lot of artifacts, i was experiencing hangs/freezes like every 5 minutes.

I started looking into finally buying MacBookPro, when i've ran into "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" solution, and guess what, it's been a month, and i had no single artifact when using Chameleon + GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Yet, every time i tried to boot using clover, i see them coming back.

Thank you sexyass, you've changed my life :)

Btw, "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" solution obviously can not be used together with Clover kext patch for VGA port.

I had to produce patched kext in order to use it with Chameleon, here it is if anyone needs it.

And keep it mind, that updating to 10.8.3 breaks VGA port functionality.

I had to copy AppleIntel* and IOGraphicsFamily.kext from 10.8.2 to get it working again.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.10.8.2.VGA.fix.zip

If you have the HD3000 card, yes, bring back all those kexts, install them with kext wizard, then repair / rebuild.

right click on a youtube video, see if hardware acceleration is enabled.

USB3.0

follow this guide > http://www.insanelym..._ patched xhci

thnx, i finally got my Logitech c910 camera and my nanoUSB WiFi adapter working from USB3 port :)

I found a new way to enable bt (the atheros one) without restarting.

Leave all the kexts how they are.

Download bootable image for os which supports this bt device. (I used ubuntu 12.04, its small and fast)

Download VMware Fusion

Create virtual machine, and install ubuntu on it.

Choose not to share bt devices with VM.

add in USB and bt connections choose our bt card ( my writes Hewlet packards bt and turns Atheros after getting enabled)

when cold booted and bt is disabled just simply start VM and let it reach desktop. and shut it down.

thats all the bt will be automatically enabled. close the vm and thats all.

Coming to apple BT mouse

Dont use two fingers, or ull get a crash even if wifi is disabled.

to overcome lagginess turn off and then on wifiin network settings.

2 finger and 3 finger gestures will work without crash but don't keep more than 1 finger on the mouse!

Edit: Finally I did it! Yeah, the product id was the problem. I fixed it now. Here is the kext over here. Delete applehidmouse kext in s/l/e and download this kext. Use any kext installer to install this kext and fix permissions. The mouse works great! here is the link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/prlmqu

this kext disables multitouch

i'll upload the one with multitouch later as soon as i finish

this is for Apple Magic Mouse right?

I see link is broken :(

There was an issue with much slower startup and shutdown times after moving to Mountain Lion

with -v i was getting on shutdown

com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.securityd 15 PID is still valid

com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple.securityd 15 Killability: dirty/idle-exit unsupported

Solved it with removing uTorrent from startup items

Simple but effective adjustment to remove the annoying system to reboot and shutdown delays mountain lion 10.8.2 and 10.8.3, which is a widespread problem that affects even genuine equipment. Works great on my Dell N5110 Core i7 only make the settings shown on this page http://goo.gl/4g7JR

I recommend using textmate to edit the plist file and can do from home without having to repair permissions. Although else do it not. Please take the necessary precautions, as this file is very important for the system. I recommend that before making any adjustments, make a backup of the plist file to the desktop or another location and proceed.

Greetings and comment as they worked.

Hi all,

All the mediafire link on post 1 has error.

I have somthing need help from you guys:

My laptop: Dell inspiron N5110 i7 2670Qm / HDD 640GB / 16GB RAM

I have completed install mac os x 10.8.2 as post 1 of this topic(included post install). however when i move mouse on docbar or opening one program, my screen draf/break some thing on beside window/icon.

I can not dual boot with windows 8 64bit because this laptop is old boot efi (not uefi).

So any one please teach me how to resolve these issue. thanks!

• Like 1

update......

the custom resolution i have created was not rotated by any degrees

its just normal . just i changed the pixel clock so i am using my laptop normally

aka,not rotated screen just normal

Hi bro, Could you please tech me how to resolve that?

my laptop have same problem like your.

Thanks!

Have you used stock graphic kexts? Can you post your dsdt please?

Are you using N5110 Laptop with Nvidia Card on it?

DUDE! I LOVE YOU!

YES! YES! YES!

It finally works for me! :)

This artifact/hangs/freezes problem was driving me mad for years, it was pretty much the only thing that was ruining my hackintosh experience.

I got it solved on Lion, i have no idea how (i've bought SSD + 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz + Installed Clover) which made system work much faster and within a year of using Lion, i only saw single tiny artifact maybe twice and had maybe couple of hangs/freezes.

But same hardware and bootloader were LOADED with artifacts when using Mountain Lion.

Changing frequencies using SwitchResX was helping a lot indeed - instead of tons of artifacts i was getting really a few and really rare, until i tried to make a movie with FinalCut :)

FinalCut was clearly showing, that SwitchResX can hardly be called a solution, besides that i was getting a lot of artifacts, i was experiencing hangs/freezes like every 5 minutes.

I started looking into finally buying MacBookPro, when i've ran into "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" solution, and guess what, it's been a month, and i had no single artifact when using Chameleon + GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Yet, every time i tried to boot using clover, i see them coming back.

Thank you sexyass, you've changed my life :)

Btw, "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" solution obviously can not be used together with Clover kext patch for VGA port.

I had to produce patched kext in order to use it with Chameleon, here it is if anyone needs it.

And keep it mind, that updating to 10.8.3 breaks VGA port functionality.

I had to copy AppleIntel* and IOGraphicsFamily.kext from 10.8.2 to get it working again.

Stanadard HD kexts..

No Nvidia, only intel graphics, graphics enabler yes also (I didnt think to mention that earlier, sorry)

HDMI still works in 10.8.3, never tried vga to be honest (even before)

I have edited the DSDT from scratch, it may not be perfect, but certainly works, a couple of warnings, no errors.

I strongly sugest people do the same, it is far better than using anyone elses.

Never used any 3rd party software to fix artifacts, but they were really bad at one point, by making sure all kexts were working correctly, loading ok (you can check that with kext wizard, and console for errors) and repairing/ rebuilding cache I could then set useKernelcache=yes to improve boot, but all artifacts issues gone (due to combination of repairing cache, graphics enabler I imagine)

there is an improved USB3.0 kext floating about now, geneeric one.. installs as normal kext :)

Here is the DSDT.aml from my friends n5110.

I wouldn't use it, but by all means check to see what patches Ive added, if you have the slightest hardware change, or bios revision ect, it can cause you issues.

here is chameleon boot plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Using latest chameleon with the fixes for messages..

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi all

first I would like to thanks the creator of this article and for the commenters, by far this is the best and easiest hackintosh I installed.

I still can't get my vga out to work properly, but I'm considering something different - why not using apple TV and AirParrot?

if any one can give me his pros and cons that will be great.

so... I bought it,

It's not a full replacement for HDMI out, there is some lag and it can't be used for everything, another thing - there are some compression marks when the wifi is not 100% stable.

that said - the quality is pretty good (I'm using it right now) the lag is noticeable but bearable, I'm not sure it will be good to video/photo editing but text editing, web surfing and such are great.

you don't really need airparrpot (unless you need it special features like second screen) mirroring is working perfect.

if you like me and you have a lot of apple devices this is a very nice little thing, if not you will find it to be very short in features (it can't even play videos from usb (no usb entrance at all)

links please ..?

what do you need?

links dead in first post?

anybody please answer for me: why my dell 15R/n5110/2670QM only run one cpu core on Mac LM ?

I just only saw one core run by viewing via Activity monitor program.

copy paste smbios.plist

org.chameleon.boot.plist

dsdt your own or from this guide?

screen shot of activity monitor / about this mac

my build was custom (its a friends laptop, I only have backup of some files)

I see all the links from page 1 are dead, hopefully somebody else has them, im pretty sure i do, but not on my laptop, so cant help right now sorry

so what did you purchase? an air parrot? Ive not looked at one before..

i know others have fixed vga, Im not sure if it worked or not on my frineds, but you know HDMI works (hd3000 btw, you may have different)

I purchased Apple TV, turns out that since ML most don't need airparrot because of mirroring support.

I tried to fix vga, I get vga out when restarting with the cable attached, but the screen is distorted.

about the HDMI, I have NVIDIA and as I understand from this thread, the HDMI port is going trough this disabled card.