{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I have an inspiron n5110 which pretty much matches what Mohamed has in his sig (except for hdd - my have 500gb), but i have one issue that i think is important here based on what i have read arround (and here) - my usb 2.0 port is dead so I'm left with only 2x usb 3.0 and of course i get "Still waiting for the root device" error.

Can somebody point me in a direction worth trying?

Thank you.

Cheers!

you need driver for usb3

if pxhcd.kext is not on extra/extensions put it or put this kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/

you need driver for usb3

if pxhcd.kext is not on extra/extensions put it or put this kext

http://www.insanelym...-x-with-source/

Thank you for the response! The pxhcd.kext was there but it didn't work with it so i deleted it and installed the one from the link you provided and it worked. I'm typing from the brand new mac here now. Thank you very much!

The other thing that came up now is related to post installation procedure. Namely, when trying to copy kexts from the Pre-install folder to S/L/E, i get an error "System extension cannot be used". What can i do about this?

Cheers!

Everything working fine now. Thanks a lot!

Have you managed to get volume control and other mac specific keys that are F# on windows to work?

And can you please explain why can't we have GeForce to work?

Thank you for your time!

Hey Mohamed Khairy,i do some tests and its not possible to extract .rom file from bios.exe on N7110 BIOS so my question is can you give me deeper guide how to patch AppleIntelPowerManagent

you can see topic i posted the latest patcher is for 10.8.3

or you can make try with clover

as it make fly patching for kext auto

Hi Mohamed Khairy,

Thank you for your support, however the vga sill not work for me.

I did followed your guid:

replace the kext file using KextUtility then shutdown => connect vga => open back => wait about 1 min

I see vga does not work, also tried on Displays with Detect Displays button.

Also I put it to sleep => connect vga => wakeup ... and vga not working.

please help.

my lappy specs:

Dell n5110 core i7 (2670QM)

Hi Mohamed Khairy,

Thank you for your support, however the vga sill not work for me.

I did followed your guid:

replace the kext file using KextUtility then shutdown => connect vga => open back => wait about 1 min

I see vga does not work, also tried on Displays with Detect Displays button.

Also I put it to sleep => connect vga => wakeup ... and vga not working.

please help.

my lappy specs:

Dell n5110 core i7 (2670QM)

Did you rebuild your cache and repair permissions? might be something as simple as that.

Somehow i started getting a "mach_kernel can't be found" error on boot just after cameleon. No boot flags can help here. The thing is there is a mach_kernel file in the root of the drive. I can boot with usb drive used for installation of the system, that cameleon works. I also tried reinstalling cameleon but to no avail.

Anyone had this or know why this could happen?

is it KextUtility ?

you can use disk utility to repiar permissions, personally, I use kext wizard for installing kexts and repairing rebuilding etc, all in one tool, far easier.

Anyone have kext for dell 1702 for 10.8.4 with working magic mouse after sleep ?

Give this one a try, let us know if it works for you, dont forget to repair permissions and rebuild cache after, Id use kext wizard, also back up your old kext first as always!

IO80211Family.kext.zip

you can use disk utility to repiar permissions, personally, I use kext wizard for installing kexts and repairing rebuilding etc, all in one tool, far easier.

Give this one a try, let us know if it works for you, dont forget to repair permissions and rebuild cache after, Id use kext wizard, also back up your old kext first as always!

IO80211Family.kext.zip

The same problem wifi is working great but bluethooth crash after sleep.