{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

@ Nemosucker, I'd suggest kext wizard opposed to kext utlilty as it will repair permissions and rebuild cache. (just noticed it on your desktop anyway)

failing that, ill upload the version of fakeSMC that cured the issue for my friends if you need it.

If your dual booting, immediate boot after booting from windows can increase chances of artifacts, installing kexts / building cache can create them the following boot.

You can also try removing the battery from your laptop, holding the power button for 30 seconds, then retrying, this often helps with otehr laptops, may help with the dell's too, or search for a reset method for your model.

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Unfortunately :( i had did what you said exactly but after i logged to my mac this what i got

699259953.jpg

this artifacts is really killing me :(

Unfortunately :( i had did what you said exactly but after i logged to my mac this what i got

699259953.jpg

For some people, and its not known why some things work for some but not others, they were using a 3rd party application to change resolution settings, or refresh rates, something like that, its worked for a few..

I know theres lots of pages, but if you skim through this thread its discussed somewhere, maybe its that you require?

The only other thing is to use your own DSDT patched rather than downloading one, thats the only other (big) diference to how I done my friends.

Dont be afraid to try other versions of fakeSMC too, just remember to repair and rebuild every time :)

699259953.jpg

@Nemosucker .. I had a problem ..

The solution was by using (App SwitchResX) .. :thumbsup_anim::weight_lift:

- Download the app ..

- and work like this

Go to the app .. >> UnKnown Monitor >> coustem Resolution >> press (+) .. and work the settings like this image ..

1- http://drp.so/3b1677

Restart Your Laptop .. and Back to the app ..

2- http://drp.so/5911a6

After then choose the new resolution ..

3- http://drp.so/c2e7a2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Maybe there are other solutions .. But this Solutios was very good with me :thumbsup_anim:

* i'm sorry .. my language very bad .. strong>ression.gif

For some people, and its not known why some things work for some but not others, they were using a 3rd party application to change resolution settings, or refresh rates, something like that, its worked for a few..

I know theres lots of pages, but if you skim through this thread its discussed somewhere, maybe its that you require?

The only other thing is to use your own DSDT patched rather than downloading one, thats the only other (big) diference to how I done my friends.

Dont be afraid to try other versions of fakeSMC too, just remember to repair and rebuild every time :)

rob1980 I appreciate your help really :) i googled about the fakesmc.kext and for some ppl worked like charm and for other did not " like me "

Thnx once again buddy :)

@Nemosucker .. I had a problem ..

The solution was by using (App SwitchResX) .. :thumbsup_anim::weight_lift:

- Download the app ..

- and work like this

Go to the app .. >> UnKnown Monitor >> coustem Resolution >> press (+) .. and work the settings like this image ..

1- http://drp.so/3b1677

Restart Your Laptop .. and Back to the app ..

2- http://drp.so/5911a6

After then choose the new resolution ..

3- http://drp.so/c2e7a2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Maybe there are other solutions .. But this Solutios was very good with me :thumbsup_anim:

* i'm sorry .. my language very bad .. strong>ression.gif

@iDev 9 :)

You make my day your solution work like charm with me now there are no any black lines or artifacts any where on my sreen Thnx man :)

just a small Q did you notice any more active about the cooler fan ?

cuz after i modify the Pixl Hz it's looks like i have more noise on the cooler fan like i got extra heat or something O,o !

Hi all,

sorry about my english.

I got problem on graphic HD3000 (ID: 0116):

ScreenShot2013-04-21.png

and log errror:

4/21/13 5:35:59.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:04.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:11.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:22.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:27.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:33.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:38.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:43.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:49.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:54.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:36:58.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:04.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:09.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:14.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:19.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:24.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:29.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:34.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:50.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:37:55.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:38:12.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
4/21/13 5:38:17.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for *possible* hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****

I have tried with SwitchResX, however it does not work :(

Please help!

There are pages and pages of info regarding graphics glitches with the HD3000, you need to read up and try the various fixes to find the one that works for you, nobody will know unfortunately.

Maybe somebody else can help with the log error, have you googled it? I found a few results listing it...

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply.

it only happen when i using some program such as iMessage, teamviewer, yahoo messenger.

I have tried fixing it in three days: trying install with each version ML, FakeSMC, apply change DSDT, install SwitchResX, fix the HEX with connectors ...

Now i am testing it in 6 hours, it working without the issues on ML10.8.3.

hope I have resolved successfully :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

First of all I have to say that It took me a while to see why I can't post in this forum. I took both of the quiz ... YEY :)).

My Hardware :

Dell n5110

- i7 2670Qm - 2.2Ghz

- 16 Gb ram @ 1333Mhz - (8+8) ..Yes 16 Gb it's not fake :), even though on all websites you see motherboard spec max 8gb, 16 works.

- Hdd 320 gb (no SSD);

- Audio IDT 92HD87B1

- Video : Intel HD 3000

Geforce GT525m 1024mb

- Network - wifi: Intel Centrino N

- wired : Realtek 8139

Install :

raw image with 10.8 found on internet. Tried to install with ##### stick build on mac pc but I didn't got it work...

delete applehda kext

install chimera bootloader, put dsdt.aml from ubuntu/linux (and olso other files like : APIC,FACP,FACS,HPET,MCFG and SSDT's )

Issues :

network - only wired

audio not working - I have to install voodooHDA 0.2.2 (I've installed before, but the volume slider wasn't working, so either I install it again either find out another kext better than voodooHDA)

trackpad not working - If I boot from usb-install-stick, keyboard works and usb mouse too. Bluetooth mouse / keyboard works too.

Really Strange thing - If I boot from hdd-disk chimerabootloader - no trackpad, no keyboard, only usb / bluetooth works

My question here is why is this difference when booting from usb-install-stick vs - hdd chimera bootloader (chimera is present on usb install stick too).

I've tried -f -F GraphicsEnabler=No / Yes , UseKernelCache=No /Yes .. -x / in every possible situation and even npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=0/1

I;ve used upgrade combo,and upgraded to 10.8.3

I have there a Realtek TP-Link wifi module which is not working either.

Bios mod A11 by florin9doi (maybe I have done something bad here..)

I also tried ApplePS2.. kext and VoodooPS2 kext,

also installed pcxhd and other kexts from postInstall from this thread (besides IOath3kfrmwr.kext)

My big problem is this strange behavior booting the osx from stick either from chimera bootloader put on harddisk(I have ubuntu, with grub bootloader and I load chimera - 'multiboot /boot')

Is there someone who can point me what to install next so I can get my osx install 100% ?

Thanks

post-1151945-0-13480200-1367934032_thumb.jpg

post-1151945-0-14318700-1367934035_thumb.jpg

post-1151945-0-85357100-1367934037_thumb.jpg

post-1151945-0-74782100-1367934040_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, its me again :D

I think I fixed the Graphics Artifacts problem. At least I haven't had any for the past few hours of use after this patch.

Here's a new Extra folder with the following changes:

- New DSDT patched from scratch.

- SSDTs renamed to avoid error on boot.

- Removed unneeded tables!

- Removed unneeded modules!!

- Added NVRAM module.

PS. This won't work with AppleHDA. You need VoodooHDA.

Does anyone have the kexts for multi touch and gestures working? I tried the ones by florin but they make the trackpad go crazy.

Extra.zip

• Like 1

I have installed VoodooHda 2.27

fixed Volume control,HalfVolumeFix by editing kext/Contens/Info.plis

Issue: When I plug in the audio jack, sound gets moved to headset, but there is a strange noise. If I refresh the youtube-music page, the sound is clear again. If I remove now the audio jack, the noise appears again in laptop speakers.

So there is a problem when switching from speakers to jack and backward, creating some strange noises untill restart of music application.

Does anyone got this problem too ?

Hi

First of all I have to say that It took me a while to see why I can't post in this forum. I took both of the quiz ... YEY :)).

My Hardware :

Dell n5110

- i7 2670Qm - 2.2Ghz

- 16 Gb ram @ 1333Mhz - (8+8) ..Yes 16 Gb it's not fake :), even though on all websites you see motherboard spec max 8gb, 16 works.

- Hdd 320 gb (no SSD);

- Audio IDT 92HD87B1

- Video : Intel HD 3000

Geforce GT525m 1024mb

- Network - wifi: Intel Centrino N

- wired : Realtek 8139

Install :

raw image with 10.8 found on internet. Tried to install with ##### stick build on mac pc but I didn't got it work...

delete applehda kext

install chimera bootloader, put dsdt.aml from ubuntu/linux (and olso other files like : APIC,FACP,FACS,HPET,MCFG and SSDT's )

Issues :

network - only wired

audio not working - I have to install voodooHDA 0.2.2 (I've installed before, but the volume slider wasn't working, so either I install it again either find out another kext better than voodooHDA)

trackpad not working - If I boot from usb-install-stick, keyboard works and usb mouse too. Bluetooth mouse / keyboard works too.

Really Strange thing - If I boot from hdd-disk chimerabootloader - no trackpad, no keyboard, only usb / bluetooth works

My question here is why is this difference when booting from usb-install-stick vs - hdd chimera bootloader (chimera is present on usb install stick too).

I've tried -f -F GraphicsEnabler=No / Yes , UseKernelCache=No /Yes .. -x / in every possible situation and even npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=0/1

I;ve used upgrade combo,and upgraded to 10.8.3

I have there a Realtek TP-Link wifi module which is not working either.

Bios mod A11 by florin9doi (maybe I have done something bad here..)

I also tried ApplePS2.. kext and VoodooPS2 kext,

also installed pcxhd and other kexts from postInstall from this thread (besides IOath3kfrmwr.kext)

My big problem is this strange behavior booting the osx from stick either from chimera bootloader put on harddisk(I have ubuntu, with grub bootloader and I load chimera - 'multiboot /boot')

Is there someone who can point me what to install next so I can get my osx install 100% ?

Thanks

I think you confused with n4110. on N5110 it's already support 16GB of RAM, and I am using it.

Could you please show me the kext for battery ?

Thanks.

Hi guys, its me again :D

I think I fixed the Graphics Artifacts problem. At least I haven't had any for the past few hours of use after this patch.

Here's a new Extra folder with the following changes:

- New DSDT patched from scratch.

- SSDTs renamed to avoid error on boot.

- Removed unneeded tables!

- Removed unneeded modules!!

- Added NVRAM module.

PS. This won't work with AppleHDA. You need VoodooHDA.

Does anyone have the kexts for multi touch and gestures working? I tried the ones by florin but they make the trackpad go crazy.

Thanks for posting your work. One question, this DSDT work for N5110 Core i7 2676QM. Please reply.

Thanks for posting your work. One question, this DSDT work for N5110 Core i7 2676QM. Please reply.

You need to create your own DSDT files, this is why the majority of people here have issues, because the guide offers a DSDT file for you to use, its outdated, and 99% of the time will not match your hardware / configurations perfectly.

Extract your own DSDT, lots of guides on it, either patch it yourself after a bit of reading, or ask somebody to patch it for you, there has been lots of changes recently with new kexts, and patches that mean a newly created DSDT now will work better with the latest kexts (USB3.0, appleHDA, powermanagement etc)

Have a read up on the latest probook installer, it patches DSDT's, Ive not tried it on anything but my probook, but if others have with success, theres your simplest solution, the hardware in the probook is almost identical to the inspiron, at worst, it wont work, remove the DSDT.aml file and try again manually.

Hi. Just installed Hackintosh, with a small problem. TouchPad didn't worked, and still isn't working. How can I make it to work? I have Dell Inspiron N5110 with Intel® CoreTM i5 2430M, 2400 MHz, 4 GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1024MB, Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Also network doesn't work. My network adapters are: Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter & Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 BGN 1x2 HMC WiFi/Bluetooth Adapter (Dell)

Maybe I need to use modified DSDT.aml and SMBIOS, cause I used the ones from the archives.

@Julio Vargas,

I think the DSDT will work on all CPUs. The difference will only be in the SSDTs (power management).

Give the DSDT in post 1339 a try.

I have installed VoodooHda 2.27

fixed Volume control,HalfVolumeFix by editing kext/Contens/Info.plis

Issue: When I plug in the audio jack, sound gets moved to headset, but there is a strange noise. If I refresh the youtube-music page, the sound is clear again. If I remove now the audio jack, the noise appears again in laptop speakers.

So there is a problem when switching from speakers to jack and backward, creating some strange noises untill restart of music application.

Does anyone got this problem too ?

hey buddy i was have the same noise problem with the voodooHDA but i fixed it with this :

Goto " LaunchPad >> Other >> Audio MIDI stup " then modfiy the format from 192000.0 Hz to 44100.0 Hz give it a try and let me know if the noise goan or not

GL :)