{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

probably just as easy, if not easier to use an HDMI to VGA adaptor if you cant get it to work, I never tried to get it to work on my friends as he only used HDMI anyway, so using chameleon.

Sorry I cant help more on that issue, others might be able to.

any chance that a usb 3.0 kext that works out yet ? also how about hdmi with audio ? also i need some help with my dvd drive , it show up and all i can even eject it but when i place a cd or dvd it doesnt read it

i need some help , i notice now that my laptop is running at 70 - 89 celsius is that normal any way to make it run lower temperature cause i can feel the laptop being really hot

also wants a good mini wifi card the works out the box

i need some help , i notice now that my laptop is running at 70 - 89 celsius is that normal any way to make it run lower temperature cause i can feel the laptop being really hot

also wants a good mini wifi card the works out the box

wifi > Atheros 9285, there are other atheros cards supported too, ebay is your friend!

As for temps, they seem a little high, is speedstep working ok?

nothing obstructing air flow, fans free of dust etc

Do you have HWmonitor installed? would be good to know your fan speed, and processor multiplier..

Mines running quite hot today, but then its a hot day here, but checking right now its at 52c.. acceptable (mines on a desk rather than my lap btw)

check for process's running in the background, I assume youve tried shutting down and restarting

do a google search, or wait for somebody in here to let you know if there is a "whitelist" for wifi cards in the dell, Im using an HP, and dont have my mates dell to hand to check, nor can I confirm the two cards you have, others might be able to, take a pic, or right down what it says on both cards.

ps, what card is in your laptop? if its the dell 1702 (think thats the number) then it is an atheros card that works!!

hi all

if any one have the uploaded files please upload them again

as my old account on mediafire was blocked

and i have no back up for them

about 10.8.4 just update normal from app store if you use applehda

and then replace applehda with the one will uplaod later

who use voodoohda you must load mac first on safe mode -x

then update and then remove applehda kext and fix caches

sorry about not responding the last period

hi all

if any one have the uploaded files please upload them again

as my old account on mediafire was blocked

and i have no back up for them

about 10.8.4 just update normal from app store if you use applehda

and then replace applehda with the one will uplaod later

who use voodoohda you must load mac first on safe mode -x

then update and then remove applehda kext and fix caches

sorry about not responding the last period

here we go

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/bma9sdq69oa2k/Mac_For_Dell_Inspiron_N5110

just re download them all and replace the links on the #1 post for who's need it

btw if u have new DSDT and the new applehda plz share it :)

حمدلله على السلامه :)

• Like 2

Hi all, I'm a newbie.

I need some help. My OS brightness controls at maximum but the actual brightness of the monitor is only 85-90%.

Does anyone got this problem too ?

I'm sorry for my bad english :D .

Hello There :) I got one question-is possible to install MAC OS X from this guide on DELL INSPIRION N7110 I am stuck on PATCHING BIOS because N5110 and N7110 got different BIOS,if anyone can create patch for DELL INSPIRION N7110?

Hello There :) I got one question-is possible to install MAC OS X from this guide on DELL INSPIRION N7110 I am stuck on PATCHING BIOS because N5110 and N7110 got different BIOS,if anyone can create patch for DELL INSPIRION N7110?

you have two options

either

patching bios your salve on your risk

following this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279576-dell-inspiron-15r-n5110-native-speedstep-bios-modding/

or patching

appleintelpowermanagment.kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/258611-speedstepper-now-supports-mountain-lion-1083/

about dsdt

you can use dsdt editor and apply sandy bridge patches for your dsdt

or you can make atrial to use the 5110 dsdt :P

about audio use voodoohda.kext

Hi all, I'm a newbie.

I need some help. My OS brightness controls at maximum but the actual brightness of the monitor is only 85-90%.

Does anyone got this problem too ?

I'm sorry for my bad english :D .

this problem is with all users

enter sleep and then wake up you will get all brightness of screen

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I have an inspiron n5110 which pretty much matches what Mohamed has in his sig (except for hdd - my have 500gb), but i have one issue that i think is important here based on what i have read arround (and here) - my usb 2.0 port is dead so I'm left with only 2x usb 3.0 and of course i get "Still waiting for the root device" error.

Can somebody point me in a direction worth trying?

Thank you.

Cheers!