{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

@Rob1980:

Why are you trying to make the DSDT from scratch?

Anyway, here is the DSDT I'm currently using.

It has zero errors and zero warnings on compile. Give it a try :)

PS. This won't work with AppleHDA, only VoodooHDA will work!

DSDT.aml.zip

@Rob1980:

Why are you trying to make the DSDT from scratch?

Anyway, here is the DSDT I'm currently using.

It has zero errors and zero warnings on compile. Give it a try :)

PS. This won't work with AppleHDA, only VoodooHDA will work!

My laptop would always boot to a black screen with the DSDT that was attached to this thread?

So Ive now patched my own, which is probably a better way, just longer method, Ive added the most common patches, as well as atheros patch for dw1702.

Currently everything working as it should, I had a few graphics artifacts with HD3000, so ive gone to FakeSMC 4.0 ( I know 4.2 is available) and using fan control to keep the base fan speed slightly higher to reduce any glitches.

brightness buttons are now working, as is audio, cardreader, battery, wifi, bluetooth, sleep, hmdi + audio, usb3.0, just got to find voodoops2 that doesnt go crazy on this laptop, then Im leaving the thing alone lol.

My laptop would always boot to a black screen with the DSDT that was attached to this thread?

So Ive now patched my own, which is probably a better way, just longer method, Ive added the most common patches, as well as atheros patch for dw1702.

Currently everything working as it should, I had a few graphics artifacts with HD3000, so ive gone to FakeSMC 4.0 ( I know 4.2 is available) and using fan control to keep the base fan speed slightly higher to reduce any glitches.

brightness buttons are now working, as is audio, cardreader, battery, wifi, bluetooth, sleep, hmdi + audio, usb3.0, just got to find voodoops2 that doesnt go crazy on this laptop, then Im leaving the thing alone lol.

Could you please share your /Extra folder :)

PS. I found a better way to enable USB 3.0 on our system using the patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext from here: http://www.insanelym..._ patched xhci

Finally no more PXHCD nightmare.

Yeah no problem, once I have the laptop back again (its my friends, i use a 4530s) Ill paste the extra folder.

There is probably stuff that can be removed from it still, I plan to remove the last couple of Kexts from EE and move to SLE before reparing and rebuilding.

The last thing I did was set graphicsenabler to yes to try and reduce artifacts, not sure of the outcome of that yet ill know at the weekend when I see my friend again.

As for the USB 3.0 find, I wonder if this might fix certain issues I have with the 5110...?

the USB3.0 ports work with a mouse, or external hdd, usb drive etc.. but will not work with a midi controller, or an external soundcard.. so will be interesting to test that!!

Ive applied the usb 3.0 fix to my probook, much better now!!

I'm waiting to get hold of my friends dell again, I need to apply a couple more patches, rebuild cache, and then perhaps look at slimming down the EXTRA folder.

lots of files still there from this guide, but I'm not sure what is actually needed as I havent followed the guide completely.

Hey guys I've a problem with VGA.

Today I reinstall my OS X. And somehow my VGA doesn't work... I tried to install Clove but no luck.

After I get tried installing patched AppleIntelGraphicsFB.kext (got from this thread) still no success. I read whole thread 2 times. nothing helps :( Please help me, what to do??

VGA works under windows. SwitchResX is installed.

Okay, I fixed the issue with VGA. Here's what you need to do

1. Delete Kexts

2. Repair Permissions and system cache (I used kext Wizard)

3. Copy kexts from attachments file

4. Repair Permissions and system cache (I used kext Wizard)

5. Restart and you're done!

Delete these kexts, plugins and bundles:

AMD

- AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

- AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle

- AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

INTEL

- AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA.plugin

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

- AppleIntelIVBVA.bundle

- AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

- AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

ATI

- ATI2400Controller.kext

- ATI2600Controller.kext

- ATI3800Controller.kext

- ATI4600Controller.kext

- ATI4800Controller.kext

- ATI5000Controller.kext

- ATI6000Controller.kext

- ATIFramebuffer.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

- ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

- ATISupport.kext

Nvidia

- GeForce.kext

- GeForceGA.plugin

- GeForceGLDriver.bundle

- GeForceVADriver.bundle

- NVDAGF100Hal.kext

- NVDAGK100Hal.kext

- NVDANV50Hal.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

- NVSMU.kext

I have to agree, I think you may have removed more than was needed there..

glad you got vga working, but Id put the Hd3000 kexts back and repair, if everything else works ok, you should be good.

I now have my friends laptop back again, Ive got everything working perfectly, no graphics artifacts (or I cannot get it to produce any this evening at least).

its just the bloody touchpad now, anyone got it working nicely with finger gestures?

Ive also applied the beter USB3.0 fix, and the imessage fix.

Edited by rob1980

I have to agree, I think you may have removed more than was needed there..

glad you got vga working, but Id put the Hd3000 kexts back and repair, if everything else works ok, you should be good.

I now have my friends laptop back again, Ive got everything working perfectly, no graphics artifacts (or I cannot get it to produce any this evening at least).

its just the bloody touchpad now, anyone got it working nicely with finger gestures?

Ive also applied the beter USB3.0 fix, and the imessage fix.

Hmm, right... You suggest to bring back all Intel kexts? And one more thing how you fix USB3.0?

I find all my original kexts. But here's the thing:

With original AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext I can't connect my external monitor, VGA doesn't work. I downloaded patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from the internet, but in this case hardware acceleration doesn't work.

Can someone post patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext here. Thanks

Hey Guys, All issues are sovled with VGA and Graphics Hardware Acceleration.

Here's what I did.

1. Deleted all Graphic Kexts

2. Copied only Intel HD 3000 kexts and patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

Now everything works perfectly!

Graphic kexts: http://cl.ly/1a0N45191S0f

Unsolved Problem:

ALPS multitouch kexts (partially solved) with gesture support!

Hey, Vahagn-Doc thx 4 the dmg file. I'm new here,although been using hackintosh for 3 months now...

Everything works fine. even for daz3d studio 4 works flawlessly.

Sketchup, Blender and several 3D games are also working nice.

but i just want one more functionality, which is to hook up my inspiron to an external monitor..

I followed your guide but still no good. I wonder what went wrong.. I want to use the vga connector so badly.

hope you could help me. :rolleyes:

Hey, Vahagn-Doc thx 4 the dmg file. I'm new here,although been using hackintosh for 3 months now...

Everything works fine. even for daz3d studio 4 works flawlessly.

Sketchup, Blender and several 3D games are also working nice.

but i just want one more functionality, which is to hook up my inspiron to an external monitor..

I followed your guide but still no good. I wonder what went wrong.. I want to use the vga connector so badly.

hope you could help me. :rolleyes:

You're welcome. Did you install SwitchResX?

1. Delete graphics kexts and install the ones provided in the DMG file

2. Repair permissions, cahce using kextutility

3. Install SwitchResX

4. Configure SwitchResX, follow guide link is in the get started document

5. When you connect your monitor, open SwitchResX form the menu and click "Detect Displays"

6. It should show blue screen for a second and now you can use your external monitor

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-12%20at%209.37.14%20PM.png

You're welcome. Did you install SwitchResX?

1. Delete graphics kexts and install the ones provided in the DMG file

2. Repair permissions, cahce using kextutility

3. Install SwitchResX

4. Configure SwitchResX, follow guide link is in the get started document

5. When you connect your monitor, open SwitchResX form the menu and click "Detect Displays"

6. It should show blue screen for a second and now you can use your external monitor

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-12%20at%209.37.14%20PM.png

I think I followed your instructions pretty well...but I think it's no hurt to do it again... So thanks again. Btw, mine is a dell inspiron 15r with nvidia..

Hoping it is not a problem :| .. After this, I'll post again to confirm whether it's working or not..

hey Vahagn-Doc, glad you got up and running again!!!! I never tested HDMI on my friends dell, I'll perhaps try thsi weekend when he is over and we attempt an update to 10.8.3 (It appears to be a good update so far for hackintosh, very few, if any negative effects)

In regards to ALPS touchpad, how is your progress coming on? Its something I have been looking into myself, when I think I make process, I actually spet backwards soon after lol.

My biggest issue is not having the dell laptop all the time, only my probook so I cannot test most of the time.

Your post install.dmg looks interesting, Ill have to compare the kexts in there to the ones I used, did you patch your own DSDT or use the one in this guide. I ended up starting from scratch with my friends as i think you know, so might be using less modified kexts than on the first page here, Im also using the newer USB3 kexts now, all sleep issues have been resolved with unmounting of usb devices which is good.

I never used SwitchResX btw, vga and hdmi should work without it on the HD3000, not so sure about nvidia for Nasuki's problem though.

hey Vahagn-Doc, glad you got up and running again!!!! I never tested HDMI on my friends dell, I'll perhaps try thsi weekend when he is over and we attempt an update to 10.8.3 (It appears to be a good update so far for hackintosh, very few, if any negative effects)

In regards to ALPS touchpad, how is your progress coming on? Its something I have been looking into myself, when I think I make process, I actually spet backwards soon after lol.

My biggest issue is not having the dell laptop all the time, only my probook so I cannot test most of the time.

Your post install.dmg looks interesting, Ill have to compare the kexts in there to the ones I used, did you patch your own DSDT or use the one in this guide. I ended up starting from scratch with my friends as i think you know, so might be using less modified kexts than on the first page here, Im also using the newer USB3 kexts now, all sleep issues have been resolved with unmounting of usb devices which is good.

I never used SwitchResX btw, vga and hdmi should work without it on the HD3000, not so sure about nvidia for Nasuki's problem though.

I did not updated to 10.8.3 yet. Need to backup with time machine.

Regarding ALPS, I modified it and still working will update here after I finish it. I've the source codes if you want :)

Just an idea. Why not to make one and universal DMG image for both Dell versions (w/ Nvidia and w/o Nvidia)...

SO IF YOU SEND ME THE KEXTS AND DSDT YOU USED, I'LL TEST AND MAKE ONE UNIVERSAL DMG FILE.

Right now I'm preparing ISO and DMG images for installer. This should be useful for those who just started to use Mac OS and don't have Mac installed already!