Workstation 8/9/10, Player 4/5/6 and Fusion 4/5/6 Mac OS X Unlocker

Donk

543 posts in this topic

Not going to work until VMware writes video driver that support QE/CI.

Thank you for the insight!

So for me that means everything beyond using OS X for compiling iOS binaries and a little XCode programming it'll always stay useless on the userfront-end, realistically... too bad. :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have found an interesting problem with ver 8.0.+ Workstation and Mac OSX 10.6.3, I have tried to update to 10.6.4 and it fails just as it starts the update.

I have been using Alberts unlocker and Donks since it was released and I thought I was doing something wrong, until I reverted back to 7 and everything worked perfectly and I was even able to install Lion.

So I made a new virtual machine under 8.0.0 with Donks 1.0.2 Unlocker and and after installing 10.6.3 it will not allow you to update to 10.6.4, I tried 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 and both are the same - failure.

I have since reverted back to WSK7 and all is working well.

I tried to update a OSX 10.6.3 WSK7 Virtual machine to 8.0 it will not allow any updates either.

I have tried the combo update and the single update and none work.

Has anyone else had the same experience or come across this and have a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry; my apologies to Zenith432 - I appreciate both your efforts, but was having a "seniors moment" forgetting the derivation. :wallbash:

In any event, I can now verify that it does work on Fusion 4.1.2.

I cannot get this to work. I followed the video instructions. Got the file from the torrent. I install Workstation 8.0.2 and it works. When I patch it and try to open the vmx file it does nothing. Then I can’t close Workstation except by killing the process. Restart the computer and try the player and that does nothing and won’t close and says “The virtual machine is busy”

I have tried this on 2 computers, one is very new i7 2600k and WS 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 to the same effect.

Any idea what could be the problem. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't verified whether it still works on Workstation 8.0.3 for Linux.

zet120@desktop:~/Pulpit/unlock-all-v102/linux$ cat /etc/*release*

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 12.04 LTS"

zet120@desktop:~/Pulpit/unlock-all-v102/linux$ uname -r

3.2.0-24-generic

zet120@desktop:~/Pulpit/unlock-all-v102/linux$ vmware-installer -l

Product Name Product Version
==================== ====================
vmware-workstation 8.0.3.703057

zet120@desktop:~/Pulpit/unlock-all-v102/linux$ sudo ./install.sh

VMware Unlocker 1.0.1
=====================
Copyright: Dave Parsons 2011
Patching...
Patching /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx
Patching /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx-debug
Patching /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx-stats
Patching /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libvmwarebase.so.0/libvmwarebase.so.0
`../tools/darwin.iso' -> `/usr/lib/vmware/isoimages/darwin.iso'
`../tools/darwin.iso.sig' -> `/usr/lib/vmware/isoimages/darwin.iso.sig'
Finished!

OK. :)

post-316886-0-14887600-1336150826_thumb.png

Tried installing the OS X 10.7.4 update today and my VM wouldn't boot up anymore. Has anyone else tried it yet?

For 10.7.3 and 10.7.4 you will need to use the 2012 Tech Preview of either Workstation or Fusion.

VMware have fixed the issue with 10.7.3 and .4 in their code. I have no other details than that, but VMware have called out on ESXi 5 that only version up to 10.7.2 are supported and the code base in shared with Workstation 8.

Yes but I haven't released it yet. Will work with Workstation 8 & 2012, Player 4, Fusion 4 & 2012 and ESXi 5. I have one test I need to perform on ESXi then will release it. However I am working at the moment and need 15 minutes to run the test.

Thanks for confirming the issue. I haven't had any trouble running 10.7.3 in VMware Workstation (8.0.2/8.0.3). I restored from my backup before the upgrade and I guess I'm going to sit on 10.7.3 until an updated version of Workstation is released and unlockable.