41 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm trying to install Lion DP 2 on the following hardware:

Intel DH57JG - H57 based mini-itx mb from intel

Intel Core i3 530

2gb of DDR3 memory

SATA hd

Integrated Intel HD video

I've gotten the boot process as far as DSMOS has arrived and then nothing happens. To get this far i'm using FakeSMC.kext, a modified IOUSBFamily.kext (without it boot get's stuck with som EHCI error or something) and i've removed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext since they caused kernel panic directly at boot (can i just remove these btw?)

I have no clue why it doesn't work, it just get's stuck there, nothing which seems like an error message either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
Hi!

I'm trying to install Lion DP 2 on the following hardware:

Intel DH57JG - H57 based mini-itx mb from intel

Intel Core i3 530

2gb of DDR3 memory

SATA hd

Integrated Intel HD video

I've gotten the boot process as far as DSMOS has arrived and then nothing happens. To get this far i'm using FakeSMC.kext, a modified IOUSBFamily.kext (without it boot get's stuck with som EHCI error or something) and i've removed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext since they caused kernel panic directly at boot (can i just remove these btw?)

I have no clue why it doesn't work, it just get's stuck there, nothing which seems like an error message either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Tried with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Tried with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Why have I search the entire web and could not find this file??? That is, "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext"?

Can you link me to it, or tell me exactly how to attain a copy of it. It'd be GREATLY appreciated. :(

• 1 month later...
Same problem ,

but only ATI hd4870 , if a change the card to hd5750 or using integrated graphics card no problem. So i think the problem the hd4870 but dunno why , lots of people using this card.

Any advice?

i use nvidia GT440 same problem ... dsmos has arrived

I have same problem....

DSMOS has arrived, no panics, it never goes in UI.

I got Geforce 9800 GTX+

I tried everything, 64-bit mode, 32-bit mode, GraphicsEnabler Yes or No, with or without NVEnabler, with or without EFI strings in my boot.plist,

I got the absolute minimal to boot Lion, FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement.

And yes i deleted all extension caches and i boot with -f flag...

It never goes in UI. It just waits there... Keyboard is responsive, i can type stuff (when i boot with -v) but nothing else happens... and I dont get any kinds of errors or messages indicative of the problem

I was fully working in 10.6.8, and the weird thing is, I was able to boot into Lion 10.7 GM installation and install it just fine!

I have the same exact Extensions and same exact Extra folder same exact chameleon that I used to install Lion (which boots with 10.7 kernel)

I have no idea what is going on...

Any help would be appreciated! Please my head is going to explode!

guys i had this, then i just redid teh USB, works again :construction:, your problem maybe more complex than that but its worth a try, mald0n's guide step by step redo :censored2:

Yeah but the thing is, I installed Lion over my Snow 10.6.8 installation, I got too many stuff setup in my hackintosh, I dont really want to do a fresh install :thumbsup_anim:

I guess I will try reinstalling over it again... I will report back what happened.

I have same problem....

DSMOS has arrived, no panics, it never goes in UI.

I got Geforce 9800 GTX+

I tried everything, 64-bit mode, 32-bit mode, GraphicsEnabler Yes or No, with or without NVEnabler, with or without EFI strings in my boot.plist,

I got the absolute minimal to boot Lion, FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement.

And yes i deleted all extension caches and i boot with -f flag...

It never goes in UI. It just waits there... Keyboard is responsive, i can type stuff (when i boot with -v) but nothing else happens... and I dont get any kinds of errors or messages indicative of the problem

I was fully working in 10.6.8, and the weird thing is, I was able to boot into Lion 10.7 GM installation and install it just fine!

I have the same exact Extensions and same exact Extra folder same exact chameleon that I used to install Lion (which boots with 10.7 kernel)

I have no idea what is going on...

Any help would be appreciated! Please my head is going to explode!

Same problem, i have nvidia 9800gtx. DSMOS has arrived, and no KP, no error

Snow and Lion DP4 work for me

Im will be crazy about this error, and dont find any ideas or discussions about this, one step more to UI and nothing changes screen.. {censored}

I have a 9800GTX+.

Had the same issue. Then I changed the geforce kexts to the ones I found in the DP4 Install and all is back to normal with native support!

I've uploaded the kexts I used.

Link

Also, if you are using Extra folder for Lion - make sure to install chameleon to the lion drive.

I was also stuck in verbose if I had the extra folder but no chameleon installed on Lion (I was booting with chameleon on my SL drive)

apparently reinstalling ontop of it again, fixes the problem...

i also had issues with IOPCI and ACPI but once i installed old versions from 10.6.7, it booted fine :( i'm in Lion now and seems to work fine

Yes, I too was going to write the same thing :(

I am installing the lion

I have only boot with -v -f npci=0x2000

p.s. if i have dsdt in /E/E i have Pci configuration begin and stuck on this

nvidia 9800gtx work like a charm with graphics enabler