Seeking testers for Fermi Freeze Fix.

rominator

61 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just wanted to report that my brand new 460 GTX 768 is also having KP's. I had one freeze, but loads of KP's. Using latest nvidia drivers and RC5 chameleon.

Future doesn't look bright now, eh?

Cheers,

an1r0n

Ok Guys

To Beginning mine is an Asus ENGTS 450 1GB

This is what I've found trying to fix this problem because belive me that I really want to make this kind of cards working in to OS X.

Since some people was talking about the AGPM (Apple graphics power management) kext what is the one wich manage the energy states of the Graphics card. I went in to the file info.plist of it. And... Verifying it

1st. The Chamelon RC 5 by default adds the MacPro 3,1 profile to the computer

2nd. In to the AGPM there isn't any profile for the MacPro 3,1 almos only for all the others profiles that the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer has

3rd. I tried to load my Hackintosh by chosing the MacPro 4,1 or MacPro 5,1 profile but on any of them I got alway KPs

4th. I'm kind of sure that, that particular file is the reason of the freezes because I was verifying almos all the profiles and there are threndholds that specifie the time and the state of the Graphics card and when and how to enter in which mode (Unafortunally I don't really know how to change them because I don't know what are the states that the fermi cards are supouse to have)

5th. I was able to change my profile with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer to any one of the other profiles that it has like: iMac 11, etc and MacBook whatever number they have and I could boot. "And I certainly noticed that the card was spinning different because the AGPM was handling it. However since all of the Macs haven't had yet any Nvidia Fermi card, And almos all of them have a particular Graphic card that should be working under one of the specified states and power settings storaged on the AGPM file. That is why any of the profiles worked for me

6th You can try it, by changing the Profile of your hackintosh and you will see that the Graphic card will be working different I mean about the power that is supplied to the card. But there are always freezes :) Because there isn't any configuration for the fermi cards.

7th. If you can change your profiles to MacPro 4.1 or MacPro5 it may use the configuration that the MacPro Original Macs use to handle the powerstates of the ATI cards that they use. And the graphic card will be working as the ATI that the MacPro has but they don't work as they are.

8th. If someone could take a look into the AGPM kext file and find the way that the Fermi cards needs to be managed. It can be edited and that kext is going to handle in a proper way our cards and they won't freeze.

That is my piece of information trying to get that card to work. Because I don't really want to spend another $60 dollars buying a Nvidia 9500 that will always work with a hackintosh build

Pleas people!!! Let's make these cards work on OS X because I know that there is a lot of people whose does not want to have a video in the background or any other thing to fix it not at all.

Let's work together community to make it work. And thank you to all of you guys who are looking into a solution to make them work.

Hey, you seem eager to be a "fixer", why not try modding AGPM and tell us if that fixes Fermi Freeze?

Either keep card in low state or high state.

Would it make any sense if we replace AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. from Snow Leopard with one from Lion Dev. Preview 2?

I don't have KP's because I'm running iTunes visualizer in background, but I did have one freeze.

Would it make any sense if we replace AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. from Snow Leopard with one from Lion Dev. Preview 2?

I don't have KP's because I'm running iTunes visualizer in background, but I did have one freeze.

That may work if there are no KPs because they may modified it to work with the lates Nvidia Fermi cards so may contain different settings on it. Also somewhere I have reed that the lates beta from lion is having a new Nvidia Drivers. If some one can upload them here on the forum that'd help a lot for testing pourposes. Also I have another theory that I will be trying in a while. So I will keep you guys posted what happened since I deleted my installation of SL because there isn't any fix yet I'm using windows 7 :gathering:

That may work if there are no KPs because they may modified it to work with the lates Nvidia Fermi cards so may contain different settings on it. Also somewhere I have reed that the lates beta from lion is having a new Nvidia Drivers. If some one can upload them here on the forum that'd help a lot for testing pourposes. Also I have another theory that I will be trying in a while. So I will keep you guys posted what happened since I deleted my installation of SL because there isn't any fix yet I'm using windows 7 :rolleyes:

I had no KP nor freeze for over 6 hours now, check my guide here!

hello, i´ve got another question.

1.) could i solve this Grafikenabler problem with my Asus ENGTS 450 733 MHZ if i change my bio´s ?

nVidia GeForce GTS 450 1024MB NVc3 [10de:0dc4] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

bad display config block signature (0x55555555)

for now i does it with dsdt

thx in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GTS 450 here, but im running AMD 10.6.8 with Legacy Kernel 10.8 so switching to Lion is not an option for me (for now at least and God knows how many cans that will open when it is available *IF* it makes it...)

Right now running QuickTime looping mp4 on lower left corner, barely visible...only solution that has worked so far... :D

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just wondering if this still affects Mavericks 10.9.5.

I am having issues with freezes, but I think it is my USB ports. I will disable legacy support (only one OS, no need for keyboard/mouse during boot).

I have a 1GB GTS 450. I used AGPM injection method to get past black screen on startup, but have no GPUPM.