ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

Hi,

Wow, just back from holiday and lots of replies! :(

I can't promise when it will be finished, but I need it since I'm writing a 'DAW' / audio sequencer for OSX, Windows and Linux. It already runs on PPC Mac's, but I can't afford an (official) Intel Mac right now. Unfortunately (for you guys), the Windows version has a bit higher priority, but after adding some features and fixing some bugs, I will have time to start the OSX Envy24HT driver. I can also make an Envy24 (non HT) driver after that (actually required for my Delta 44).

Wish me luck!

audiodriverwriter, thank you for your help. I know like a lot of people here that a soundcard like a juli@ can do miracles with osx, so i guess it's worth the wait... Anyway, good luck for your DAW, and i wish to see you there soon !

Thanks again !

Ps: Little question : would a juli@ work with this envy24 driver or not ?

Ps: Little question : would a juli@ work with this envy24 driver or not ?

Yes, the Envy24HT driver will work for Terratec Aureon Sky and Space, Phase22 and 28,

M-Audio Revolution 5.1/7.1 and ESI Juli.

The Envy24 driver will work for M-Audio Delta 44, 66 and 1010 LT and Terratec Phase 88 cards. Delta 66 support may perhaps only be analogue.

At least, these are the cards that work with my drivers on AmigaOS4.

I have an Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 XT card, which is also an VIA ICE1724(ENVY24HT)card.

I hope this card also will be supported in your driver.

I will send you the required materials if you need any and test it for you.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the Envy24HT driver will work for Terratec Aureon Sky and Space, Phase22 and 28,

M-Audio Revolution 5.1/7.1 and ESI Juli.

The Envy24 driver will work for M-Audio Delta 44, 66 and 1010 LT and Terratec Phase 88 cards. Delta 66 support may perhaps only be analogue.

At least, these are the cards that work with my drivers on AmigaOS4.

Yesssss, i waiting for making killer psytrance on my killer envy chip.

i bought my terratec Aureon Sky 5.1 for 12 dollar in a used computer shop. The seller dont know what is this, he think this is same like sb ive 5.1, because "5.1":( and i bought for same price like sb live pffff:) If this card work with osx than i have a very cheap logic 8 base:)

Audiowriter!

Do you need beta testers for your DAW(ubuntu+win+osx)?

I know these DAWs:(used for long time): logic from 5-8, Cubase/Nuendo, Sony Acid, Synapse Orion, Reason, Ableton and a try many others, but not using for long time, like: Reaper, Pro tools, FL studio, bla bla. And billion of Instuments and effects(commercial and free too)

Avarage tracks in one song: 60-80 (6-10 instrument and the others are effect chanels(audio with 1-4 effects)

145-180bpm/ 24bit/48khz

So if you need beta tester for extreme using of this, i am here. I like to try always new stuffs, because every DAW have litle diffrent in the concept and ideas.

Sorry for my english!;)

Booom!

DMX6Fire 24/96 here ready to test if nescessary (A)

Sorry, the DMX6Fire and AudioTrak cards were not supported by my drivers and therefore won't be (initially at least) on OSX. The Envy24(HT) may be all the same, but the actual codecs (AKM or Wolfson etc.) may be different and may be differently connected. For example, the Envy24HT has 23 GPIO's (general purpose pins) that can be configured differently for each card. Some cards create I2C lines from a couple of GPIO's, others don't require these.

So, it's certainly not impossible that these will be supported in future, but not initially.

That said, I have started looking at the example audio driver code and reading the docs from Apple.

i bought my terratec Aureon Sky 5.1 for 12 dollar in a used computer shop. The seller dont know what is this, he think this is same like sb ive 5.1, because "5.1":) and i bought for same price like sb live pffff:) If this card work with osx than i have a very cheap logic 8 base:)

Do you need beta testers for your DAW(ubuntu+win+osx)?

Booom!

Yes, the Aureon Sky is pretty good indeed.

I have a couple of beta testers for my software, but I can always use more. Note that this is not going to be anywhere comparable to the big apps. It's meant as a low-cost (say 40 euro) application, please have a look here for an older screenshot on OSX:

http://www.audio-evolution.com/pics/AE5osx.png

It currently doesn't have MIDI sequencing and therefore no VSTi support (it has VST fx support though).

Some great progress today: I am working on the driver's initialization code and it seems to be communicating well with the Envy24HT chip since my IOlog says "Phase22 found!" and that's the card that is currently in my machine! I'm very happy with this progress!

Hopefully tomorrow I will get around to setting up the DMA engine and playing something through it! With this first phase done, I'm confident I'll get this working. I'll keep you posted! :wacko: