BCM5722, BCM5754/M, BCM5755/M, BCM5787/M and BCM5906/M NIC driver (32/64-bit)

adlan

251 posts in this topic

I make some tests. Bad driver. I use patched AppleBCM5701Ethernet for eth.

Broadcom 57765-B0:

Name: Ethernet

Type: Ethernet Controller

Bus: PCI

Slot: Built-In

Vendor ID: 0x14e4

Device ID: 0x16b1

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x17aa

Subsystem ID: 0x3975

Revision ID: 0x0010

Link Width: x1

BSD name: en0

Kext name: AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext

mDNS offload capable: dc:0e:a1:e0:82:ea

Version: 3.6.9b2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just done a clean install of Mavericks and i made sure i downloaded the latest drive for the BCM5906M now in 10.8.4 it was working without issues but in 10.9 nothing its. All i see in console is

18/11/2013 21:29:23.000 kernel[0]: my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Failed to register interrupt source

and

18/11/2013 21:38:44.263 com.apple.kextcache[483]: kext my.name.adlan.BCM5722D  203059000 is in exception list, allowing to load

Any ideas on getting this Lan card working in Mavericks ??? thanks in advance

Hi all just done a clean install of Mavericks and i made sure i downloaded the latest drive for the BCM5906M now in 10.8.4 it was working without issues but in 10.9 nothing its. All i see in console is

18/11/2013 21:29:23.000 kernel[0]: my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Failed to register interrupt source

and

18/11/2013 21:38:44.263 com.apple.kextcache[483]: kext my.name.adlan.BCM5722D  203059000 is in exception list, allowing to load

Any ideas on getting this Lan card working in Mavericks ??? thanks in advance

seems the problem with permissions. Did you try to load without cashes. Or to lunch kext utility?

• 2 months later...

Hey, I've just turned my Dell xps 8300 into a hackintosh with great success. However, using this Ethernet driver results in upload cut outs.

For instance, if I am streaming an mp3 from my SMB file server, it tends to stop every minute or so for a couple of seconds. Looking at network utility, it will also give me a receive error. For some odd reason, Videos stream fine but my music library always cuts out and the pauses between tracks are longer than they should be.

Also browsing the SMB share is a little slow, every new request for a folder listing tends to take forever. Model is BCM57788 NetLink Gigabit Ethernet, according to Network Utility.

It also only connects at 100MBit, although my Powerline Adapters are suppsoed to be all 500MBps :)

Is it worth trying the patched AppleBCM5701Ethernet method?

Thanks for any advice

Hey, I've just turned my Dell xps 8300 into a hackintosh with great success. However, using this Ethernet driver results in upload cut outs.

For instance, if I am streaming an mp3 from my SMB file server, it tends to stop every minute or so for a couple of seconds. Looking at network utility, it will also give me a receive error. For some odd reason, Videos stream fine but my music library always cuts out and the pauses between tracks are longer than they should be.

Also browsing the SMB share is a little slow, every new request for a folder listing tends to take forever. Model is BCM57788 NetLink Gigabit Ethernet, according to Network Utility.

It also only connects at 100MBit, although my Powerline Adapters are suppsoed to be all 500MBps :)

Is it worth trying the patched AppleBCM5701Ethernet method?

Thanks for any advice

It's probably not a driver issue but a known weakness of Apple's SMB implementation. In order to resolve SMB performance issues set

net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack: 2

using sysctl. Also check the servers network configuration.

Please keep in mind that Ethernet doesn't support 500MBps, only 10, 100 and 1000, and if your Powerline adapters don't support gigabit speed you're limited to FE.

You can try to patch Apple's driver but I don't think this will work. According to Broadcom's Programmer's Guide your BCM57788 is not a member of the BCM57785 family.

Mieze

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. You are right, the adaptor is sold as 500mps but will only connect up to 100mps as the device doesn't have a gigabit ethernet port.... who comes up with this stuff?!?!?! 

Anyway, I will try what you suggested. Still new to all this, so just incase i mess something up what is the default setting of that value?

Thanks again

edit: found it's 3. No probs. Streaming some music now at 2... still stopping every now and again. Browsing the SMB share is still pretty naff. Vielen Dank fur die hilfe sowieso!

Anyway, I will try what you suggested. Still new to all this, so just incase i mess something up what is the default setting of that value?

The client version of OS X uses 3 as a default, while OS X Server and Windows use 2.

Mieze

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am trying to get BCM5784M working with no success so far
by using version 2.3.5 ML_BCM5722D.kext downloaded from this thread.
(page 7, Alex Auditore Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:23 PM)

The error I get is the following:
02/03/2014 12:29:56.000 kernel[0]: BCM5722D (Build date/time: Jun 24 2013 12:24:10)
02/03/2014 12:29:56.000 kernel[0]: my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Failed to register interrupt source

I installed the kext as Alex Auditore suggested by using Kext_Utility v2.5.6 and rebooted
"seems the problem with permissions. Did you try to load without cashes. Or to lunch kext utility"

The card works perfectly in linux, so I assume I should not miles away from getting this hardware
working in MacOSX, right? Any suggestions please?

Some background information:

(1)
BCM5784M Gigabit Ethernet (deviceid=0x1698 vendor=0x14e4)

(2)
Acer Aspire 7738G
Q9000
8GB RAM

(3)
Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (12F37)

(4)
booting through Chameleon, content of org.chameleon.Boot.plist as follows
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v -f PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 DSDT=null</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

Some hardware info taken from linux

BCM5784_part1_zps4ba76578.png

BCM5784_part2_zps574c4859.png

@hjudT: Looks like you managed to disable MSI completely on our machine. Not a single device has a MSI attached to it. What did you do?

Next, you should rethink your kernel flags.

<string>-v -f PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 DSDT=null</string>

In order to boot ML you only need one flag

<string>slide=0</string>

-v might be helpful too, but is not essential. -f is only needed in case of an emergency when your machine doesn't boot without. 

Mieze

Hi Mieze,

Thanks for your quick response. The BIOS of this machine has been modified to enable the VT-X menus, and also the DSDT has been patched

If interested, here are the details (I am running BIOS1.13 MOD)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/480992-acer-laptop-phoenix-bios-bios-mod-request-3-print.html

Perhaps during the patching they managed to disable MSI completely. I would like to keep this BIOS as it gives VT-X, but

from your answer I understand I also need MSI to be present.

Question:

Is it something that can be done by comparing the original vs patched BIOS, extract a DSDT from the machine with DSDT Editor,

add the missing info and boot with DSDT=<name-of-the-cooked-file>.aml   ??

Hi Mieze,

Thanks for your quick response. The BIOS of this machine has been modified to enable the VT-X menus, and also the DSDT has been patched

If interested, here are the details (I am running BIOS1.13 MOD)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/480992-acer-laptop-phoenix-bios-bios-mod-request-3-print.html

Perhaps during the patching they managed to disable MSI completely. I would like to keep this BIOS as it gives VT-X, but

from your answer I understand I also need MSI to be present.

Question:

Is it something that can be done by comparing the original vs patched BIOS, extract a DSDT from the machine with DSDT Editor,

add the missing info and boot with DSDT=<name-of-the-cooked-file>.aml   ??

Although I don't know what they did to the BIOS I couldn't imagine that someone disabled MSI completely on purpose because it would set back the system architecture by at least one decade. Every modern OS relies on MSI instead of the old school interrupt scheme. 

First, I would clean up the boot flags, next check the BIOS settings again and finally take a look at the DSDT.

Mieze