DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

I get a strange error when trying to patch my DSDT on MacOSX:

I can successfully (or at least thats what the program says) patch on Windows, but the DSDT causes "CPU 1 has no HPET assigned to it...", but HPET is activated and in 64bit mode. This error is gone if i remove the DSDT.

MB: GBT-P35-DS3R (rev. 2.1)-F13

CPU: Intel C2D E8400

boot: chameleon rc5

OSX: Lion (Final)

Use clean install

READ THE FIRST POST

Hi Maldon,

I didn't find my laptop model dell xps l502x in the dsdt auto patcher tool. Please send me the patched dsdt file. Attaching the send_me.zip file.

dsdt.koundinya_avk.zip

Any idea how to disable a device using DSDT such that it does not draw power ?

I want to disable the Dedicated GPU of my laptop as it is not usable under OSX. It is listed as "PEG0" in my DSDT.

remove device

try it

Thx man really appriciate it. Will test it now.

No i don't think it ICH6 here are the specs: http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/produ...recn_690_en.pdf

If you need more plz tell me :) THANK YOU!

ESB2

use it

dsdt.Jack_Donker.zip

@MaLd0n,

Thanks for clearing that up so those are the only name changes to what mimic a Mac DSDT?

I looked at my vanilla DSDT and I see a whole section missing?

Device (MEM)

There is a lot of script under that device, is this no longer needed?

I also noticed on the PX40 (LPCB) there is no method nor DTGP injection just wondering why?

Hi,

could you please make me a DSDT for my laptop?

I have a HP Probook 4530s with a Core i3 and Atheros wireless card.

Thank you very much,

František Nesveda

dsdt.Franti__ek_Nesveda.zip

Hi MaLd0n, thanks for your DSDT files

I have Asus P5K motherboard flashed with P5KR BIOS to enable ACHI

Which DSDT file from Auto-Patcher should i choose?

send me complete files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

@MaLd0n,

Thanks for clearing that up so those are the only name changes to what mimic a Mac DSDT?

I looked at my vanilla DSDT and I see a whole section missing?

Device (MEM)

There is a lot of script under that is this device no longer needed?

not used by OSX

look it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=92962

only essencial devices

My Mobo Gigabyte P35

but no difference

same result

@MaLd0n,

Thanks again I am not questioning you in any way. Your DSDTs are flawless I just needed to know so I can relay to the person who did their own DSDT and explain to him. I told him just to use your auto patcher which I think he will now.

He Said he got a kernel panic with AppleTyMCEDriver.kext after a lion install using the MaPro3,1 smbios. What he did is used the iMAC9,1 smbios did the Lion install then deleted the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and applied the macPro3,1 smbios.

I wonder if the Device (mem) in his DSDT caused some kind of conflict with this driver since it a memory type driver? I did not see any issue with this driver in my install of Lion, but then again he has version 1.0 and I have version 1.4 of this motherboard.

Last question I noticed that device injection with DTGP is not inserted for my PX40 (LPCB) is that because this device is seen by Mac without injection?

@MaLd0n,

Thanks again I am not questioning you in any way. Your DSDTs are flawless I just needed to know so I can relay to the person who did their own DSDT and explain to him. I told him just to use your auto patcher which I think he will now.

He Said he got a kernel panic with AppleTyMCEDriver.kext after a lion install using the MaPro3,1 smbios. What he did is used the iMAC9,1 smbios did the Lion install then deleted the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and applied the macPro3,1 smbios.

I wonder if the Device (mem) in his DSDT caused some kind of conflict with this driver since it a memory type driver? I did not see any issue with this driver in my install of Lion, but then again he has version 1.0 and I have version 1.4 of this motherboard.

Last question I noticed that device injection with DTGP is not inserted for my PX40 (LPCB) is that because this device is seen by Mac without injection?

Nehalem ECC RAM support, could be used for more, will have to explore more. Problem with SMBIOS's identifying model as MacPro4,1, if so then make sure to delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, not needed for 90% of systems anyway.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102

I have this KernelPanic when using MacPro4 SMBIOS

use a disabler for this

remove device

try it

Nah! The GPU still shows up in System Profiler as earlier. I deleted its kexts & some battery life has increased.

But totally disabling it would be muh better.

I read somewhere that to disable a device, you need to add _STA method which should return 0. The thread did not have proper syntax of how to do that.

Also can you help adding HPET fix in my DSDT such that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext can be used ? I tried the fix given in DSDTSE but stil get KP with the kext. I am using OSX Lion.

dsdt.aml.zip

remove video device in DSDT

As I said earlier, that did not work. I deleted the whole "PEG0" but the device still shows up in System Profiler.

My sole motive is to increase battery life of my laptop. I get solid 3.5hrs in Windows but not even 2hrs in OSX. Any pointers on increasing battery life would help.

As I said earlier, that did not work. I deleted the whole "PEG0" but the device still shows up in System Profiler.

My sole motive is to increase battery life of my laptop. I get solid 3.5hrs in Windows but not even 2hrs in OSX. Any pointers on increasing battery life would help.

look at the ioreg

you must be deleting the wrong device

I clicked in DSDT Auto-Patcher on Not Present? and filed in P5N72-T Premium

How do I get that DSDT now? Or do you need to make it? If you did could you upload it here?

THANK YOU SO MUTCH FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!

I clicked in DSDT Auto-Patcher on Not Present? and filed in P5N72-T Premium

How do I get that DSDT now? Or do you need to make it? If you did could you upload it here?

THANK YOU SO MUTCH FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!

send me complete files

see the first post

Hi, MaLd0n,

I use Asus U80V and didn't find it in Auto-Patcher. Could you please help me patch my dsdt.

The problem is it can't sleep. When I apply the dsdt that I patched myself, I was able to sleep but then it could't wake, the fan started to run but the screen remained black.

My patched dsdt: dsdt.aml.zip

and my original dsdt: send_me.zip

If you could fix my patched dsdt, it will be better. If not, it's okie.

Thanks

Hi, MaLd0n,

I use Asus U80V and didn't find it in Auto-Patcher. Could you please help me patch my dsdt.

The problem is it can't sleep. When I apply the dsdt that I patched myself, I was able to sleep but then it could't wake, the fan started to run but the screen remained black.

My patched dsdt: dsdt.aml.zip

and my original dsdt: send_me.zip

If you could fix my patched dsdt, it will be better. If not, it's okie.

Thanks

send me original DSDT

extract from Windows

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225991

Thanks a million for my Probook 4530s DSDT! It's working fine. I'm pretty stunned at the amount of work you are constantly putting in here. I don't believe I've ever seen anything like this done on a public forum so relentlessly (and for free).

Many of us are curious to know- how often do you update the patcher and when might the next one be released? The users with my lappie have been messing around with our DSDTs but we're nub cakes so we obviously aren't making super fast headway as far as editing it.

Also, I used your hackboot CD and our laptop just reboots when we try to load anything with it. Dunno if you care much and I don't guess I do since I have a working USB solution. I just thought I'd mention it and see if you knew any magic tricks.

Once again thanks a million! You sir are amazing. I bet apple would have a cow knowing how easy you are helping to making hackintoshing for the average joe.

EDIT: Also- I've tried to add http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&a...mp;hilit=HD3000 to my dsdt and get a compile error with DSDTSE that says " 1: ACIP {Error 4096 - PARSEOP_NAMESEG, Expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK"

I get that error even before I do any modifications and just use the one you gave me.

With the the other DSDT editor with syntax highlighting etc, I get 201 different errors and 10 optimizations.

Thanks a million for my Probook 4530s DSDT! It's working fine. I'm pretty stunned at the amount of work you are constantly putting in here. I don't believe I've ever seen anything like this done on a public forum so relentlessly (and for free).

Many of us are curious to know- how often do you update the patcher and when might the next one be released? The users with my lappie have been messing around with our DSDTs but we're nub cakes so we obviously aren't making super fast headway as far as editing it.

Also, I used your hackboot CD and our laptop just reboots when we try to load anything with it. Dunno if you care much and I don't guess I do since I have a working USB solution. I just thought I'd mention it and see if you knew any magic tricks.

Once again thanks a million! You sir are amazing. I bet apple would have a cow knowing how easy you are helping to making hackintoshing for the average joe.

EDIT: Also- I've tried to add http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&a...mp;hilit=HD3000 to my dsdt and get a compile error with DSDTSE that says " 1: ACIP {Error 4096 - PARSEOP_NAMESEG, Expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK"

I get that error even before I do any modifications and just use the one you gave me.

With the the other DSDT editor with syntax highlighting etc, I get 201 different errors and 10 optimizations.

I also get this problem james, even compiling a freshly extracted DSDT. It isn't just dsdt, I also used terminal.

Also, MaLd0n, I would say please don't incorporate that patch into the patcher until people have tested it with our card, since we don't know how it affects it. Also, there are some versions of our laptop that don't have the atheros 9285, so would it be possible to also have a DSDT called 4530s alternate or something that leaves out the DSDT fix for that card? Or will it not matter?