DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

Been a while since I posted... figured I would drop a line and say thanks again for all the help with my system before.

Despite being swamped with things I managed to snag 3 22" 1080p lcds ... so am taking advantage of my GTX460 SLI in windows and lion finally. Will post a pic of it later :P

with the new video driver in 10.7.1 cinebench no longer chokes either.

The odd thing I never got around to is, even after patching the powermanagement to work with my setup, restart works and shutdown shuts down , but still leaves the computer on but in a dead state, no video and just fans running. sleep doesn't sleep either, video stays up and then the system becomes unresponsive.... any idea?

I tried to donate to the cause but paypal was telling me I couldn't send money to brazil... any other ideas on that as well? :P

i love nvidia... playing crysis 2 on ultra settings with high res/texture pack at 5760x1080 across 3 lcds makes me think i didn't just toss money away on a crazy build after all :)

use Auto-Patcher + Extra Folder + Chameleon RC5 + VoodooHda + Voodoobatery + VoodooPS2

Use search forum

First, I had used Auto-Patcher to procure my present dsdt.aml file for my model, but as I had posted the other day, was not sure if my notebook's model was included based upon information generated by it a few months back, before I had modded my BIOS So, still not sure if the BIOS mod changed anything that would require or at least, suggest that a change be made to the dsdt.aml file to take the BIOS Mod into account. Do I need to use a different dsdt.aml file than the one included within Auto-Patcher's database for my model, which I presume was included from your provision of a dsdt.aml file months ago before I had my BIOS modded to provide for AHCI and VT???

Second, I already have an Extra Folder, so I am not clear on what your quick reference to it is intended to communicate. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "Extra Folder"?

As to Chameleon RC5, VoodooHDA, VoodooBattery and VoodooPS2, I understand, you are suggesting that I use the newer version of Chameleon beyond RC4 (any particular build being best for my Vaio notebook?) which was installed through Nawcom's ModCD, and those kexts should be inserted into my /Extra/Extensions folder. Are you suggesting that I will not need any of the other kexts initially installed by Nawcom's ModCD installation method, as currently, I have:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext;

ApplePS2Controller.kext (I assume you want me to replace this with VoodooPS2);

BroadcomWiFiInjector.kext;

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext;

fakesmc.kext (Isn't this kext always required?);

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext;

IOATAFamily.kext;

IONetworkingFamily.kext AND LegacyAppleYukon2.kext (I assume that these two kexts were supposed to recognize my Marvell Yukon 88E8055 Ethernet controller, but it is not recognized);

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext;

TotallyFixStillWaiting.kext; and

VoodooBattery.kext (I understand that you are telling me to include this kext and the others listed in your posting to me).

Please accept my explanation that my questions posed to you are not intended to annoy nor bother you. I hope that you understand that there are no specific posts on InsanelyMac Forum that answer these questions for my specific notebook computer and its specific components (my nVidia graphics - 8600M GT 512MB has an apparent LVDS shortcoming which noone working on similar issue has been able to resolve for a notebook computer's internal monitor). Consequently, "use search forum" really doesn't provide me much guidance, as I routinely do conduct searches, I check new posts when visiting the site using the button on the top of the webpage, and then ask questions by posting if I cannot find any helpful information that provides me advice on how to resolve issues with my specific system.

So, again, I apologize if you feel that I am attempting to barrage you with questions as a Noob, I am not. I am asking the EXPERT in DSDT matters, for help with my system after getting it to the point where I can go no further with my knowledge, which is far more limited than yours.

So that you have a better picture of my background, knowledge and experience, I have been working (and playing) with computers since 1978 while in high school, and was a Computer Science major initially at college back in the early 1980's right before IBM came out with their PC XT and PC AT models. Primarily, I was working with mainframes, batch cards and green screened monitors. After graduating from college, I went to law school and have not "worked" with computers, other than teaching my daughters how to build their own computers, install various distributions of linux on them (or help me, MS Windows if need be) and have them fix and upgrade the components with me. For the last 1.5 years, I have been regularly visiting this website and others to learn about OSX on PCs, and indeed I even have a few Apple MacPro computers at my office and at home.

Sorry for the rant, but I felt that you were feeling offended that a Noob was just asking you to spoon feed him answers. I am not a Noob, but definitely not able to follow your short response, "use search forum".

I would not object to others with answers to my questions chiming in, as I understand it should not just fall upon you. I would welcome their guidance also, but know that primarily, everything DSDT related falls into your lap.

With regards and respect (but lacking your expertise), I remain,

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida

Wow, good job here, but a little bit too much information for me.

I dont know where to begin...

- Black screen after sleep (Monitor wont wake up)

- I tried SMC Monitor -> no Values, i thing p and c state problem.

So I run the "run_me.zip" and perhaps you can tell me what to do.

send_me.zip

Hey Maldon,

thx for the DSDT.aml of ASUS P6T WS Professional. It does work well in 10.6.8, 10.7 and 10.7.1.

Here I have a DSDT.dsl (extracted under Windows 7) and a send.me ("run.me" under OS X 10.6.8, bootet with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) from a notebook "Samsung P480-Pro Paris" which does belong to my sister.

Could you please make a patched DSDT.aml for that notebook?

Thx in advance for your great help!

A question: I had to use Voodoo driver for the internal keyboard and the internal touchpad of this notebook. Is this Voodoo driver only 32 Bit and does prevent me, to boot the kernel in 64 Bit mode?

DSDT.dsl.zip

send_me.zip

Been a while since I posted... figured I would drop a line and say thanks again for all the help with my system before.

Despite being swamped with things I managed to snag 3 22" 1080p lcds ... so am taking advantage of my GTX460 SLI in windows and lion finally. Will post a pic of it later :)

with the new video driver in 10.7.1 cinebench no longer chokes either.

The odd thing I never got around to is, even after patching the powermanagement to work with my setup, restart works and shutdown shuts down , but still leaves the computer on but in a dead state, no video and just fans running. sleep doesn't sleep either, video stays up and then the system becomes unresponsive.... any idea?

I tried to donate to the cause but paypal was telling me I couldn't send money to brazil... any other ideas on that as well? :P

i love nvidia... playing crysis 2 on ultra settings with high res/texture pack at 5760x1080 across 3 lcds makes me think i didn't just toss money away on a crazy build after all :)

send me DSDT and kextstat

Mobo?

First, I had used Auto-Patcher to procure my present dsdt.aml file for my model, but as I had posted the other day, was not sure if my notebook's model was included based upon information generated by it a few months back, before I had modded my BIOS So, still not sure if the BIOS mod changed anything that would require or at least, suggest that a change be made to the dsdt.aml file to take the BIOS Mod into account. Do I need to use a different dsdt.aml file than the one included within Auto-Patcher's database for my model, which I presume was included from your provision of a dsdt.aml file months ago before I had my BIOS modded to provide for AHCI and VT???

Second, I already have an Extra Folder, so I am not clear on what your quick reference to it is intended to communicate. Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "Extra Folder"?

As to Chameleon RC5, VoodooHDA, VoodooBattery and VoodooPS2, I understand, you are suggesting that I use the newer version of Chameleon beyond RC4 (any particular build being best for my Vaio notebook?) which was installed through Nawcom's ModCD, and those kexts should be inserted into my /Extra/Extensions folder. Are you suggesting that I will not need any of the other kexts initially installed by Nawcom's ModCD installation method, as currently, I have:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext;

ApplePS2Controller.kext (I assume you want me to replace this with VoodooPS2);

BroadcomWiFiInjector.kext;

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext;

fakesmc.kext (Isn't this kext always required?);

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext;

IOATAFamily.kext;

IONetworkingFamily.kext AND LegacyAppleYukon2.kext (I assume that these two kexts were supposed to recognize my Marvell Yukon 88E8055 Ethernet controller, but it is not recognized);

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext;

TotallyFixStillWaiting.kext; and

VoodooBattery.kext (I understand that you are telling me to include this kext and the others listed in your posting to me).

Please accept my explanation that my questions posed to you are not intended to annoy nor bother you. I hope that you understand that there are no specific posts on InsanelyMac Forum that answer these questions for my specific notebook computer and its specific components (my nVidia graphics - 8600M GT 512MB has an apparent LVDS shortcoming which noone working on similar issue has been able to resolve for a notebook computer's internal monitor). Consequently, "use search forum" really doesn't provide me much guidance, as I routinely do conduct searches, I check new posts when visiting the site using the button on the top of the webpage, and then ask questions by posting if I cannot find any helpful information that provides me advice on how to resolve issues with my specific system.

So, again, I apologize if you feel that I am attempting to barrage you with questions as a Noob, I am not. I am asking the EXPERT in DSDT matters, for help with my system after getting it to the point where I can go no further with my knowledge, which is far more limited than yours.

So that you have a better picture of my background, knowledge and experience, I have been working (and playing) with computers since 1978 while in high school, and was a Computer Science major initially at college back in the early 1980's right before IBM came out with their PC XT and PC AT models. Primarily, I was working with mainframes, batch cards and green screened monitors. After graduating from college, I went to law school and have not "worked" with computers, other than teaching my daughters how to build their own computers, install various distributions of linux on them (or help me, MS Windows if need be) and have them fix and upgrade the components with me. For the last 1.5 years, I have been regularly visiting this website and others to learn about OSX on PCs, and indeed I even have a few Apple MacPro computers at my office and at home.

Sorry for the rant, but I felt that you were feeling offended that a Noob was just asking you to spoon feed him answers. I am not a Noob, but definitely not able to follow your short response, "use search forum".

I would not object to others with answers to my questions chiming in, as I understand it should not just fall upon you. I would welcome their guidance also, but know that primarily, everything DSDT related falls into your lap.

With regards and respect (but lacking your expertise), I remain,

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida

what is your processor?

send me complete files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

Wow, good job here, but a little bit too much information for me.

I dont know where to begin...

- Black screen after sleep (Monitor wont wake up)

- I tried SMC Monitor -> no Values, i thing p and c state problem.

So I run the "run_me.zip" and perhaps you can tell me what to do.

send_me.zip

what is your motherboard?

Hey Maldon,

thx for the DSDT.aml of ASUS P6T WS Professional. It does work well in 10.6.8, 10.7 and 10.7.1.

Here I have a DSDT.dsl (extracted under Windows 7) and a send.me ("run.me" under OS X 10.6.8, bootet with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) from a notebook "Samsung P480-Pro Paris" which does belong to my sister.

Could you please make a patched DSDT.aml for that notebook?

Thx in advance for your great help!

A question: I had to use Voodoo driver for the internal keyboard and the internal touchpad of this notebook. Is this Voodoo driver only 32 Bit and does prevent me, to boot the kernel in 64 Bit mode?

dsdt.Kibitz.zip

what happens to ASUS P6T WS Professional?

Hi!

can you path dsdt for Asus k53sj ??

DSDT

Thanks!

send me complete files

see the first post

Could You Please ADD DSDT on Your DSDT Auto Patcher for Intel DG43GT

send me complete files

see the first post

hi! can you compile these Toshiba A300 DSDT? THx!!! :)

send me complete files

see the first post

DSDT Patch Required for Intel DG43GT

ALC888S Audio

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 But I am Using Nvida 9500 GT (Seems like GraphicsEnabler=Yes Not Doing Perfect OUTPUT )

Intel® G43 Express Chipset

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 Processor

I Have Requested a DSDT from You Previously But it didn't Enable Sleep Function and Also I had to Use the Following Kexts in /E/E/ to Boot The System (SATA Configured in AHCI Mode) (I Couldn't be Able to Boot the System Without These Kexts)

ACPIMonitor

FakeSMC

IntelCPUMonitor

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

JMicron36xATA

JMicron36xeSATA

JMicron36xSATA

AHCIPortInjector

NullCPUPowerManagement

Disabler

ATAPortInjector

and also When Providing DSDT Please Denote The Kexts That I Should USE In Order To Boot The System

(Please note that DSDT for DG43GT is Not included in your DSDT Auto Patcher Application )

Hope you Would Help

Thanks

send_me.zip

ALC888S Audio

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 But I am Using Nvida 9500 GT (Seems like GraphicsEnabler=Yes Not Doing Perfect OUTPUT )

I Have Requested a DSDT from You Previously But it didn't Enable Sleep Function and Also I had to Use the Following Kexts in /E/E/ to Boot The System (SATA Configured in AHCI Mode) (I Couldn't be Able to Boot the System Without These Kexts)

ACPIMonitor

FakeSMC

IntelCPUMonitor

JMicron36xATA

JMicron36xeSATA

JMicron36xSATA

AHCIPortInjector

NullCPUPowerManagement

Disabler

ATAPortInjector

and also When Providing DSDT Please Denote The Kexts That I Should USE In Order To Boot The System

(Please note that DSDT for DG43GT is Not included in your DSDT Auto Patcher Application )

Hope you Would Help

Thanks

DSDT is not original

Hi there!

I cannot compile using DSDTse. It gives me an error. I have a 4530s, 2GB RAM, i3 cpu intel hd 3000. What i need is brightness control, sleep, speestep cpu, and wifi. Can you help me please? I have extracted .dsl using DSDTse. Thx! :)

send me complete files

see the first post

Add send_me.zip Toshiba A300 Laptop!! Thx already :P

dsdt.pasha_infest.zip

DSDT is not original

send me complete files

see the first post

dsdt.pasha_infest.zip

running 10.7.1

Hi there!

I cannot compile using DSDTse. It gives me an error. I have a 4530s, 2GB RAM, i3 cpu intel hd 3000. What i need is brightness control, sleep, speestep cpu, and wifi. Can you help me please? I have extracted .dsl using DSDTse. Thx! :)

send_me.zip

send_me.zip

Hi there!

dsdt.mormope.zip

can i request dsdt for biostar th67+ for snow leopard and lion?

i use HD4850

tq

Send me files

see the first post

what is your motherboard?

Oh, I´m sorry.

My Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 with Bios Version F4. My current dsdt.aml is from Tonymac DSDT Database for the F3 Bios.

CPU: Core i5 2500K

GPU: MSI 4850 1GB OC

Sorry Last Time I Didn't Remove DSDT from EFI Partition Now IT is OK

ALC888S Audio

ACPIMonitor

FakeSMC

IntelCPUMonitor

JMicron36xATA

JMicron36xeSATA

JMicron36xSATA

AHCIPortInjector

NullCPUPowerManagement

Disabler

ATAPortInjector

Hope you Would Help

Thanks

send_me.zip

Oh, I´m sorry.

My Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 with Bios Version F4. My current dsdt.aml is from Tonymac DSDT Database for the F3 Bios.

CPU: Core i5 2500K

GPU: MSI 4850 1GB OC

dsdt.1981.zip

Sorry Last Time I Didn't Remove DSDT from EFI Partition Now IT is OK

ALC888S Audio

ACPIMonitor

FakeSMC

IntelCPUMonitor

JMicron36xATA

JMicron36xeSATA

JMicron36xSATA

AHCIPortInjector

NullCPUPowerManagement

Disabler

ATAPortInjector

Hope you Would Help

Thanks

dsdt.Niresh12.zip

Hi,

here is my sendme.zip

I have a problem with my ATI HD 4870 512MB VideoCard

The QE/CE will not work and the resolution max is 1024x786 32bit

That is very poor

Mike

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223213

MOBO?

Thx Maldon, ASUS P6T WS Professsional does work well :P