5,753 posts in this topic

10.6/10.6.7

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

10.6.8/Lion

ioreg -lw0 | grep AICPMVers

If that is meant for me, it gives

"AICPMVers" = 19136773

Is that what I want?

Also, will the auto dsdt patcher give the exact same dsdt you gave? I have made several things work, and I am wondering now for when I upgrade ram and have to make new dsdt if it will come out the same.

I would like to install OS X Snow Leopard at a mainboard, which is not supported yet by your DSDT Auto-Patcher. It is the mainboard ASUS P6T WS Professional with socket 1366 and chipset X58. I did install most recent BIOS 2003. When I will extract a DSDT.dsl within Windows and will upload it here, would you be so kind, to put that mainboard to your DSDT Auto-Patcher?

Please tell me, what you need from me. Thank you!

I would like to install OS X Snow Leopard at a mainboard, which is not supported yet by your DSDT Auto-Patcher. It is the mainboard ASUS P6T WS Professional with socket 1366 and chipset X58. I did install most recent BIOS 2003. When I will extract a DSDT.dsl within Windows and will upload it here, would you be so kind, to put that mainboard to your DSDT Auto-Patcher?

Please tell me, what you need from me. Thank you!

send me files

Alright thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, I have almost everything working. Just out of curiosity, about how often do you release updates?

one week

I'll "lay" some new patches on the server :)

MaLd0n

Hello

You did me a dsdt file before which has been working great, i have just installed a new graphics card and for some reason sleep is not working anymore. Do i need to edit the dsdt file based on the new card

Thanks Pintglass

Nope

what happens to sleep?

I've re read that whole brightness thread and I saw nothing definitive about making it work. And no other google results are super helpful. Do you know how to?

use the topic

ask your questions ;)

Hey Mald0n i've seen that you have patched a DSDT for a HP Probook 4530S I3.

Mine is an I5, with a dual GPU. (Intel 3000 & 6490m).

The Ati card is not recognized (It is showed in system profiler as "Generic Display").

Problems = Sometimes VoodooBattery Crash, No speedster (No HPET fix... i've used Lion_Speedstepper patch, added GenerateCState and Pstate and deleted nullcpupowerdisabler.kext. than i refreshed cache, rebooted and it work but i don't really know if speedstep is enabled (How to check?).

Also, my brightness control doesn't work (as the other guy with 4530S i3).

My spec:

8GB of ram 1333mhz

ATI 6490m + Intel 3000 HD

I5 2430m 2,30@

Can you please add any possible fix in DSDT? i've dumped it from linux then i used the script to send it to you. (Also, it doesn't compile correctly. it shows errors...)

one other question... Why in this laptop the DSDT show already the piece of code for HPET, HDEF without any patch? (They're not working probably, but already there.)

Is it because it's an EFI Bios?

Thanks for the effort you're putting this project. If you need, i can test some fix for you of the 4530s

send_me.zip

Hey Mald0n i've seen that you have patched a DSDT for a HP Probook 4530S I3.

Mine is an I5, with a dual GPU. (Intel 3000 & 6490m).

The Ati card is not recognized (It is showed in system profiler as "Generic Display").

Problems = Sometimes VoodooBattery Crash, No speedster (No HPET fix... i've used Lion_Speedstepper patch, added GenerateCState and Pstate and deleted nullcpupowerdisabler.kext. than i refreshed cache, rebooted and it work but i don't really know if speedstep is enabled (How to check?).

Also, my brightness control doesn't work (as the other guy with 4530S i3).

My spec:

8GB of ram 1333mhz

ATI 6490m + Intel 3000 HD

I5 2430m 2,30@

Can you please add any possible fix in DSDT? i've dumped it from linux then i used the script to send it to you. (Also, it doesn't compile correctly. it shows errors...)

one other question... Why in this laptop the DSDT show already the piece of code for HPET, HDEF without any patch? (They're not working probably, but already there.)

Is it because it's an EFI Bios?

Thanks for the effort you're putting this project. If you need, i can test some fix for you of the 4530s

dsdt.Masso912.zip

USE THE SEARCH FORUM

Hey Maldon,

I updated my system, played around with it a bit.

Acer M5800

Need to get my Ethernet and video card working (GeForce GT230 1.5GB)

Can you resend me a custom DSDT.

Thanks in advance!

use same DSDT

Video

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Ethernet

use kext

Hey, I made a discovery.

Before putting laptop to sleep, brightness has 3 settings (as in like 3 levels of brightness) and wifi works. After sleep, wifi must be turned off and back on, and brightness fully functions(has 16 different levels).

I assume this has something to do with how sleep is treated in the DSDT, any ideas for either of them?

Hey, I made a discovery.

Before putting laptop to sleep, brightness has 3 settings (as in like 3 levels of brightness) and wifi works. After sleep, wifi must be turned off and back on, and brightness fully functions(has 16 different levels).

I assume this has something to do with how sleep is treated in the DSDT, any ideas for either of them?

I have no idea

use search forum

Hey Maldon,

I updated my system

My Lion 10.7

Asus K53SV Series Notebook

Video Adapter Intel® HD 3000 Graphics Family (806794 KB)

Network Adapter Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

Audio Adapter Intel HDMI @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [b-3]

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [b-3]

Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Need to get full support.

I sent my DSDT export by AIDA and your send_me.zip file . My Lion 10.7.

Can you send me a patched DSDT?

Thanks in advance!

send_me.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

Hey Maldon,

I updated my system

My Lion 10.7

Asus K53SV Series Notebook

Video Adapter Intel® HD 3000 Graphics Family (806794 KB)

Network Adapter Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

Audio Adapter Intel HDMI @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [b-3]

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [b-3]

Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Need to get full support.

I sent my DSDT export by AIDA and your send_me.zip file . My Lion 10.7.

Can you send me a patched DSDT?

Thanks in advance!

dsdt.HauPhuc.zip

I have no idea

use search forum

I searched and it didn't turn up anything very helpful. I also started a topic.

But is there a section in the DSDT where after laptop is woken, it might changes stuff, that I can look at?

I searched and it didn't turn up anything very helpful. I also started a topic.

But is there a section in the DSDT where after laptop is woken, it might changes stuff, that I can look at?

:)

You're too lazy to read

Good luck