Samsung R Series Notebooks

derekreid

327 posts in this topic

yes voodooHDA with fix for microphon (edited gain, mix,mic values)...

It may be a reason.

does it matter how osx recognize the system ?

Yes. Read this or better from topic start DSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Generic Scope (_PR)

i checked yout smbios.plist.... mine is quite shorter, is it necessary to add all these values ?

Use only what match your system but you may want to add more keys dapends on your system.

Yes there is a nice alternate Method for VodooHDA. Use a vanilla Soundcard. Mostly professional soundcards are supported OOB.

I finally managed to boot up my Win7 HD to launch CPU Z and get the ACPI Tables from Everest. Big bummer that the external SATA Port isnt recognized for booting. I have two HDs dedicated to Win 7 and OSX so that I end up swapping them whenever I want to boot the other OS.

Whats the best way to lspci -nn? The PCItools V3?

Yes there is a nice alternate Method for VodooHDA. Use a vanilla Soundcard. Mostly professional soundcards are supported OOB.

Most USB sound cards/speakers works oob.

Whats the best way to lspci -nn? The PCItools V3?

You can get it (and more) from here or use Linux live e.g. try this, very easy and useful.

I hope I did it right:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Arrandale DRAM Controller [8086:0044] (rev 12)
00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Arrandale PCI Express x16 Root Port [8086:0045] (rev 12)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host Controller [8086:3b3c] (rev 06)
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak High Definition Audio [8086:3b56] (rev 06)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:3b42] (rev 06)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak PCI Express Root Port 3 [8086:3b46] (rev 06)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak USB2 Enhanced Host Controller [8086:3b34] (rev 06)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev a6)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak LPC Interface Controller [8086:3b09] (rev 06)
00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak 4 port SATA AHCI Controller [8086:3b29] (rev 06)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak SMBus Controller [8086:3b30] (rev 06)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller [1180]: Intel Corporation Ibex Peak Thermal Subsystem [8086:3b32] (rev 06)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0a29] (rev a2)
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0be2] (rev a1)
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:432b] (rev 01)
3f:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-core Registers [8086:2c62] (rev 02)
3f:00.1 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder [8086:2d01] (rev 02)
3f:02.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QPI Link 0 [8086:2d10] (rev 02)
3f:02.1 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation QPI Physical 0 [8086:2d11] (rev 02)
3f:02.2 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:2d12] (rev 02)
3f:02.3 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:2d13] (rev 02)

I commented the EDID out but afterwards I get only a Appledisplay without EDID in there. Humm? I exported the Ioreg after commenting EDID out.

IoregwithoutEDID.zip

i tried to edit my smbios.plist in they way you did. first of all i installed the Mac Book Pro plist from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], then i used CPU-Z with my Win 7 Partition to get all the System Specs...

I get stucked with editing the values in a right way ´cause i can´t find all proper values.

Would be great to get some help, i attached my editied smbiosplist, and the output off cpu-z...

smbios_specs.rar

i tried to edit my smbios.plist in they way you did. first of all i installed the Mac Book Pro plist from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], then i used CPU-Z with my Win 7 Partition to get all the System Specs...

I get stucked with editing the values in a right way ´cause i can´t find all proper values.

Would be great to get some help, i attached my editied smbiosplist, and the output off cpu-z...

Which values exactly? All?

I can't help you if you can't help yourself. More searching and reading.

May be this post (code box) and this and this will help you.

BTW. To fill some values you don't need CPU-Z dump, look at its tabs.

smbios.plist_edited.zip

I hope I did it right:

Very good.

I commented the EDID out but afterwards I get only a Appledisplay without EDID in there. Humm? I exported the Ioreg after commenting EDID out.

Misunderstood. I meant, use your DSDT without my EDID key to check if your is the same one or to get your own (Post #107).

BTW. If you disable VoodooHDA move back stock AppleHDA and then export IORegExpl.

;) Thats what I did actually. I fired up DSDTSE and commented the EDID part out /* and */ as usual so that it turned green. Then I booted and tried to find my EDID but I only get to see the Ioreg I attached. Strange.

If you disable VoodooHDA move back stock AppleHDA and then export IORegExpl.

Roger that.

BTW: My memory gets a correct readout without adding the lines in SMbios. Is it still necessary to be in there?

Do you have Chameleon RC5 installed, AnVal or similar? I cant see the option PMProfile and UpdateACPI in Chameleon Options Documentation.

Merry X-Mas!

Thanks, Merry Xmas!

;) Thats what I did actually. I fired up DSDTSE and commented the EDID part out /* and */ as usual so that it turned green. Then I booted and tried to find my EDID but I only get to see the Ioreg I attached. Strange.

Do something wrong. Your IOReg says that no vga patch (or section is buggy), may be it's a reason why can't find IOdisplayEDID key. Did you decrease (by 2) package size after commenting EDID key out e.g.: Store (Package (0x64) => Store (Package (0x62)?

(btw. open IOreg, go to Preferences' Find tab and check all options if wont it to discover all values during search).

BTW: My memory gets a correct readout without adding the lines in SMbios. Is it still necessary to be in there?

If you get a correct memory readout you don't need to overide it in SMbios.

Do you have Chameleon RC5 installed, AnVal or similar? I cant see the option PMProfile and UpdateACPI in Chameleon Options Documentation.

I'm testng AnVal now.

merry x-mas guys :-)...

@bungo:

i´ve seen you got the same sound, do u have a working method without vodooHDA ? i can´t find a working method

I recognized that my gfx is shown in system profiler as g310m with 512 mb ram, how can i fix it.

(I got it working with grafikenabler=yes in boot.plist, maybe it´s necessary to use another method.)

i´ve seen you got the same sound, do u have a working method without vodooHDA ? i can´t find a working method

Merry Xmas.

Didn't get it yet but hope i'll get it working soon ;)

I recognized that my gfx is shown in system profiler as g310m with 512 mb ram, how can i fix it.

(I got it working with grafikenabler=yes in boot.plist, maybe it´s necessary to use another method.)

What Windows' Nvidia properities says?

merry x-mas guys :-)...

@bungo:

I second that on the alc269 sound issue. Cant use voodoohda due to intermittent KPs. I also have not been able to find another solution - dsdt inject or efi inject. Anyone have another solution?

System - R530 corei3 350m, nvidia 310m, alc269 etc..

ich werde verrückt.hab 100 mal die retail mit dsdt installiert.nix funxioniert.kein speedstep,kein numblock,kein sleep,kein brightness up down.

bin am ende bitte helfen!

hab ohne speedstep in geekbench 5036.aber hot!

cinebench cpu:2.02 gpu:17.6

I second that on the alc269 sound issue. Cant use voodoohda due to intermittent KPs. I also have not been able to find another solution - dsdt inject or efi inject. Anyone have another solution?

System - R530 corei3 350m, nvidia 310m, alc269 etc..

I have the same laptop and I don't have this problem anymore, I deleted the AppleHDA.kext (make a backup first) then on you VoodooHDA info.plist, specify exactly the device id in the IOPCIMatch key (0xDevIDVenID)