Samsung R Series Notebooks

derekreid

327 posts in this topic

@violet7: You said that you have power management and speedstep working by using dumped SSDT-files. Could you please describe this a little more detailed?

I have a R530-Nion with i3 330m CPU and Nvidia 310M...

Thanks in advance

Jörg

@violet7: You said that you have power management and speedstep working by using dumped SSDT-files. Could you please describe this a little more detailed?

I have a R530-Nion with i3 330m CPU and Nvidia 310M...

Thanks in advance

Jörg

if you have win7 or any Y may dump this tables using Evertest it have acpi tool and put them to cham rc5 loader. or I can post my ssdt files here but I have i3 350m. also you may try Chameleon RC5 mode with mem detection enabled and automatic P-States & C-States generation for native power managment

Hi i have the Samsung r580,,

wireless working

camara working

keybord working

but i cant the track pad to work,, any help would be really useful, if anyone knows how i can solve it thanks

i have 10.6.4

Thanks in advance

----- EDIT -----

Hi everyone i got it to work thanks again!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed Snow 10.6.5 vanilla on a Samsung NP-R530-JT01US Specs -

Core i3 350m - recognized w/ 10.6.5 update

nvidia 310m - recognized w/ 10.6.5 update and dsdt inject qeci enabled - no nvenabler kexts

4gb memory

Audio - I think it is realtek chipset - Not working VoodooHDA causes KP. All versions tried. Will need to inject it into dsdt likely. need help on it.

Wireless - Works w/ kext

Camera - works

Sleep and Pm works - sleep is pmset 0 - wakes with power button

keypad - works w/ kext

Latest AnVal Bootloader installed. Speedstep cstates and pstates injected by boot.plist

Only kexts in Extra are Fakesmc and ps2 trackpad kexts. No need for Nullcpupowermgmt kext.

No brightness control

No battery icon even with voodoo battery. Need help on this too.

4728 geekbench

If anyone has ideas for the audio, let me know. Advise on any questions on my config.

Not sure if it's anything that you haven't already tried, but here's the VoodooHDA I use (wonder why you get kernel panic?).

I'd love to be able to get sleep working. Do you think yours works because of the AnVal bootloader?

I did some testing and sleep works with Chameleon 643 and Anval Boot 5.05. Im using the same boot.plist for both.

I did some testing and sleep works with Chameleon 643 and Anval Boot 5.05. Im using the same boot.plist for both.

I updated my test install to 10.6.5 and did get some weird sleep results...unresponsive mouse and the hard disk sounds like it spins down, but the fans are still going and the screen stays on. Power button brings it back. I'll keep playing with it.

Also, I (rarely)get a panic with VoodooHDA sometimes as well...rebuilding the kextcache with -f boot flag seems to fix it.

Dont know what happened here but i'll try again.

Heres how i do it. Your mileage may vary.

Install 10.6 - Reboot -x -v (i have to)

Install 10.6.2 combo - Reboot -x -v

Use pacifist to install IOPLATFORMPLUGINFAMILY.kext from 10.6.4 combo update. I right click and select install to do it.

Reboot -v -x then install 10.6.4 combo. It should run now.

s

Yes, you can definitely install Snow Leopard on the R530. The question is how limited the install will be.

The only problems I have with my R480 (same specs, different size screen I believe) is sleep and mic. I'm pretty hopeful I'll get these working eventually.

So have we found out if Retail Snow Leopard can be installed on the R530? I have i3 2.26Ghz with the GeForce 310M. Great laptop. Would really be sweet if I could get Snow Leopard on it.

I have an R530 with a Core 2 Duo and the same graphic card, everything will work fine except sleep, look at the wiki, I have posted the install method and the complete kext needed for the R530.

any way to have sleep and webcam?

Love to know this too. I tried violet7's boot file, but I got immediate wakeup with everything but sound working. My webcam also works as well, so maybe that patched boot isn't working for me? Did you only use violet7's boot, or tweak your DSDT as well.

I've been trying to minimize my patching and get as vanilla as possible, I'm down to FakeSMC, VoodooHDA, VoodooBattery, and PS2 kexts. 10.6.5 vanilla kernel is working flawlessly thus far also. No need for NVEnabler, just use GraphicsEnabler.

Sleep, display brightness, and mic are all that are left...

I have an R530 with a Core 2 Duo and the same graphic card, everything will work fine except sleep, look at the wiki, I have posted the install method and the complete kext needed for the R530.

Link to wiki?

Did you use the retail Snow Leopard DVD bought from any Apple store?

Ok I used the nawcom CD. Then I popped in the Snow Leopard Install DVD (Retail) and hit enter. The computer just restarted after a few seconds of loading. Am I missing something? AHCI is set to manual (enabled).

The same thing happened to me with that boot cd. Couldn't get it to boot. Use the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd and boot with -v -x. I posted how i did it a few posts up in this thread.

s