Samsung R Series Notebooks

derekreid

327 posts in this topic

Hi Bungo,

I'm using your ALC269 AppleHDA + IOAudioFamily with modified pinconfigs & pathmaps, it works great. I would like to try patching the stock 10.8 AppleHDA though and I'm wondering if you know what the procedure is to binary patch AppleHDA. I've tried running the command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x69\x02\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA

Hi,
Try this:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x62\x02\xec\x10|\x69\x02\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
if you wish to patch a stock AppleHDA located in /S/L/E. HDAWizard by Janek202 can do it for you. ;)

to no avail (I get a few sound assertions when booting and no device is recognized). I have everything else set up as in the older versions, the only other difference is that the layoutXX.xml and Platforms.xml files are now compressed into zlibs (I'm using RevoGirl's zlib compression/extraction script to edit them http://revogirl.word...ntain-lion-dp3/). Any help would be much appreciated.

In my opinion and experiences the duet (AppleHDA+IOAudioFamily) from my post #323 is the best solution now (until patched IOAudioFamily for next OS X's will be developed). Mixing newer AppleHDA with that patched IOAudioFamily doesn't work and stock IOAudioFamily doesn't work (correctly) with our ALC269.

• 5 weeks later...