[Guide] El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on GA P35-DS3 / DSDT

MaLd0n

251 posts in this topic

Hey MaLd0n,

Thanks again for all your help. You have created a whole group of OSx86 fans here in Toronto. A good friend recently started trying to DSDT patch his eVGA board (EVGA 132-GT-E768-KR, it is one of the X58 FTW3 variety) but without much success. Do you think your patcher could do the trick?

As always,

thanks for all your help,

aMuse

send me files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

MaLd0n,

I have a Gigabyte EP35-DS3l and 10.6.5 that was 100% stable on Leopard.

Ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard I am unstable, get random crashes, etc.

I think my dsdt file is incorrect.

I downloaded your RUNME and have attached "SEND_ME.zip" for you to look at.

If you can teach me what I am doing wrong I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

send_me.zip

Hi Maldon, your guide works like a charm for me. To solve the airport issue (PCI Card) maybe I have to change PCI slot... Is it right?

Just a doubt: do I have to use the txt file "GA-P35-DS3 all fixes and patches"? How?

The only thing I've noticed is about audio (but audio works fine), System Profiler reports "Intel audio etc. etc.", so I've thinked about the txt file mentioned before...

Anyway: thanks for all, Your work is great!

MaLd0n,

I have a Gigabyte EP35-DS3l and 10.6.5 that was 100% stable on Leopard.

Ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard I am unstable, get random crashes, etc.

I think my dsdt file is incorrect.

I downloaded your RUNME and have attached "SEND_ME.zip" for you to look at.

If you can teach me what I am doing wrong I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Use Auto-Patcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=86867

Extra Folder

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=85492

Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1634096

1- Copy Extra folder to HD

2- Install Chameleon RC5

3-Use Auto-Patcher(DSDT in folder Extra)

reboot

-v

the ideal is a clean installation

SL partition

run the installer

I have the Extra folder on my desktop and put the DSDT in there after auto patcher. Do I need to install the extra folder to root of SL partition first or just run the installer. Sorry for the questions. It's been a long time since I built my hack. This is all new to me.

After Cham install, it should reboot fine. Yes?

I have the Extra folder on my desktop and put the DSDT in there after auto patcher. Do I need to install the extra folder to root of SL partition first or just run the installer. Sorry for the questions. It's been a long time since I built my hack. This is all new to me.

After Cham install, it should reboot fine. Yes?

1-Copy Extra to HD(with DSDT)

2-Install Chameleon RC5

reboot

-v

thank you for your help.

As I said I haven't done this for a very long while. I am searching forums but can not find the terminal steps to get the extra folder to the root. Would you please list the terminal steps for me? I just need to get the extra folder to the root so I can install chameleon.

thank you for your help.

As I said I haven't done this for a very long while. I am searching forums but can not find the terminal steps to get the extra folder to the root. Would you please list the terminal steps for me? I just need to get the extra folder to the root so I can install chameleon.

simple

copy and paste

no need to use the terminal

I moved the extra folder, from your download link, from downloads to the desktop and put the patched DSDT inside it. Is that all I have to do? Just install chameleon now? Or do I copy it and paste it into system/library?

I moved the extra folder, from your download link, from downloads to the desktop and put the patched DSDT inside it. Is that all I have to do? Just install chameleon now?

copy Extra to the root of the HD

install Chameleon

reboot

-v

can you please show me in list view? is it under system?

When I installed chameleon, it also installed a folder named extra. I apologize but could you please be specific on "how" to install to the root.

When I look at icon view like your picture, there is an "extra" folder there but it is the one chameleon installed and not the one with the DSDT. I understand I need to install the "extra" folder with the DSDT to the root of the HD. Is the root the "system" folder? If I move the extra folder from the desktop to the HD window in icon view, it wants to replace the one that chameleon installed.

I want to get this right so if you could be specific on the "how" to do it, it would help tremendously.

Did I install chameleon incorrectly?

In my icon view I see the following:

Applications, boot file, extra (installed by chameleon, not the one with the DSDT), library, system, users.

I think I got it. I need to copy the contents of the "extra" folder with the DSDT to the extra folder that was installed by chameleon. Is that right?

In the video I just see the folder being highlighted but not sure what is happening there.

GOT IT! copied the contents to the extra folder and voila! working. posting from it now. used lizard to get graphics right and did migration assistant. just need to install licenses and all is good. use USB audio which is working fine :)

after copy/paste, I did software update to 10.6.6 and rebooted just fine.

Do I have to have Chameleon installed on each partition I have SL on or just once on the HD? I am now installing it on a second HD with two partions. One for test and one working. Does each one need Chameleon on it or can I boot either partition from one chameleon install on the same HD?

Hi MaLd0n,

thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it. Your DSDT patch led to my fasted built yet.

I was hoping to use my the GSata controller of my GA-EP35-DS3R board. I am hoping to use them for two eSata drives. So far OSx loads fine, the drives show up orange, but the first time I try to access them I get the wheel of death and both drives get ejected and the system profiler shows Serial-ATA with "There was an errror while scanning for Serial-ATA devices".

Any thoughts?

aMuse :unsure:

Hi MaLd0n,

thanks for all your help. Really appreciate it. Your DSDT patch led to my fasted built yet.

I was hoping to use my the GSata controller of my GA-EP35-DS3R board. I am hoping to use them for two eSata drives. So far OSx loads fine, the drives show up orange, but the first time I try to access them I get the wheel of death and both drives get ejected and the system profiler shows Serial-ATA with "There was an errror while scanning for Serial-ATA devices".

Any thoughts?

aMuse :unsure:

;)

my mobo works 100%

but I need to activate the two

ahci.jpg

GA P35-DS3

same settings as me. Hmm, strange ...

I wonder if there are different GSATA controller on these boards.

aMuse

try it

1-"load optmized defaults"

save

2-enabled HPET 64 and AHCI

• 4 weeks later...