[Guide] El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on GA P35-DS3 / DSDT

MaLd0n

251 posts in this topic

Well, finally I got it working. I don't know how to verify if everything is correct or if some piece is misconfigured, but it apperently works fine.

What I've done after some web-digging is to remove AppleHDA.kext located in /System/Libraries/Extensions. After that everything is working, even the audio with the VoodooHDA and I can boot normally. I even have updated SL to 10.6.5 without problems, but obviously I have had to remove again appleHDA.kext to be able to boot again (same problem).

What I can't understand is why this problem is happening to me since the audio integrated in this motherboard is the very same as in the p35-ds3... Why (e)p35-ds3 owners can boot without this problem (or even boot the install of SL via hackbootv3 lite without problems) and I have struggled to do the very same? What's the difference? Maybe some BIOS setting?

And the problem with the hour continues. In SL, I boot and the hour is correct, but when I reboot in win 7 the hour is one less than the actual... X-files? It hasn't happened before installing SL. Any tips?

Thank you for everything MaLd0n !!

you do not need the voodoohda

your codec/audio is the same used by Apple

voodoohda remove, return the applehda

go into system preferences / sound

see if the sound works

GO TO SystemPreferences/Sound/Output

I set the clock according to the difference

Burkina Faso in my case

you do not need the voodoohda

your codec/audio is the same used by Apple

voodoohda remove, return the applehda

go into system preferences / sound

see if the sound works

GO TO SystemPreferences/Sound/Output <--- change to internal speaker

I set the clock according to the difference

Burkina Faso in my case

Well, then I guess I do something wrong...

I have deleted voodoohda.kext from System/library/extensions, and restore applehda.kext in the same place.

When I reboot, I got no sound... In preferences I still have a VoodooHDA panel in complements, and the sound menu says that no sound device has been found. It seems that applehda is not loading and that something of voodoo is still loaded.

For now I have removed again applehda and reinstalled voodoohda, while I wait for any solution...

Thank you!

Well, then I guess I do something wrong...

I have deleted voodoohda.kext from System/library/extensions, and restore applehda.kext in the same place.

When I reboot, I got no sound... In preferences I still have a VoodooHDA panel in complements, and the sound menu says that no sound device has been found. It seems that applehda is not loading and that something of voodoo is still loaded.

For now I have removed again applehda and reinstalled voodoohda, while I wait for any solution...

Thank you!

delete voodoohda

applehda in s/l/e

run on terminal

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

LegacyHda in Extra/Extensions?

ALC889a?

Well, it seems that this time is working with applehda :D

I don't know what I did wrong, but obviously I did something wrong :P because now everything is up and working (I think :P)

Is there some way to boot with hacklitev3 without errors? It seems that it loads voodoohda and that's why it hangs. It's for next time :)

Thank you for your help

Well, it seems that this time is working with applehda :D

I don't know what I did wrong, but obviously I did something wrong :P because now everything is up and working (I think :P)

Is there some way to boot with hacklitev3 without errors? It seems that it loads voodoohda and that's why it hangs. It's for next time :)

Thank you for your help

HACKBOOT(Without VoodoHda)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ssj81b

the old version did not have the voodoohda also

Hello MaLd0n,

thank you very much, this works great! I only have one problem: To get sleep to work I had to remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Since then my CPU temps got higher and my CPU-fan is spinning really loud.

When I add the kext back, my CPU is cooler again but sleep doesn't work.

Is there any solution to get my CPU cooler without using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Thanks!

Hello MaLd0n,

thank you very much, this works great! I only have one problem: To get sleep to work I had to remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Since then my CPU temps got higher and my CPU-fan is spinning really loud.

When I add the kext back, my CPU is cooler again but sleep doesn't work.

Is there any solution to get my CPU cooler without using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

Thanks!

What is the temperature of your processor?

What is the temperature of your processor?

With NullCPUPowerManagement.kext its between 52°C and 57°C, according to VoodoMonitor.

Without it VoodooMonitor showed something like 61°C for a second, then it crashed, and now it keeps crashing when I start it, so I don't know if that's the correct temp...

I can really hear the difference, the system is considerably louder than before...

Any ideas?

With NullCPUPowerManagement.kext its between 52°C and 57°C, according to VoodoMonitor.

Without it VoodooMonitor showed something like 61°C for a second, then it crashed, and now it keeps crashing when I start it, so I don't know if that's the correct temp...

Any ideas?

NullcpuPM ---> the performance of my processor is much lower with this kext

temperature is also lower

its temperature is high, with and without nullcpuPM

make cleaning a cooler

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

NullcpuPM ---> the performance of my processor is much lower with this kext

temperature is also lower

its temperature is high, with and without nullcpuPM

Ah OK, so you mean it's only cooler because of the lower performance with NullcpuPM?

I just looked into my case and the cooler seems pretty clean...

Kextstat is attached. Thank you.

kextstat.rtf

Ah OK, so you mean it's only cooler because of the lower performance with NullcpuPM?

in my case it happens :)

I lose points on Geekbench and the temperature is lower

kextstat ok

LPC loaded

delete VoodooMonitor

use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=234452 + iStat

:)

EDIT

WoW

Overclock 3.2

You changed Vcore?

UPDATE post 1

Solution to make resume after sleep to work properly without requiring user to tick the "Start up automatically after a power failure" checkbox.

Hi MaLd0n,

I just tick "Start up automatically after a power failure" checkbox and it did the trick. Whitout that, wake-up doesn't work.

My hack is now working flawlessly. :)

Is there a way to wake it up by keyboard ?

Thanks, Gandalf

I just tick "Start up automatically after a power failure" checkbox and it did the trick. Whitout that, wake-up doesn't work.

My hack is now working flawlessly. :)

WoW

Sorry

I'll see what I can do

Here it works like a charm

Is there a way to wake it up by keyboard?

Keyboard and Mouse USB???

I use USB and awakens with no problems

in my case it happens ;)

kextstat ok

LPC loaded

You changed Vcore?

I deleted VoodooMonitor and use the solution from your link now :) However i can only monitor ambient temperature and GPU fan speed with iStat, unfortunately not CPU core temps...

I didn't change Vcore, just set the voltage to 'Auto' but I had to raise the RAM voltage by +0.3v to get the system stable. My PC runs fine with the 3.2 GHz for two years now.

LPC Kext seems to be loaded, but I booted into verbose mode and got the following errors:

LPC_PlatformPlugin: :push_CSIData - _CST evaluation failed

LPC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initalization failed

So, something seems to be wrong here and power management is not loaded correctly. Any ideas how I can solve this?

I also noticed that my system wakes up itself after some hours, didn't do that before :)

EDIT: Wakeup by USB mouse or keyboard does also not work for me. Maybe it depends on BIOS settings, could you publish your settings here? Thank you again.

LPC Kext seems to be loaded, but I booted into verbose mode and got the following errors:

LPC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initalization failed

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

you did?

So, something seems to be wrong here and power management is not loaded correctly. Any ideas how I can solve this?

I also noticed that my system wakes up itself after some hours, didn't do that before :)

EDIT: Wakeup by USB mouse or keyboard does also not work for me. Maybe it depends on BIOS settings, could you publish your settings here? Thank you again.

the only settings that change is AHCI and overclocking

EDIT

Mouse and Keyboard Usb support also

I do not know if makes a difference

but...

you did?

Yes, I added that in the boot.plist, so that can't be the problem...

the only settings that change is AHCI and overclocking

OK, I thought that you maybe changed something in power management or so...

I also noticed now, that i get kernel panics on boot when I restart from OS X. Damn!

Keyboard and Mouse USB???

I use USB and awakens with no problems

Yes, Apple USB Alu Keyboard + Logitech USB mouse.

In bios, I have enabled wake-up by keyboard and USB legacy are turned On for mouse + keyboard.

Maybe they should be turned off ...

Is there a special key on the keyboard to wake it up or any key does it ?

Yes, I added that in the boot.plist, so that can't be the problem...

OK, I thought that you maybe changed something in power management or so...

I also noticed now, that i get kernel panics on boot when I restart from OS X. Damn!

;)

I honestly do not know

review procedures

update the bios to F14

follow step by step

Do you use EFI?

You are sure the DSDT being read?

Use Wait=Yes -v

Is there a special key on the keyboard to wake it up or any key does it ?

Enter

I have not tried another

review procedures

update the bios to F14

follow step by step

Do you use EFI?

You are sure the DSDT being read?

I did everything step by step, BIOS is already F14... DSDT is loaded for sure, otherwise my pc wouldn't go to sleep without sleepanbler.

What do you mean with EFI? Like EFI-Strings? I use the graphics enabler from Chameleon 2 RC5.

Maybe you could send me your DSDT for testing? Mabye I did something wrong and yours is different?

Use Wait=Yes -v

OK, I will do this and report back...

• 2 weeks later...
Use Wait=Yes -v

took me a while to reply... I did this and there was nothing special except the error messages I already posted...

The kernel panics on reboot are gone, I don't know why.

EDIT: I just remembered that I activated "restart automatically after power failure" again. This maybe the reason why the kernel panics are gone...

The problems I have with the system waking up itself seem to only occur with scheduled sleep. If I put the computer to sleep manually everything is fine. Really weird!

Yep

I honestly do not know

but since you're having problems

use what is working well

OK, so I guess it's time for sleepenabler again... Thanks for all your help anyway :D

Oh, I just noticed you have the link to the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip in your DSDT Auto-Patcher thread.

Wouldn't it be better to use the OrangeIconFix.kext I have attached? (Got it from Blackosx' guide)

With this one my sata controller is correctly recognized as ich9 and the icons are silver. No more fake ESB2...

OrangeIconFix.kext.zip