[Guide] El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on GA P35-DS3 / DSDT

MaLd0n

251 posts in this topic

Hi MaLd0n,

Thanks so much for your help. System is up and running at 10.6.5 with Chameleon RC2 r660. Great built! Sleep etc. all working.

Just a few small things:

1. BootCD: Couldn't use because the older version of Chameleon on there can't manage hard drives > 2TB (I had to clean the boot records and rebuilt from another hard drive)

2. I lost wirless. My card (an old Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54 ) that worked natively on all older builds. I guess it must have something to do with the PCI address.

But great otherwise, I love DSDT. So much easier.

aMuse

WoW

I can prepare your DSDT without removing anything

but I think the problem is not that

remove only the devices not used

LPT, FDC, etc.

send me original DSDT

extract from Windows or Linux

Hi MaLd0n,

Thanks for the help and utilities. So far it's working for me on GA P35-DS3L apart from the sound. I think I made a mess out of it. Tried various patched AppleHDA.kext from this forum and could not find something that worked. Can you give some guidance?

I'm attaching also the DSDT maybe you get some info from it.

And here are the errors:

Dec 25 23:39:21 192-168-1-2 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit

Dec 25 23:39:21 192-168-1-2 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit

Dec 25 23:39:21 192-168-1-2 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit

Dec 25 23:39:21 192-168-1-2 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit

Thanks, Pavel

dsdt.dsl.zip

Hi MaLd0n,

Thanks for the help and utilities. So far it's working for me on GA P35-DS3L apart from the sound. I think I made a mess out of it. Tried various patched AppleHDA.kext from this forum and could not find something that worked. Can you give some guidance?

I'm attaching also the DSDT maybe you get some info from it.

And here are the errors:

Thanks, Pavel

DSDT

dsdt.HDEF.zip

Legacy in Extra/Extensions

Legacy888HDA.kext.zip

AppleHda in System/Library/Extenions

AppleHDA.kext.zip

WoW

I can prepare your DSDT without removing anything

but I think the problem is not that

remove only the devices not used

LPT, FDC, etc.

send me original DSDT

extract from Windows or Linux

Thanks MaLd0n,

how can I ectract my DSDT from Windows 7?

Thanks,

Amuse

As I know you are very familiar with Gigabyte and DSDT I would be pleased if you can help me.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4, BIOS F14. I found a DSDT file here:

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=561

Everything is working fine except the sleep mode. When I wake up, a cold boot is done.

Do you know where I can get a DSDT file where everythings works? Do I have to add also kexts when having the right DSDT file?

I also found a P35 DS3L where the sleep mode is ok but the DSDT file has only 2 processors here:

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=696

I am relatively new to the OS X 86 family.

Kind regards from Germany

As I know you are very familiar with Gigabyte and DSDT I would be pleased if you can help me.

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4, BIOS F14. I found a DSDT file here:

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=561

Everything is working fine except the sleep mode. When I wake up, a cold boot is done.

Do you know where I can get a DSDT file where everythings works? Do I have to add also kexts when having the right DSDT file?

I also found a P35 DS3L where the sleep mode is ok but the DSDT file has only 2 processors here:

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=696

I am relatively new to the OS X 86 family.

Kind regards from Germany

dsdt.ChartFreak.zip

Native power management use Chameleon RC5, see the first post

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

kextstat

Hi MaLd0n,

thanks for all your DSDT files. I tried both but still have no wireless for my Buffalo card. Strange.

aMuse

I think this has nothing to do with DSDT

Mistery of the week :wacko:

dsdt.ChartFreak.zip

Native power management use Chameleon RC5, see the first post

send me a kextstat

run on terminal

kextstat

Thank you very very much. After using your posted DSDT and patching the com.apple.Boot.plist everything worked except sound. Using Legacy HDA and HDA Enabler for ALC885/889a this was fixed also.

Is there a possibility to incorporate sound for my board also in the DSDT file?

I uploaded the kextstat you wanted.

Two questions:

1: How can you convert the DSDT binary output from Everest to aml format?

2: I have a Bluetooth stick on my computer and I also got the Apple Wireless Keyboard and the Apple trackpad. After I send the system to sleep and reawake it only the keyboard operates normally, the trackpad does not. I must pull the stick out and in again and both the keyboard and the trackpad connect newly and are working. Very strange. Did you hear about this problem also? Do you recommend a Bluetooth stick which is working after sleep with the Apple trackpad?

Very nice greetings from the other side of the world.

Juergen

kextstat.txt

Thank you very very much. After using your posted DSDT and patching the com.apple.Boot.plist everything worked except sound. Using Legacy HDA and HDA Enabler for ALC885/889a this was fixed also.

Is there a possibility to incorporate sound for my board also in the DSDT file?

I uploaded the kextstat you wanted.

Two questions:

1: How can you convert the DSDT binary output from Everest to aml format?

2: I have a Bluetooth stick on my computer and I also got the Apple Wireless Keyboard and the Apple trackpad. After I send the system to sleep and reawake it only the keyboard operates normally, the trackpad does not. I must pull the stick out and in again and both the keyboard and the trackpad connect newly and are working. Very strange. Did you hear about this problem also? Do you recommend a Bluetooth stick which is working after sleep with the Apple trackpad?

Very nice greetings from the other side of the world.

Juergen

1-rename .aml

2-say that this works very well

I have not tested

Trust - model 2400p

AUDIO

dsdt.ChartFreak.zip

remove Legacy HDA and HDA Enabler

use in Extra/Extensions

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

Well. I have some problems with P35-DS3.

i used your DSDT auto patcher using a dsdt exctracted from linux :unsure:...

Anyway the problems are the following:

- redsn0w jailbreak gives "unexpected error"

- my printer works at first then it goes to "non in line (or online, I don't know wich would be better translation)" and if I remove it with the "-" it doesn't recognize it anymore (have to restart).

I think that highlight usb problems, wich I also have on my EP45-DS3LR (with Cartri Mac Bios)!

I don't have these problems on my parents macbook pro.

Have I to send u my dsdts for those two systems :)?

Thank you very much ;)!

Well. I have some problems with P35-DS3.

i used your DSDT auto patcher using a dsdt exctracted from linux :unsure:...

Anyway the problems are the following:

- redsn0w jailbreak gives "unexpected error"

- my printer works at first then it goes to "non in line (or online, I don't know wich would be better translation)" and if I remove it with the "-" it doesn't recognize it anymore (have to restart).

I think that highlight usb problems, wich I also have on my EP45-DS3LR (with Cartri Mac Bios)!

I don't have these problems on my parents macbook pro.

Have I to send u my dsdts for those two systems :)?

Thank you very much ;)!

send me your DSDT ;)

Thank you MaLd0n for your job.

My Hackintosh (GA P35 DS3 + E6750 + 9400GT) woks very well.

I need to use the serial line of the mobo (com1 on a PC).

So i commented all the line where device UAR1 and UAR2 are removed in the patch.txt of DSDT Auto-Patcher GA P35-DS3.app. (4 lines commented).

i generate a new dsdt.aml including the uar devices.

And everything works perfectly. Serial line is /dev/tty.serial1!!!

Thank you MaLd0n for your job.

My Hackintosh (GA P35 DS3 + E6750 + 9400GT) woks very well.

I need to use the serial line of the mobo (com1 on a PC).

So i commented all the line where device UAR1 and UAR2 are removed in the patch.txt of DSDT Auto-Patcher GA P35-DS3.app. (4 lines commented).

i generate a new dsdt.aml including the uar devices.

And everything works perfectly. Serial line is /dev/tty.serial1!!!

WoW

Great

;)

Hi MaLd0n first of all thanks for your great work

I have strange problem with my graphics

I have a perfect running GA-P35 system and for security reasons I made a cloned system partition on a second internal sata disk.

It boots without any problems but 2 seconds after the desktop appears (with menu and windows ) all monitors turn black.

The system is still running, it responds to key commands (i.e. reset)

I can start the cloned system with -x and everything is fine!!!

I tried -f also but this doesn't help. I was searching for a kext problem but manually disableing kext

wont help.

I tried different chameleon versions but all symptoms stay the same.

Because it starts to desktop verbose mode won't show me the problem

I ran out of ideas perhaps anybody here can show me way.

^,^

Edit: Sry forgot to post my card, its an nv 8600gt

Hi MaLd0n first of all thanks for your great work

I have strange problem with my graphics

I have a perfect running GA-P35 system and for security reasons I made a cloned system partition on a second internal sata disk.

It boots without any problems but 2 seconds after the desktop appears (with menu and windows ) all monitors turn black.

The system is still running, it responds to key commands (i.e. reset)

I can start the cloned system with -x and everything is fine!!!

I tried -f also but this doesn't help. I was searching for a kext problem but manually disableing kext

wont help.

I tried different chameleon versions but all symptoms stay the same.

Because it starts to desktop verbose mode won't show me the problem

I ran out of ideas perhaps anybody here can show me way.

^,^

Edit: Sry forgot to post my card, its an nv 8600gt

try with NVEnabler

work like a charm