[Guide] El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on GA P35-DS3 / DSDT

MaLd0n

251 posts in this topic

OK, so I guess it's time for sleepenabler again... Thanks for all your help anyway :)

Oh, I just noticed you have the link to the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip in your DSDT Auto-Patcher thread.

Wouldn't it be better to use the OrangeIconFix.kext I have attached? (Got it from Blackosx' guide)

With this one my sata controller is correctly recognized as ich9 and the icons are silver. No more fake ESB2...

you must be on some Legacy(AHCI)

this kext is only for orange icon

you must be on some Legacy(AHCI)

this kext is only for orange icon

Yes, I know without the LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext the controller wouldn't be recognized correctly. What I meant was that I got rid of the "ESB2" injection from the blockstorage injector and have silver icons now :)

Yes, I know without the LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext the controller wouldn't be recognized correctly. What I meant was that I got rid of the "ESB2" injection from the blockstorage injector and have silver icons now :)

;)

Hello Madlon.

First thanks for your tutorial it helped me greatly for my dsdt since i have the same motherboard as yours!

Thanks to the DSDT i edited following the fixes on the forum i was able to have everything working fine for my hack and update my system to 10.6.5 without any problem. My system is always in 32 bit since i don't see the need to use 64 bit for my use.

But a week ago i decided to change my graphic card (Gigabyte 8600GTS silent cell) for a Sapphire Vapor X 5770. I used the method in the tonymac forum using the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install but only installing the ATY vervet kext needed for the card since i already had Chameleon RC5 installed and rebuild caches and permissions.

Everything worked fine exept 2 things : sleep and maybe cpu management.

Before i installed the card sleep worked VERY fine since i could the computer to sleep and wake it up by the mouse/keyboard/power button. Now, when i put the system to sleep the screen and HDD go to sleep however the power lights and graphic fan are still on.

More, the Kernel task is now ALWAYS at 100% CPU on one core. Before the change everything worked normally.

I attached the files contained in my extra folder but i searched the internet for an answer and frankly i dont't understand why it suddenly behaves like this.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Extra.zip

Hello Madlon.

try with the power management by Chameleon

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I've had enough problems with changing hardware

Thanks for your help MaLd0n, (sorry for the typo)

I followed you advice but the result was a Kernel Panic so i got out my test HDD (the hdd i use to test every installation of a combo update like 10.6.5).

On the HDD was the latest install i did before the graphic card change with everything functionning normally on 10.6.5, however i was a little apprehensive to see if the ATI would be accepted with the system without any problems since it was still configured with graphic enabler=yes and efi line for my 8600 GTS.

The test system booted fine and recognized everything on the graphical side except it detected my ATI 5770 with the motmot kext instead of the vervet kext.

Since the system didn't show any problem on the graphical side (tested with a session of civilization IV) i decided to reuse the BOOT.PLIST of this config and surprise everything worked on my main SSD.

Kernel is at 1 or 2 % each time with no visible rise and the sytem can wake and sleep like a dream and like before !!!

What i don't understand is that every tutorial i see on the net advise graphic enabler=no in the boot plist but with my system it causes these problems.

I think i will search a little more on the subject and see if the Momot framebuffer used is viable with my 5770 or not.

Attached is my extra as well as my xbench test with the graphic enabler=yes and No

Extra.zip

Xbench_scores.zip

Hi maldon,

I've got a P35-DS3P

Your files are working fine with my board, but i can't get sleep to work and in system profiler i get esb2 ahci and my hdd are seen as external... Would you please help me find out what should i change in your files?

Thanks!

Hi maldon,

I've got a P35-DS3P

Your files are working fine with my board, but i can't get sleep to work and in system profiler i get esb2 ahci and my hdd are seen as external... Would you please help me find out what should i change in your files?

Thanks!

send me your files

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

run on terminal

grep Wake /var/log/kernel.log

Hi maldon, thanks for you patience... here are my files... that command on the terminal returned nothing.

my hack goes to sleep but can't wake and i got esb2 in serial ata and hdd are seen external :(

Hope you can help...Thanks again

dsdt.checcco.zip

in relation to sleep

I really do not know

alright in DSDT

may be the firewire

Hy MaLd0n, (maibe is an offtopic, sorry about that...) I have a Saphire ATI HD4870 (512MB) on my GA-P35C-DS3R, and I want an advice about what framebuffer shoud I use for my gfx card.

By default, it runs the Motmot FB. :thanks_speechbubble: in advance!

PS: By tha' way...need 2 update my specs in signature :P

Thanks maldon... It's strange..with your dsdt nothing changed about hard disks but now sleep works! :) what did you change? Thanks for your effort... I'm a graphic designer... If you need something let me know...

The hard disk still orange? :(

Use Wait=yes

see if the DSDT being read

I just applied the ESB2

0x001F0002

and remove PEX4.JMB0, etc

Hy MaLd0n, (maibe is an offtopic, sorry about that...) I have a Saphire ATI HD4870 (512MB) on my GA-P35C-DS3R, and I want an advice about what framebuffer shoud I use for my gfx card.

By default, it runs the Motmot FB. :( in advance!

PS: By tha' way...need 2 update my specs in signature :P

HD 4850 and HD4870

1- use the kext legacyati4800controller.kex (E/E or S/L/E)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=59328

2- Graphicsenabler

Use Lizard

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1034555/lizard/Lizard-custom.zip

2a-Auto detect value

2b-GraphicsInjection

2c-save

lizard.png

REBOOT

this is added in boot.plist

vanilla ;)

*if you are not on 10.6.2 you will also need to plug a dvi>vga dongle in second dvi out in order to use the 1st dvi out, or use ATIframbuffer.kext, ATISupport.kext, and ATI4800Controler.kext from 10.6.2

Thx again Mald0n, i forgot to mention that the card ran smootly even before "installed" the lagacy kext. I have the 10.6.5 update (i updated with the combo update...solved some problems on some aplications) and I'm running vanilla 64bit kernel, also installed the Mac Pro Graphics Updates (v1). Before my HD4870 i had a nVidia 8600GTS 256mb, and also used graphics injection with chameleon rc4(remaked by AsereBLN, bun i changed to RC5 last revision) and I do use DVI to VGA converter cause my monitor doesn't suport DVI directy. I think I'll do some benches to compare performance and power consumption w/ and w/o the lagacy kext. Wish u best! :P

Hi MaLd0n,

Thanks for your reply a couple of weeks back. As I told you, I am about to rebuild my system and want to go with RC5 and DSDT patcher.

Here are my specs:

GA-EP35-DS3R

EVGA GTX 470

Q6600

Thanks,

aMuse

aMuse.zip

Thanks MaLd0n,

You are tops!

P.S. Isn't the Jmicron in Extensions for ATA harddrives only? Am I good for my video card EVGA GTX 470 without installing additional kexts?

Yep

Jmicron for ATA harddrives only

GTX 470

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216726

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MaLdOn,

Thanks for all the help. I was about to upgrade my system with the DSDT you sent me but ran across your other post and noticed a few more recent changes:

your latest DSDT Auto-Patcher

Chameleon 2 RC5 r687

Also I was hoping to install from a running system (10.6.4) to another harddrive, faster than a DVD install:

OSInstall.mpkg

MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.5.dmg

Chameleon doesn't seem to install to another harddrive (only the one running current OS X).

What do you suggest?

1. Running BootCD

2. Installing from Native SN DVD

3. Applying Chameleon r687

4. Patching DSDT

5. Restart

Thanks,

aMuse

DSDT.aml.zip

Hey MaLdOn,

Thanks for all the help. I was about to upgrade my system with the DSDT you sent me but ran across your other post and noticed a few more recent changes:

your latest DSDT Auto-Patcher

Chameleon 2 RC5 r687

Also I was hoping to install from a running system (10.6.4) to another harddrive, faster than a DVD install:

OSInstall.mpkg

MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.5.dmg

Chameleon doesn't seem to install to another harddrive (only the one running current OS X).

What do you suggest?

1. Running BootCD

2. Installing from Native SN DVD

3. Applying Chameleon r687

4. Patching DSDT

5. Restart

Thanks,

aMuse

use bootcd

copy "EXtra" folder

Install Chameleon reboot

auto patcher does not have any change for this mobo

use

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=82533

:)

Look it

MaLd0n_2010_12_22___s_13.14.49.png

Hi MaLd0n,

Thanks so much for your help. System is up and running at 10.6.5 with Chameleon RC2 r660. Great built! Sleep etc. all working.

Just a few small things:

1. BootCD: Couldn't use because the older version of Chameleon on there can't manage hard drives > 1TB (I had to clean the boot records and rebuilt from another hard drive)

2. I lost wirless. My card (an old Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54 ) worked natively on all older builds. I guess it must have something to do with the PCI address.

But great otherwise, I love DSDT. So much easier.

aMuse