[Guide] El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on GA P35-DS3 / DSDT

MaLd0n

251 posts in this topic

Thanks for your patience... Now it works! BUT only if I have main screen connected only. I have 2 x DVI VGA outputs:

If I have plugged cinema Projector + Samsung LCD = blackscreen

If I have plugged Samsung LCD only = works! (QE / CI, perfect, all res)

Please could you point me some ideas??? Thank you for your patience...

Dosen't work with graphic enabler or efi sting?

Dosen't work with graphic enabler or efi sting?

Thank you Kurculja, its seems a problem with 9600 GSO cards... It works very well at 10.6.0 but when I update to 10.6.6 or .7 or .8 it shows me a black screen when I have 2 DVI inputs in use (I really need both)... I really don't know how to solve :rolleyes: It works very well with only 1 DVI

Do you have any idea? Could you explain the process of obtaining / applying your string? Any idea would be very appreciated :)

Thanks a lot

Have Two MBR HDDs with Win7 on them plus one GUID disk on GA EP35 DS3L. Card is Redwood ATI HD 5670 (Asus) 1GB gddr5.

Followed your instructions and have SL installed on GUID disk. Applied pkgs and extra folder (using smbios for MacBookPro 3,1 (which is what showed up in hardware profiler)), and did the DSDT generation, copied the aml file into extras folder. Run RC5 pkg. Applied upgrade to 10.6.7.

Reboot.

System hangs at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timeout warning.

Delete some kexts in Extras folder. Modified Aty_init.kext.

Boots with Hackboot to 10.6.7. Dual monitors working, full resolution.

Could you give instructions?:

1. Install RC5 to HDD

2. Make sure I have right power setup

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the excellet guide.

I have a working Lion GM on my GA-P35-DS3 and Gigabyte HD4670 500MB .

However after going to sleep both auto or forced, it can not wake up .

Either it reboot or it just lose connection signal to my Samsung LCD TV through HDMI or VGA .

I have tried different options setting in Energy Saving Preference but none work .

What do you suggest I do to fix the waking problem?

Thank You and Have a nice day.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

this thread is really old, but it seems like people know what they are doing with the GA-P35-DS4 here. There is a lot of confusing info on the net about it.

I tried to install Snow Leopard today using #####/##### method, and it basically works, but there is some weirdness related to the HD's...so I'm not confident I did it the best way. Any pointers from anyone here that remembers this mobo would be appreciated.

I did use the dsdt auto patcher to create a DSDT using whatever profile is built into that tool. I did not tweak it in any way, and used that with #####. But before I ran ##### I actually had good looking drive icons on the desktop. After running ##### with that DSDT, I ended up with yellow drive icons and the second drive is not accessible via the icon, but is via cmd line. Hmmm...something not right. I thought the font smoothing looked pretty bad, I don't know if that's related to graphics method or not.

So basically I would like to know what is the optimal set of kext's to use for this mobo, seems like you guys figured that out. I can manually configure it to use those kext's or whatever so that everything is optimized.

From what I have been reading, these are the issues I have to look at carefully to make sure its setup right:

1 - Graphics, depends on adapter obviously. I plan to eventually run dual DVI and I heard there might be some issue?

2 - Net. It seems to be working with whatever ##### installed, I think I used official realtek driver from that. Please tell me if there is better one to use.

3 - Audio. This is actually a bit optional, but which is best method for audio on this mobo?

4 - USB and firewire. Nobody seems to talk about these, so I'm assuming they just work.

5 - sleep? Everyone talks about what a problem this is. I can live without sleep if I can't get it working, but if I can get it working why not.

6 - I/O, I'm not at all sure what is the best kext to use for the I/O controllers on this board. Right now something is definitely funny, it work, but hard drives appears as yellow detachables, and the second internal drive isn't readable at all from the finder, but is from the cmd line.

7 - I will override the SMBIOS later for unique serial, UUID, machine specs, etc.. I did that before when I built a leopard hackintosh.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for the edit of the file. I have a system installed but I can't get pass the SATA WARNING: Enable Drive PHY PM failed. Is there something I am doing wrong or there something missing? 

Thank you. 

old mobos need patches

check here

Comment
                fix IO error ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi
                MatchOS
                10.13.x
                Disabled

Name
                AppleAHCIPort
                Find
                RYX2D5XCiciD4P5mhcl4D4TSdQs=
                Replace
                iciD4P5mhckPmMFBCMyQkJCQdQs=

Comment
                fix hotplug ICH10 for 10.13, credit SunKi
                MatchOS
                10.13.x
                Disabled

Name
                AppleAHCIPort
                Find
                icglQGACAD1AIAAAdQyB4b9///+Ji1EBAAA=
                Replace
                kJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJCQkJA=

Thank you for everyone supporting me to get my hackintosh working,   Great Guide.

Have everyyhing working. Sleep, Shutdown, Restart, Sound and Grachics working.  Only thing left to do it to get my USB 3 Card to work.

Keep up the good work MaLd0n. Thank you very much on behalf of everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2018 at 2:53 PM, Andrewvideo said:

Thank you for everyone supporting me to get my hackintosh working,   Great Guide.

Have everyyhing working. Sleep, Shutdown, Restart, Sound and Grachics working.  Only thing left to do it to get my USB 3 Card to work.

Keep up the good work MaLd0n. Thank you very much on behalf of everyone.

Welcome!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mald0n,

Can you please help me to edit my dsdt? My Hackintosh is working great with High Sierra (ga-p35-ds3p, xeon e5450, GT710), except sleep, shutdown and restart.

Many thanks for your great work!

ga-p35-ds3p.zip

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, biloute62 said:

Hi Mald0n,

Can you please help me to edit my dsdt? My Hackintosh is working great with High Sierra (ga-p35-ds3p, xeon e5450, GT710), except sleep, shutdown and restart.

Many thanks for your great work!

ga-p35-ds3p.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

use smbios iMac10,1 and flag -no_compat_check

Hi MaLd0n,

Would the DSDT for your P35-DS3 from 2018 Jan 12 safely work for my P35-DS3L rev 2.0 F9? The old patch files are the same:

diff -s GA\ P35-DS3.txt GA\ P35-DS3L.txt 
Files GA P35-DS3.txt and GA P35-DS3L.txt are identical

I have attached the raw, unedited DSDT in case that helps.

shasum -a 512 DSDT-GA-P35-DS3L-Rev2.0-F9-Unedited.aml 
4537cebbec15d60c16c5ba0ed1b0086d9fa69aa46f366f28a604f0b3dfd241e340b349e88aadbc36a91f6f61fc65d3885bcfc96632149287b52fad55885b059c  DSDT-GA-P35-DS3L-Rev2.0-F9-Unedited.aml

DSDT-GA-P35-DS3L-Rev2.0-F9-Unedited.aml.zip

1 hour ago, 68k2x86 said:

Hi MaLd0n,

Would the DSDT for your P35-DS3 from 2018 Jan 12 safely work for my P35-DS3L rev 2.0 F9? The old patch files are the same:

diff -s GA\ P35-DS3.txt GA\ P35-DS3L.txt 
Files GA P35-DS3.txt and GA P35-DS3L.txt are identical

I have attached the raw, unedited DSDT in case that helps.

shasum -a 512 DSDT-GA-P35-DS3L-Rev2.0-F9-Unedited.aml 
4537cebbec15d60c16c5ba0ed1b0086d9fa69aa46f366f28a604f0b3dfd241e340b349e88aadbc36a91f6f61fc65d3885bcfc96632149287b52fad55885b059c  DSDT-GA-P35-DS3L-Rev2.0-F9-Unedited.aml

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I managed to install high sierra on the ga-ep35-ds3 with the guide of olarila too but to do other things I messed up the SSD and remained the only efi partition.  I tried some apps to restore deleted files but to no avail.  I follow all the guides also the one used with olarila, the only doubt the bios.  In addition to setting what should be selected and deselected?  Thanks for your help