ATi HD5000 BootLoader !

Mohamed Khairy

302 posts in this topic

Uh, finaly made it.

Had to make a fresh install. Chamelon r629. Or maybe it worked to name rom as <1002>_<6898>.rom - I don't know, am kind of rooky with this stuff.

Used Kabyl bootloader, otherwise followed Mohamed's instructions exactly.

I didn't change any flag at boot - it booted and in IOreg I see Uakari next to ATY; I have Sapphire Radeon 5870.

Thanks guys (Mohamed, Kabyl and others) for making all this. You ROCK!

Mohammed,

This is incredible, thank you very much. I now have my hackintosh running in full 64bit mode, with beautiful 3D graphics.

I would advise you edit your first post to include all success stories!

I'm running an XFX Radeon 5750 HD (1GB) using the Vervet loader. It works like a dream.

For those of you who are unable to get your bios using GPUZ (like me since I didn't have a working windows partition) head on over to http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ and find your card's bios on there. It saved me lots of time!

Good luck to those still struggling, keep at it, its worth it.

Regards

Ollie

@OonihiloO : I have no problem with sleep/wake when I'm using ATI Radeon HD 5770 VaporX.

What method did you use to get your ROM file? Could you please PM your ROM fie to me? I suspect something is wrong there.

Thanks!

@ Teapot360 : i've got the same card with the same FrameBuffer and no problem for wake...

Maybe your problem is coming from another point ? (DSDT etc...)

I'm using Kabyl file as well. And again sleep/wait worked before I put Apple card.Strange... What MB, BIOS version are you using?

In fact i don't use any ROM file because i'm booting with Kabyl file and
AtiFb=Hoolock

in com.Apple.boot.plist and everything work right.

Hey folks, no matter what I try I always end up with a grey screen after the apple logo screen. I can see the computer on my network and everything, but can't get to the login screen. I've tried eveything in this thread with no joy. Can't even get it into 32 bit mode.

Any suggestions for the grey screen?

Intel DP55SB

4gb Corsair Ram

XFX 5850 1GB

i5 860

Hey folks, no matter what I try I always end up with a grey screen after the apple logo screen. I can see the computer on my network and everything, but can't get to the login screen. I've tried eveything in this thread with no joy. Can't even get it into 32 bit mode.

Any suggestions for the grey screen?

Intel DP55SB

4gb Corsair Ram

XFX 5850 1GB

i5 860

did you try all frambuffers

also do you use hdmi cable

if you use hdmi try trun off screen off then on

Page 1 is updated? i want to install my 5870.

why updated

if you want to use latest trunk

download source of it

and replace ati.c by mine on topic and write your framebuffer on your id line then compile it and use it if you want latest trunk

idont have time to do 30 boot file again it take long time :P

Using Kabyl boot and I have to use rom - if I don't, I get full fan/black screen at startup. I read that with Kabyl boot you don't need rom...?

Also I make no flag and I see Uakari in IOreg. Isn't Kabyl boot supposed to use Vervet by default?

If I use AtiFb=Uakari (or Vervet) than I cannot boot at all...??

Can somebody please explain.

EDIT: ;) very noob. kabyl is r486.

Hi

I have a HD5650M (mobile), This card is almost the same as the HD 54xx series, so I should get this running if I can add the dev-id.

But what's the dev id? I have found in windows:

vendor-id: 1002 (so 0x1002)

dev-id: 68c1 (so 0x68c1 )

What files should i edit to make this work? Thanks!

why updated

download source of it

and replace ati.c by mine on topic and write your framebuffer on your id line then compile it and use it if you want latest trunk

idont have time to do 30 boot file again it take long time :P

where i can found the " latest trunk source"?

i'll compile them if you like

HDMI connector not working in GA-5770 SilentCell...

Card works fine (64Bit) with DVI and your boot files for Vervet, Baboon, Hookock (others not tested) :-)

IoRegistryExplorer shows that the framebuffers are actually used.

However HDMI-port does not recognize a display/projector. Since this also happens when using Kabyl's boot method (or any other I've tried so far), Im' not sure where to look for a solution.

This card is not a reference design since it has only 1 DVI-Port, a HDMI and a DisplayPort -

IoRegistryExplorer shows 3 connectors:

ATY,Hoolock@0: connector-type=0x4, av-signal-type=0x2 (DVI I'm using)

ATY,Hoolock@1: connector-type=0x400, av-signal-type=0x0 (not working)

ATY,Hoolock@2: connector-type=0x400, av-signal-type=0x0 (not tested)

I use a DSDT.aml based on MaLdon's great work.

Maybe somewone has an idea on how to fix this or where to look...

30 framebuffers later ... still no hdmi output :-(

if you don't know just try 30 boot file :D

So I spent (wasted) half a day checking out all 30 framebuffers to get the hdmi port on my 5770 (Gigabyte Silent Cell) to work. Here's what I noticed, so maybe someone can save themselves a few hours (I don't have anything connected to the DisplayPort):

* I could not notice any difference whether UseAtiROM was set to Yes or No *

• DVI works nicely with: Vervet, Baboon, Hoolock, Langur, but no second monitor is discovered (also when turning on later) Some of these modes showed different connector-types for the second (@1) and third (@2) port: 0x800, 0x10, 0x400 - does anyone know what HDMI is?
  • Strange: Uakari produced a picture (star background = default wallpaper), but no mouse or anything - also this is not the wallpaper that I set up before. So I guess the main signal went elsewhere (DisplayPort?)
  • Even stranger: Zonalis was the only mode that (correctly) detected the second monitor, but mixed up the outputs, i.e. output for HDMI was sent to DVI, HDMI didn't show anything (but resolution was claimed to be set to 1980x1200 as before) - maybe this is a strarting point for one of you cracks...
  • All other modes either caused a Curtain of Death (Motmot, Colobus, Caretta...), scrambled the signal to a pattern (Alopias, Triakis, Megalodon...) or had no DVI output at all (black screen, Kipunji, Alouatta)

If someone has a suggestion as to where to go from here, I would be very grateful!!! - I don't really want to return the card as it's really quiet (passive!)

(I used Mohamed's boot files, 10.6.5, 1002_68B8.rom, DSDT.aml, 64 bit kernel, and yes, I know the card is not a reference design as it has only 1 DVI port)

PS: Thanks Mohamed any anyone else making this happen, I just hope to get the last 10% up and running...

so if you know which frambuffer works with you just choose it

if you don't know just try 30 boot file :D

i need feedback for working frambuffer with you ATi hd5000

in future i will try to make frambuffer can be added on boot.plist or as kernel flag

so it will be only one boot file and you can specify your frambuffer on boot plist

Hi,

I have recently switched from 32bit to 64bit kernel and I am using the Uakari boot file.

I have Asus EAH5850 DirectCU card and my display is running @1920x1200x32bit 60Hz (max resolution for my LCD).

Everytime I reboot, the display flickers or there are random red/blue/green pixels until I put the computer to sleep using the power button. After waking up the display works fine. Do you know why that's happening?

Secondly, I want to buy Dell U2711 (2560x1440) display and I am wondering if HD5850 can run two displays - primary @ 2560x1440 and secondary @ 1920x1200. I have one DVI, one HDMI and one Display port.

Finally, Using Cinebench (OpenGL Test) the maximum frame rate I can get is 29fps. Should it be higher? Some people using HD4850 have posted frame rates around 40+ fps.

I will really appreciate any feedback and comment.

Thanks.

First

supported cards

{ 0x100268F9,  "ATI Radeon HD 5400"} ,  
 { 0x100268D9,  "ATI Radeon HD 5500"} ,
 { 0x100268DA,  "ATI Radeon HD 5500"} ,
 { 0x100268D8,  "ATI Radeon HD 5670"} ,
 { 0x100268BE,  "ATI Radeon HD 5750"} ,
 { 0x100268B8,  "ATI Radeon HD 5770"} ,
 { 0x10026899,  "ATI Radeon HD 5850"} ,
 { 0x1002689E,  "ATI Radeon HD 5830"} ,
 { 0x10026898,  "ATI Radeon HD 5870"} ,
 { 0x1002689C,  "ATI Radeon HD 5970"}

see ID not name of card :)

known working card hd5700 hd5800 hd5900 hd5670

second

How to make them work

1- do new install 10.6 or 10.6.3

2- update to 10.6.4

3- install latest chameleon pkg from here

4-replace boot file on root by one of my boot files

5- add to boot.plist this two keys

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>UseAtiROM</key>
 <string>Yes</string>

6- extract your gfx bios by gpuz under windows

7-paste this bios on extra folder after naming it to 1002_xxxx.rom replace xxxx with your device id

8- restart

9-install GFX update 1.0

10- hope it works good for you :)

Hi,

I am a new macOSX user. I'm usin sl 10.6.4 with my x86 based laptop. I have an HD5470 graphics card. I don't understand how to do the 4th and 5th step on your description. Could you please open how to change root file and the boot.plist much more?

Thanx

why updated

download source of it

idont have time to do 30 boot file again it take long time :D

Hi,

where is the Id line to write my framebuffer (zonalis) before compiling ?

Thanks