ATi HD5000 BootLoader !

Mohamed Khairy

302 posts in this topic

Used Vervet FB, but couldnt install GFX update 1.0 since i have 10.6.5.

The system profiler says 5700 series (not 5750)

also the VRAM says 256M (although i have 1GB)

i cannot change my resolution as well.

no dont insall gfx update

i just told you to use vervet boot file noting else

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5550, I've been using Hackintosh for over a year but I can't seem to get this working, even with your bootloader, I've tried every framebuffer with my bios rom but none work, could anyone help? Thanks

I am on the same boat... Trying everything, but so far no success with my "68da"

no dont insall gfx update

i just told you to use vervet boot file noting else

what about the bios image and everything?

I dont have to edit the boot.plist?

just copy the vervet boot file?

do i have to delete the ATY_INIT kext file from extension/extra folder?

Even if i just copy the boot file, the problem is still there.

Just one resolution (1024x768)

and the system profiler shows 5700 series with 256 M of VRAM.

Than It should be removed from first post....

when i made it i made it for test

what about the bios image and everything?

I dont have to edit the boot.plist?

just copy the vervet boot file?

do i have to delete the ATY_INIT kext file from extension/extra folder?

Even if i just copy the boot file, the problem is still there.

Just one resolution (1024x768)

and the system profiler shows 5700 series with 256 M of VRAM.

try use this boot file

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

and also make sure that your card id on

atiradeonx3000

hd5000controller

• 2 weeks later...
here is bootloader for eyefinity hope 6 displays work

put boot file on root

and modules folder on extra

good luck

Eyefinity.zip

Hi Mohamed Khairy! Thank you for your work, it saves my life!!

I just wonder if there something that can be done to avoid fan to be all the time at full-speed. I've tried all framebuffers and the thing is that it only works with Zonalis, with which I got my two monitors working, and Uakari, with which I only have one monitor working BUT fan is not at full-speed, is like there is some power management. The other thing is that with Zonalis I can't reboot or halt my computer (sleeping works fine), is strange...

do you have any idea??

Thank you in advance!!

On windows with ACD 27": 41celcius / 1100 rpm fan (gpuz) - very silent

On mac with Dell 24" and Uakari at 1920x1200 it is very silent.

On mac with ACD 27" and Zonalis at 2560x1440 it is 60 celcius and loud.

This is all in desktop, no applications running except Safari.

Hi Mohamed,

I have exactly the same problem as Nazrm had a while back, using XFX 5870 2GB eyefinity 6. Got it working in 2560x1440 on my dell U2711, thanks to your help, but no QI/CE, and fans are running high and hot. Nazrm says he tried all 30 bootloaders. Is there anything else there can be done? I am really eager to try and work this out, so i can use my OSX partition. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sry for posting somewhat the same as macself above :rolleyes: I will be listening

Hey, I am getting trouble to install two cards too. Can you send me wich guide did you follow?

A lot thanks for the help.

Cheers

Fabrik

Works good here with XFX Ati Radeon 5770 with Vervet.

I have 2 XFX Ati Radeon 5770 cards, if I use just one, everything works 100% fine. If I put in both cards, it recognizes them both fine in system profiler, but if I try to launch Finder or System Preferences, it locks up both of those apps completely.

Will you be adding support so we can run two 5770's ? (I know crossfire isn't supported, but two 5770's are supposed to be possible) any ideas? Thanks!

hey Mohamed Khairy thanks for your tutorial.

i have dell studio 15 laptop with i5 processor with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 running win 7 64bit

but i have issue with gpuz i can't extract gfx bios whenever i click on save bios its give me error

Bios Reading not supported on this device

so plz plz help me :(

and one more thing its sound like stupid but i'm newbi in OSX86

i save my GFX report file using EVEREST Ultimate Edition

maybe in this text file something is there for works ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 on OSX86

so plz plz check the attach report.txt file

Report.txt

Hi Mohamed Khairy,

Thanks a lot for your work,

I have the same problem than NAZM and Kalleg.

I have a XFX 5870 2 Go eyefinity.

It works with the last ATI experimental bootloader (Beast, Tonymac), Zonalis buffer (only 3 DP but it is not a problem for me, I need just 2 or max 3 displays)

I have the same "big" problem than the other : after some minutes the fan begins to run quickly and make noise. It goes on running even if the screen is sleeping (I have no problem with the sleep/wake). I don't have this problem in my Windows session, the card is very quiet.

To finish I don't have the sound in the DP (this is not a main issue as I can ad speakers)

Do you think that I should change my boot file to the one you done for this graphic card (sound and/or fan)?

If you want I can post my IOReg and my ROM

Thanks so much for your help,

You're the best ;)

Hi Mohamed Khairy! Thank you for your work, it saves my life!!

I just wonder if there something that can be done to avoid fan to be all the time at full-speed. I've tried all framebuffers and the thing is that it only works with Zonalis, with which I got my two monitors working, and Uakari, with which I only have one monitor working BUT fan is not at full-speed, is like there is some power management. The other thing is that with Zonalis I can't reboot or halt my computer (sleeping works fine), is strange...

do you have any idea??

Thank you in advance!!

I have the same question.

I'm using the bootloader that detects what framebuffer to use (though they all worked exactly the same for me). The only issue is the fan speed on my 5870. It's very loud. I'm contemplating some sort of Hardware fix like a capacitor or fan controller, but I'm not sure about how the card will perform with that.

Is there a software solution to this issue?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Than It should be removed from first post....

If you are referring to the HD5450, it works, alright. There's a thread in the New Users' Lounge (started by white_apple_x86) that walks you through how (it's a slightly modified version of what's used in this thread, due to the difference in the HD5450 compared to other HD5xxx cards), but I can say from personal testing that it does indeed work.

2011-02-27 22:30:22 -0500

Mac OS X 10.6.6

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1610 MHz

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series

3072 MB System RAM (Score: 87)

- RAM Speed: 2098 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 111)

- Floating Point Operations/Second: 28380020

- Integer Operations/Second: 51335276

- MD5 Hashes Calculated/Second: 456620

Graphics Tests (Score: 83)

- 3D Frames Per Second: 183

Hardware Tests (Score: 17)

- Primary Partition Capacity: 189 GB

- Drive Write Speed: 54 MB/s

The above are from the current version of NovaBench, which I just downloaded from the MacAppStore on my freshly-updated 10.6.6 Hack side.

WHOOHOO :)

Got it working for my XFX HD 5870 :) BTW: i can not see the temp of my GPU; only the mem usage.. how can i display it?

PROCESSOR=AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor

OPENGLVENDOR=ATI Technologies Inc.

OPENGLCARD=ATI Radeon HD 5870 OpenGL Engine

OPENGLVERSION=2.1 ATI-1.6.24

CBTYPE=64 BIT

OSVERSION=OS X 10.6.5

CBCPU1=0.000000

CBCPUX=0.000000

CBOPENGL=33.266426

CBOPENGLQUALITY=99.307182

C4DINFO=

C4DVERSION=11.529

C4DBUILDID=CB25720demo

I get 33.26 FPS on Cinebench, that's okay :)

• 2 months later...

OM :blink: G! I have been trying to install my HIS HD5670 1GB on my retail 10.6.4 for the past 2 weeks having to do countless re-installs! I stumbled on this thread and decided to give it one more go,extremely glad I did :wacko: I can confirm it works using the Uakari Boot file,only tested DVI-out, No more low {censored} resolution,it looks awesome and I couldn't thank you enough for making this thread :)

Edit: After a few days of using the Uakari boot file,I get flickering using my dvi port,but only until i unplug and plug it back in so I will try a different boot file later and post my results

• 3 months later...

I seriously almost fell out of my seat when I finally got my XFX Radeon HD 5750 working with full QE/CI support thanks to this tutorial. I have tried pretty much everything I have found online, and have been at it since May trying to get this to work. You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Just to note, after fresh install I updated straight to the 10.6.7 combo update, so the step with the Snow Leopard Graphics Update wasn't necessary for me. I also had to add my device ID to the ATI5000Controller.kext in order to make it work without garbled graphics. Other than that, I followed the guide to the letter, and ended up with FANTASTIC RESULTS!!!!

systemprofiler.png

• Like 1