AMD and Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.5 --> 10.6.8 Final[GUIDE]

Mohamed Khairy

1,350 posts in this topic

This is a fine tip. AMD CPU and chipset support has been around but this brings together all the missing elements to make at least a bootable partition and go past the registration screen and into desktop.

The problem thereafter with AMD is not with the platform but most of the times with the GPU. If Nviida is embedded, users may have a lot better luck with it. AMD cards are just not that popular with Apple, not until now. But then there is no retro support for the earlier ATI GPU. That is sad to say the least. But it is what it is.

I recently dug up and old machine with AMD SB600 chipset with ATI X1200 IGP. I used this guide to set up without a glitch and took it all the way to 10.6.4. But graphics is another story. The next 2 days I was hunting for kexts but none of them would properly support the IGP. I also have an array of ATI GPU cards but unfortunately also that they are not the right ones.

I finally gave up on perfecting it with a proper kext since I wasted too much time already.

My plan is just to wait for either 10.6.5 and maybe get a next genenration of ATI GPU cards.

yea i think im going to throw in the towel. had no issues at all with the install, but i have some odd hardware. and nothing seems to be working like it does on my intel based laptop. Granted i am a complete noob on this, so i think im in way over my head.

apps are erroring out and all, not supporting 64bit and all, which sux cause i built all this about 10 months ago (not intending to put mac on it)... after all said and done it was about a about 3600bux...granted that might not be much to some out there but it is for me :P runs the {censored} outta windows though... i just hate windows, its so intrusive these days.

Anyway, thank you all for your help

I aready throw in the towel..

install ok but all the time you have to use boot cd to load SL.

Hardware another problem.

overclock my AMD run fine with Windows 7 & Ubuntu

is worth for time and head itches for SL?

not for me..

I aready throw in the towel..

install ok but all the time you have to use boot cd to load SL.

Hardware another problem.

overclock my AMD run fine with Windows 7 & Ubuntu

is worth for time and head itches for SL?

not for me..

I got the same problem. I cant start up snow leo without the bootcd. Beacuse I have no boot.plist file. And i have installed chameleon but i don't find the boot.plist. It's vague in the tuturial becuase i dont have the file. I already tried the Chameleon RC5 install but after that i also don't find a boot.plist.

Regards.

Nvidia 295 gtx

nvidia 9800 gt (sees fine)

pci sata add in card (as i have 5 wd veloci raptor 10k rpm hard drives for windows only) i need more sata ports

asus xonar 1.3 deluxe video card which is using hdmi to my surround receiver (hdmi out seems to be an issue)

8gb memory

i read that they have got the 295 working decently on it but i dont think the other stuff is gonna work. granted i am noob so thats the main factor.

booting with a cd wouldnt be a big deal for me, i could just leave the cd in 1 of my drives.

Hi, I had a OSx 10.6.0 running in my windows vista 64 bits. I wanted to install XCODE so I download the SDK and XCODE and when I tried to install it. It said that I need version 10.6.2 or later... so I follow this thread instructions to upgrade after several failed attempt.

Now I have 10.6.4 but when I try to install XCODE I have a "Installer quit unexpectably" error each time I try to run the installer. I downloaded several times... and allways the same error. Some1 knows why this happens and how to fix it ???

Thx

btw I have a Quad Core AMD II 940

Hi, I had a OSx 10.6.0 running in my windows vista 64 bits. I wanted to install XCODE so I download the SDK and XCODE and when I tried to install it. It said that I need version 10.6.2 or later... so I follow this thread instructions to upgrade after several failed attempt.

Now I have 10.6.4 but when I try to install XCODE I have a "Installer quit unexpectably" error each time I try to run the installer. I downloaded several times... and allways the same error. Some1 knows why this happens and how to fix it ???

Thx

btw I have a Quad Core AMD II 940

reffer to kernel section on topic on last update follow it

Hello Community,

I have the restart loop with this BootCD 0.5 from 8/10/2010.

I have the Sata DVD-Drive and my 250GB Sata HDD run on Sata-AHCI Mode.

My Specs are:

Asus M4A89GTD USB3/Pro

AMD Phenom II 1055T @ 4Ghz [CPURatio on 16]

4GB G.Skill 1333

HD5770 1GB

W-Lan = Edimax 7728g

If I must post more Specs or something else can I do this.

DragMac ... ("Sorry for my BAD english ^^")

Hello Community,

I have the restart loop with this BootCD 0.5 from 8/10/2010.

I have the Sata DVD-Drive and my 250GB Sata HDD run on Sata-AHCI Mode.

My Specs are:

Asus M4A89GTD USB3/Pro

AMD Phenom II 1055T @ 4Ghz [CPURatio on 16]

4GB G.Skill 1333

HD5770 1GB

W-Lan = Edimax 7728g

If I must post more Specs or something else can I do this.

DragMac ... ("Sorry for my BAD english ^^")

please update Motherboard Bios

and load default setting

just about every app i tried to download and install i would get that same error message. quit unexpectedly

what about you talk

Hmmm......

I have updated my BIOS and load the default settings. But there is still the restart loop. Then I have changed to the AHCI-Mode and there is always the restart loop.

What can I do? Is it important that the CPURatio must be 16?

Hmmm......

I have updated my BIOS and load the default settings. But there is still the restart loop. Then I have changed to the AHCI-Mode and there is always the restart loop.

What can I do? Is it important that the CPURatio must be 16?

when it restart

is it retart once you choose apple dvd

and please check cpu configuration on bios

and you can try use

cpus=6

hello there, i allready have running system, om my phenom 9600amd, but reading this forum, i have myself updated my motherboard MSI k9a2 cf, and finally i can turn ahci mode, (was using IDE all the time) booted my 10.6.4 and first thing i have felt was the performance boost, seem great, but not i have strange system Blackouts, just from nothing running -force64 (64+32bit apps on amd) i have these black screen, and restars... wondering who can cause it? installed newer fakesmc kext but problem the same... maybe some one might answer

Update, this is the last line when system crashes, what does it mean?

10/13/10 6:40:52 PM [0x0-0x34034].dsdtparser.DSDTParserApp[319] INFO: unable to load configuration for: class jsyntaxpane.syntaxkits.DsdtSyntaxKit from: jsyntaxpane/syntaxkits/DsdtSyntaxKit/config.properties

But the last thing is: Mounting done. Then restart automatically ... Then I must put the retail DVD in my DVD drive or what?

can you vedio booting :)

to understand when it restart :P

hello there, i allready have running system, om my phenom 9600amd, but reading this forum, i have myself updated my motherboard MSI k9a2 cf, and finally i can turn ahci mode, (was using IDE all the time) booted my 10.6.4 and first thing i have felt was the performance boost, seem great, but not i have strange system Blackouts, just from nothing running -force64 (64+32bit apps on amd) i have these black screen, and restars... wondering who can cause it? installed newer fakesmc kext but problem the same... maybe some one might answer

Update, this is the last line when system crashes, what does it mean?

10/13/10 6:40:52 PM [0x0-0x34034].dsdtparser.DSDTParserApp[319] INFO: unable to load configuration for: class jsyntaxpane.syntaxkits.DsdtSyntaxKit from: jsyntaxpane/syntaxkits/DsdtSyntaxKit/config.properties

i didnt understand your problem !!!

explane it clearly

ok, I will try it :P

And my PC is still reboot -.-

i had installed iAtkosv7 ... the installation has worked ... after installation there was greyscreen with Kernel(panic)

i have turned off my PC and then I have boot Mac from my HDD. The first time it works, but after Restart because i had installed my Wirelesscard driver, there come a Firewire error -.-

But unfortunately the bootCD dont work. ;)

Must i edit the files from BootCD? IF yes, then please tell me how^^ because i hadn't used Mac before ... only Linux and Windows^^

I think Mac is the best of these, but i cant install it -.-

ok, I will try it :unsure:

And my PC is still reboot -.-

i had installed iAtkosv7 ... the installation has worked ... after installation there was greyscreen with Kernel(panic)

i have turned off my PC and then I have boot Mac from my HDD. The first time it works, but after Restart because i had installed my Wirelesscard driver, there come a Firewire error -.-

But unfortunately the bootCD dont work. :(

Must i edit the files from BootCD? IF yes, then please tell me how^^ because i hadn't used Mac before ... only Linux and Windows^^

I think Mac is the best of these, but i cant install it -.-

see your pm

done your guide, everything go well untill phaze when boot after installing snow leopard, i put bootcd on and start to boot my snowleopard, and then i got grey screen, twisting with black one, so theres grey screen, pliting with black, and that goes forever, where is the problem?tried -x-v same thing,

amd 9600

msi k9a2cf

installed GUID table on IDE hard drive (this causing it?)

geforce 8500 gt

achi enabled..

heres the screenshot

dscn2252g.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

done your guide, everything go well untill phaze when boot after installing snow leopard, i put bootcd on and start to boot my snowleopard, and then i got grey screen, twisting with black one, so theres grey screen, pliting with black, and that goes forever, where is the problem?tried -x-v same thing,

amd 9600

msi k9a2cf

installed GUID table on IDE hard drive (this causing it?)

geforce 8500 gt

achi enabled..

heres the screenshot

dscn2252g.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

lol people have this problem

boot with -x after setup

this because

people have nvidia card

intro vedio of mac works

and this need program to work

and cpuid didnt patched so vedio crash and screen get blinking

so when boot in safe mode -x intro disabled and pass to next :)

as you say tried -x

try

-v -x -f

fly patching doesnt work on 64bit mode so programs crashes and must patch two files as on topic

but 32bit work nearlly good

so iwill make next boot cd on 32bit mode :)

added new bootcd with 32bit mode so i think intro will work as it must be :)

here is my question!!my specs here :

mobo : asus M4A89

cpu : amd phenom II X4 965

hard drive : 2 sata in raid 0

so..my question is.??!!??can i install in any way SL on raid drives??i have win7 installed!!u say that if i have raid i CANNOT..but with some googl-ing :wacko: i found out that there is a way!!!

plz can u help me??