Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

didn't work :)

So no change at all? Sad. My guess is it must be something either in the DSDT or somehow it's defaulting to say, displayport out rather than internal screen. Somehow would need to flip that (again I think in DSDT). If I had the dock for my X201T I could check that (have you tried any of the external outs other than your defualt? like HDMI, DVI, VGA)

P.S.

If anyone comes across a way to get Lion installed, I'll go ahead and give that a shot. It's very well possible that the kext's wont work without Lions kernel or other dependences (as it's a x64 only OS now)

So no change at all? Sad. My guess is it must be something either in the DSDT or somehow it's defaulting to say, displayport out rather than internal screen. Somehow would need to flip that (again I think in DSDT). If I had the dock for my X201T I could check that (have you tried any of the external outs other than your defualt? like HDMI, DVI, VGA)

P.S.

If anyone comes across a way to get Lion installed, I'll go ahead and give that a shot. It's very well possible that the kext's wont work without Lions kernel or other dependences (as it's a x64 only OS now)

I also think that, DSDT could be the answer.

The solution may be similar to the X3100

X3100 fix

But I can't test it now, maybe tomorrow :)

Intel only

The answer to the black screen is on FB, we need an expert to help us :P

Screenshot

Kexts

works on the kexts Asus k52jc I5-430M + graphics enabler yes

except:

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

to remove these two kext

OPENGL WORKS (translucent bar, DVD player ok )

1024X768 ONLY

DSDT FOR I5

dsdt.aml.zip

have a ASUS K52JC it is in X64 put the dsdt which my summer made by MaLd0n I think it should function with all I5 it my licence to fix extinction for me east can be information so that the INTELHD functions if some is able to modify the two KEXTS which pose problem

have a ASUS K52JC it is in X64 put the dsdt which my summer made by MaLd0n I think it should function with all I5 it my licence to fix extinction for me east can be information so that the INTELHD functions if some is able to modify the two KEXTS which pose problem

You have a link to your dsdt by chance? Would love to try the combination on my X201T (even though it's i7). I'll be trying diffrent/modified kext's later this afternoon, and would love to have all the variables to play with.

The DSDT crashes my i7... so we should find out what in this DSDT enables the translucent menubar.

When you have the translucent menubar, is any framebuffer kext loaded? (kextstat)

You have a link to your dsdt by chance? Would love to try the combination on my X201T (even though it's i7). I'll be trying diffrent/modified kext's later this afternoon, and would love to have all the variables to play with.

it is in my higher POST

The DSDT crashes my i7... so we should find out what in this DSDT enables the translucent menubar.

When you have the translucent menubar, is any framebuffer kext loaded? (kextstat)

non y have remove

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

yes if not that functions at all

Doesn't sound right, that's probably why you cant change the resolution or fact it's slightly wonky. So sounds like our issue is in the FB/GA files, that's stopping us from loading properly.

Starting to wish there was an easy tool to see how all these files are linked to each other by. Downloading Xcode 4 to see if I'm just missing something.

Maik:

Are the kexts your linked earlier from lion or just the new macbooks? We might just be running into a kernel/something issue. (if thats the case and anyone finds out how we can boot a lion install, let me know ASAP and I can give that a shot, I have developer access...)

As Vani mentioned to me:

Somehow I think it might have to do with the following strings found in the kext:

strings AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB | grep -e "AAPL"

AAPL00,DualLink

AAPL00,PixelFormat

AAPL00,T1

AAPL00,T2

AAPL00,T3

AAPL00,T4

AAPL00,T5

AAPL00,T6

AAPL00,T7

AAPL00,InverterFrequency

AAPL00,BacklightIntensity

AAPL00,override-no-connect

AAPL01,override-no-connect

AAPL00,override-has-edid

AAPL01,override-has-edid

AAPL00,override-no-edid

AAPL01,override-no-edid

AAPL00,override-has-edid-digital

AAPL01,override-has-edid-digital

AAPL00,no-hotplug-support

AAPL01,no-hotplug-support

AAPL,os-info

AAPL,boot-display

AAPL00,EDID

AAPL01,EDID

AAPL00,display-alias

AAPL01,display-alias

AAPL,SelfRefreshSupported

AAPL,display-alias

AAPL00,IgnoreConnection

AAPL00,no-hotplug-interrupt

AAPL01,IgnoreConnection

AAPL01,no-hotplug-interrupt

That goes along with my thought before that it's meerly the system doesn't know the proper setups of our hardware in terms of where display is located and all that other jazz. Probably need to figure a way to trigger some of those over-rides... I'm not terribly familar with Kexts past the plists :D

• Like 1

I deleted both kexts and got surprisingly accelerated desktop. Looks like a step forward since i have have hybrid-graphics. Do you guys also get a slightly distorted screen when you activate one of the quarz screensavers ?

Do you have any framebuffer kext loaded now? (E.g., the GMA950 or X3100 one?)

I deleted both kexts and got surprisingly accelerated desktop. Looks like a step forward since i have have hybrid-graphics. Do you guys also get a slightly distorted screen when you activate one of the quarz screensavers ?

yes for distorted screen

[OT] gerard71, i have your same laptop, with different cpu, I entered your dsdt.aml and now I can not boot snow leopard, you think might go well for me your dsdt? [/OT]

I have intel HD and I wish I could help

gerard71, i have your same laptop, with different cpu, I entered your dsdt.aml and now I can not boot snow leopard, you think might go well for me your dsdt?

I am in the same boat - we need to find out what in that DSDT makes acceleration work, that way we can add that part only to our DSDTs.

[OT] gerard71, i have your same laptop, with different cpu, I entered your dsdt.aml and now I can not boot snow leopard, you think might go well for me your dsdt? [/OT]

I have intel HD and I wish I could help

I can not say for dsdt must be tested is another boot disk Relief

event of a crash I've been more for the world to see if there is any thing that has to take into

because c is Maldon that makes me not

sorry my English is not good