Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

Alright no idea where I found these... But this might work from a certain newer Cat:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n6pd62lietroa31

Those are all the intel budeld drivers, there is the GL driver missing but it's not seemingly there on install... Then again these very well might give same results as current ones. Due note might have to boot x64 for them to work.

*update*

I'm only getting my thinkpad up to speed now so can't be trying these yet myself :/

Ignore what I wrote... Wonder what is the reason why Lion has older drivers than the one posted before from the new macbook pro's. Odd. Looking forward to the next lion update...

I'm still fighting with my instalation but anybody tried the older framebuffer(like from my lion set) with the newer drivers?

Doesn't sound right, that's probably why you cant change the resolution or fact it's slightly wonky. So sounds like our issue is in the FB/GA files, that's stopping us from loading properly.

Starting to wish there was an easy tool to see how all these files are linked to each other by. Downloading Xcode 4 to see if I'm just missing something.

Maik:

Are the kexts your linked earlier from lion or just the new macbooks? We might just be running into a kernel/something issue. (if thats the case and anyone finds out how we can boot a lion install, let me know ASAP and I can give that a shot, I have developer access...)

That goes along with my thought before that it's meerly the system doesn't know the proper setups of our hardware in terms of where display is located and all that other jazz. Probably need to figure a way to trigger some of those over-rides... I'm not terribly familar with Kexts past the plists :gun:

The kexts are from the new MBPs

later I'll post some information I got from IOReg comparing a MacBook with my Lenovo

works on the kexts Asus k52jc I5-430M + graphics enabler yes

except:

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

to remove these two kext

OPENGL WORKS (translucent bar, DVD player ok )

1024X768 ONLY

DSDT FOR I5

Ive used gerards dsdt, removed the fb.kext and ga.plugin and yup, got openGL working .....

a whole lot of artifacts and distortion as anything that gets accelerated shows up on the screen, to get rid of it i have to move the window around. have played a video and looks good, now only for the crappy resolution.

Ive used gerards dsdt, removed the fb.kext and ga.plugin and yup, got openGL working .....

a whole lot of artifacts and distortion as anything that gets accelerated shows up on the screen, to get rid of it i have to move the window around. have played a video and looks good, now only for the crappy resolution.

Lenovo Z460

Core i3 370M

3GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics only

Are you guys using the stock vanilla 10.6.6 Kernel?

Are you guys using the stock vanilla 10.6.6 Kernel?

Im on darwin 10.6.0 64bit .... unable to run 10.6.6 ...i suspect crappy insydeH2o bios wont let me use it.

I have tried to roll back to 10.6.6 intelhd kexts, with those im back to no acceleration.

any suggestions as to what to try next?

quick update: ive gotten rid of dsdt, used my own and on both, im still getting acceleration.

to sum it up, just those lion kexts without the two mentioned earlier, will get me openGL.

i will look into the x4500 walkaround and see if similar way would get me my native resolution. this 1024x768 .....

If you guys look into your VESA 3 supported modes in chameleon, do you get bunch of blank modes, with 1024x768x32 being the highest?

quick update: ive gotten rid of dsdt, used my own and on both, im still getting acceleration.

to sum it up, just those lion kexts without the two mentioned earlier, will get me openGL.

i will look into the x4500 walkaround and see if similar way would get me my native resolution. this 1024x768 .....

If you guys look into your VESA 3 supported modes in chameleon, do you get bunch of blank modes, with 1024x768x32 being the highest?

Have you tried setting the graphics mode at boot? And your using the lion Kext's I linked to (the previous ones were from the new macbooks) if so then your the first that got the Lion Kext's to work. Do you have any corruption?

Have you tried setting the graphics mode at boot? And your using the lion Kext's I linked to (the previous ones were from the new macbooks) if so then your the first that got the Lion Kext's to work. Do you have any corruption?

got graphics mode set to my native res .... still can only get 1024x768 ......

theres couple more ppl that got it to work with their dsdt

as for the corruption-i do, check the screenie above that ive posted.

what i would really want is someone to try to install the lion developer and see what happens. i cant do that as it needs GUID and on my other partition ive got windows with all my work, cant loose that.

I tried the new kexts:

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB ==> system won't boot

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin ==> Big distorsions

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDrivers.bundle ==> Small distorsions

But if you remove this 3 packages it's works fine.

(1024*768 only and no openGL, but small graphic acceleration)

Removing the FB and the GA.plugin does not give us full acceleration, only partial

Thats right. You can see that when switching on the spaces selector or dropping in new widgets into the dashboard (ripple-test). Looks like just a part of QE is enabled but CI (Core Image) isn't.

I have a Lenovo T510 with Core i7 @2.6ghz.

Until yesterday, I was only able to get a screen by booting into single user mode and kextloading the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and then 'exit' to continue the boot process. You'll note that the kexts are already loaded in single mode (kextstat | grep AppleIntelHD), so reloading them maybe disables them or stops them from interfering. Not 100% sure about this.

But, after removing AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle then rebuilding caches I have managed to get a basic screen working at 1200x800 (native is 1600x900) without going into single mode to begin with.

I was hoping with the core i5 13" being released there would be an update to allow the Intel HD graphics to work without a seperate gfx chip, but it didn't happen, so I think the HD drivers that came with 10.6.6 already work with the new MBPs. This leads me to believe the answer is in the AppleGraphicsPower or AppleGraphicsControl.kext. There are some quite interesting keys inside the Info.plists. I think the only other possibility is to get an ioreg from the new 13" MBP and find a hack for the DSDT.

BTW - My SL got updated to 10.6.6 mysteriously somehow, I cloned the image from a macbookpro 7,1 @10.6.5 and I didn't update it manually! Once after I booted it, I noticed the new app store on the dock...

I have a Lenovo T510 with Core i7 @2.6ghz.

Until yesterday, I was only able to get a screen by booting into single user mode and kextloading the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and then 'exit' to continue the boot process. You'll note that the kexts are already loaded in single mode (kextstat | grep AppleIntelHD), so reloading them maybe disables them or stops them from interfering. Not 100% sure about this.

Interesting, never heard of someone doing that.

But, after removing AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle then rebuilding caches I have managed to get a basic screen working at 1200x800 (native is 1600x900) without going into single mode to begin with.

I was hoping with the core i5 13" being released there would be an update to allow the Intel HD graphics to work without a seperate gfx chip, but it didn't happen, so I think the HD drivers that came with 10.6.6 already work with the new MBPs. This leads me to believe the answer is in the AppleGraphicsPower or AppleGraphicsControl.kext. There are some quite interesting keys inside the Info.plists. I think the only other possibility is to get an ioreg from the new 13" MBP and find a hack for the DSDT.

I never heard of these before, I'll do some fiddling latter this afternoon. Sounds like a really good possibility of getting it proper. There might also be a .plist somewhere in System/Libraries or even at a stretch User/Libraries that controls the default actions of the kext. As on macs that have the dual GPU's you can set the default. So it that data must be stored somewhere, more so for the original dual GPU Macbook Pro since you had to logout/restart for it to take affect.

MAik, was your ioreg output for the 13 in Macbook? I'm still reading up on this hacky world of DSDT tweaks... Besides plist editing I'll be useless for kexts :P Not that much of a coder, just a Graphic/Web Designer... Think you can upload the same kext's from the same build you uploaded the AppleIntel files from? It might be all we need, just having the proper match! (though that's wishful, regardless better to hack with same set)

BTW - My SL got updated to 10.6.6 mysteriously somehow, I cloned the image from a macbookpro 7,1 @10.6.5 and I didn't update it manually! Once after I booted it, I noticed the new app store on the dock...

Odd mysterious update, can't say I've ever had that happen on a machine!

I wish ive gotten different resolution rather than 1024x768 ...... and ive tried to shuffle the kexts in all possible ways.

seeing the GL kick in is nice, even with the random distortions, also not seeing the "no kext loaded" in HW info is a step forward .... now the higher res than the one stated would make my heart happier too ......

coda what kexts r u using? stock 10.6.6?

odkud jsi z ceska?

I wish ive gotten different resolution rather than 1024x768 ...... and ive tried to shuffle the kexts in all possible ways.

seeing the GL kick in is nice, even with the random distortions, also not seeing the "no kext loaded" in HW info is a step forward .... now the higher res than the one stated would make my heart happier too ......

coda what kexts r u using? stock 10.6.6?

odkud jsi z ceska?

Stock kexts from 10.6.6 but also i used some stuff from iBeast (/extra) particularly his com.apple.xxx and smbios.plist. I have also played with the Info.plist inside the AppleIntelGraphics/Control kexts.

I will have to make a summary of what I have done.

i still think we need a dsdt hack and or some efi string.

(Ja jsem anglican, ale bydlim v cesko, v brne.)

I thought I'd post my current configuration here for reference.

Mac OSX 10.6.6. Lenovo T510, core i7 620M (Arrandale), no discrete GPU.

Extensions in /Extra:

# ls -1 /Extra/Extensions
		   AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
		   AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
		   fakesmc.kext
		   Intel82566MM.kext
		   IONetworkingFamily.kext
		   VoodooPS2Controller.kext

smbios.plist:

# cat /Extra/smbios.plist 
		   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
		   <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
		   <plist version="1.0">
		   <dict>
			   <key>SMfamily</key>
			   <string>MacBook Pro</string>
			   <key>SMproductname</key>
			   <string>MacBookPro6,1</string>
			   <key>SMboardproduct</key>
			   <string>Mac-F22589C8</string>
			   <key>SMserial</key>
			   <string>W834765J1GA</string>
			   <key>SMbiosversion</key>
			   <string>[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com</string>
		   </dict>
		   </plist>

com.apple.Boot.plist:

# cat /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
		   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
		   <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
		   <plist version="1.0">
		   <dict>
			   <key>Kernel</key>
			   <string>mach_kernel</string>
			   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
			   <string>arch=i386</string>
			   <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
			   <string>No</string>
			   <key>Graphics Mode</key>
			   <string>1600x900x32</string>
			   <key>Timeout</key>
			   <string>3</string>
			   <key>Legacy Logo</key>
			   <string>Yes</string>
			   <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
			   <string>Yes</string>
		   </dict>
		   </plist>

from AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
			   <string>2.8.68</string>

from AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

<string>100.12.19</string>

from AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

<string>1.6.26</string>
							   <key>IOClass</key>
							   <string>Gen575</string>
							   <key>IODVDBundleName</key>
							   <string>AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver</string>
							   <key>IOGLBundleName</key>
							   <string>AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver</string>
							   <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
							   <string>IOAccelerator</string>
							   <key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
							   <string>0x03000000&0xff000000</string>
							   <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
							   <string>0x00448086 0x00468086</string>

^----0046 matches IntelHD on core i7.

Disabled extensions:

# ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/*.old
	 drwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 3 Mar 27  2010 AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.old
	 drwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 3 Mar 27  2010 AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle.old

What I do find interesting are these statements inside AppleVADriver.bundle/Contents/Info.plist:

<key>MacBookPro6,1</key>
		 <dict>
			 <key>bDualGPU</key>
			   <True/>
			 <key>boostIG</key>
			   <True/>
		 </dict>

...There seems to be these keys for all but the new 8,1 MBP's...