Banned from oink, why?

34 posts in this topic

It's a good thing that the admins are strict. Their job is to keep the site clean and running well. They only want quality files and quality users. They'd rather run the risk of being accused of being rude and having a site that was run extremly well than a chance of having problems. The one think I like about OiNK is that you know the stuff isn't transcoded, you know that you'll get EXTREMLY fast(<1s) response times from the tracker compared to upwards of 20-30s for public trackers, and you know that you'll likely download a file at upwards of 1.5MB/sec versus 50K on a public site. OiNK is run well, and I respsect the admins. While their measures may seem a bit drastic, it's better to have no cheaters and a few false positives than having cheaters on the site.

I think I'll side with you, although some of them are just gerks, but some are cool.... :D i love the site tho, its one of the best set ups ive ever seen, the best all around.

oh, and ps, anyone who reinvites you will get banned if caught.... so... im definately not going to be the one to doo it, sorry, sucks, have fun... :-p :)

bwhsh8r is right. They really do have a great site. I do grow frustrated with all of their rules and stuff but I guess it's what builds up a site in that sort of way. Stuff like having to do one of hte picture identifier things to log in is stupid. What purpose does that serve?

bwhsh8r is right. They really do have a great site. I do grow frustrated with all of their rules and stuff but I guess it's what builds up a site in that sort of way. Stuff like having to do one of hte picture identifier things to log in is stupid. What purpose does that serve?

That bugs me too, but i think, its so that people cant hijack one of your cookies, hack it, and then tell a computer to login as you and {censored} all over your account.... kinda far out (although that happens on myspace alot....) but thats the only thing i can even get close to being logical at all.... :-p

• 6 months later...
Apparently you don't have to do much to get banned from oink, from what I read and there's plenty been said you could just look sideways and receive a ban. Then it seems people get upset by these bans. My advice is to boycott the place anyway. It harks back to the days of the social club mentality where self appointed committees presided over everything and their word was law and was not to be challenged.

Exactly. I just sent an admin a pretty pissed off post about how damn postcopish they are, and got a stern reply back. So, I take my plea to the forums with a nice long post about how it would be nice to allow elearning videos that are NOT of applications, instruments, or whatever their third extremely focused third category is. That post lasted ALMOST a minute.

So, my official thoughts are {censored} OINK. I'm downloading my entire ration allotment right now, and more, and will continue to do so until they ban me. I've also invited myself at different email addresses twice now so I can sell those on eBay and get my donation to their site back.

And if any OiNK admins are reading this, I have a message for you. Shrink your head a little. You are not the all-powerful interwebs god you think you are. Oh, and {censored} off, jackasses. Once I sell my invites on eBay, I'll send you a thank you card with my IP address on it so you can ban my IP address from the site.

Oink is full of nice people, all trying to avoid pissing off the {censored} that admin the place.

I'm with the last guy - if you want my email addresses and IP, you can gladly have them. Please ban me so I'm not tempted!

Why are you guys so pissed... It's mad anybody would change their ISP over being banned from a single website.

Why not just use a different tracker? If these guys are such a**holes, they won't have any members soon, and the site will die, and it'll be their comeuppance.

I have also my fair share of complaints. They have far too many rules, some which don't seem to make much sense.

At the moment I am sharing 7 files, some apparently much in demand, and yet I have uploaded 115.11 MB/day!!!

They banned Transmission 0.71 without any notice, and on that day I wasn't acknowledged almost 400 MB upload.

And why do you have to identify yourself with a code so often? Never seen that before, in any forum.

Overall it feels worse than the Gentoo forums many years ago, which was full of arrogant mods and admins.

Demonoid rules!!!

Haha, i have my personal feelings about oink, but it seems that the admins (slightly misguided and overzealous) goal is to just protect the site from all but the best of seeders/leechers and keep it full of only people who contribute as much as they take

My situation with that site.... i hope it doesnt happen to any one else, 2.5 freaking ratio, down the toilet, and they wouldnt even really tell me what happened

just got a "cheating" and an instant ban from the irc help.

My situation with that site.... i hope it doesnt happen to any one else, 2.5 freaking ratio, down the toilet, and they wouldnt even really tell me what happened

just got a "cheating" and an instant ban from the irc help.

See what i mean? It is a bloody lunatic asylum.