Banned from oink, why?

34 posts in this topic

I got banned from Oink me uk today. For CHEATING!confused2hw.gif209219.gif

I wouldn't know how to cheat a torrent tracker.

So I asked why through the IRC channel and get banned from there, and werse it keeps shutting down my PC

So I get a friend who I invited to ask. But get told not to hassle other members as, I know why!?!

But I don't. I don't need to cheat. I have an adsl 2 line which gives me 1.5mbps upload.

I was using utorrent 1.6, CfosSpeed and a router, but thats all legal.

Two torrents went down like the tracker had removed them, I checked the log but it hadn't. I downloaded the torrents again and they registered as new torrents and I delected the brocken ones. That was the only odd thing I noticed.

So there must have been a glitch,3_8_14.gif BUT WHY NOT SPEEK TO ME. Am I that {censored}?h074.gif

I go on because I really liked that site and worked hard to build up my ratio and share things I had with others.sobbing.gif

Oh {censored}.girl_werewolf.gif

I will go to an internet cafe to get around the IRC ban and try and ask again.

I didn't get my dole money ever today, which should have paid me my two weekly moneys. Not much money, not enough to feed yourself properly. Even when it dose arrive. And oinks has pushed me over the edge. I can't go on like this ! I'll get some {censored} £5 an hour job while living in one of the most expencive citys, but as is my lot in life.animo10.gif Nothing helps on days like this.sad.gif

If your an oink member and you can PM the admin this text without hassling them or you, please do.

I do try to be a good person, stealing music but not from a community I was part of.

Oh, I'll leave it there, else I'll go on all night but it dose help just a little to rant like this instead of trying to log on to thier irc channel.

A very sad

free30

edit. spelling grama and such

And I went to the Internet Cafe to ask, but am none the wiser, other than to say that my utoreent 1.6 was behaving unlike anyother utorrent client.

I got banned four times from the IRC and run out of internet cafes and money. If anybody has any idear why this all happened to me please PM me.

And in the mean time if anybody has an invite to any other good sites, I'm not a cheat and would be really greatful.

Well for me somethings are too good to be true.

Free30

So it's looking like I had my settings on utorrent too high and some data didn't get sent by utorrent or Cfos packet shaper. But that shouldn't get me banned??

I was told that it was clear that I was cheating.

Anyone got any other idears? I have an image of my system from when I got banned so could find anything that might be there.

I really want to get to the bottom of this, though I'm slowly getting over it.

Free30

Edit. and just got this

START

""Hey there....I just had the samething happen today but at (******). They say they have hardcore proof that I was cheating...when in fact I wasn't. I tried to plead my case but they just banned me from the IRC, so I have no way of getting through now.

The only thing that changed is I got a new router ports were open though and the new version (1.6) of Utorrent. I wonder if there is something new in version 1.6 that makes it look as if it's cheating. Maybe if we get the word out, we can get unbanned from our respective sites.

I'm switching back to asaurus in the meantime. I don't want to get banned from any other sites!

I have an indietorrents invite if you want that...

You're right though...life isn't fair. I was a long time, fair user at (******)...

Bummer...

Do you have any invites for good TV/Movie trackers?

Thanks,

*******""

END

The oink guys are punks, IMO. They are always hateful to just about everyone I've seen, and they've banned Transmission twice now (while other trackers are just fine with it).

I'm glad they've got good stuff and that I don't have to come in contact with their admins at all.

My ratio was 1.5 at the start of the day and 1.1 when I got banned. I could upload at 150kbs so that shouldn't matter.

And yes it is good that people like me take the time to support the site so that they have good stuff. I wish I had a few more alternative.

This whole thing is becoming sybolic of my life.

thanks

Free30

they've banned Transmission twice now (while other trackers are just fine with it).

Transmission DOES have some problems that the developer knows about and refuses to fix. Mostly problems related to download - doesnt always report it. Though the upload is fine.

As for being banned at oink, you have a transparent proxy from your ISP? that might be why. If not, who knows. *shrugs*

Do you want an demonoid invite because they are good. here are 3 invitation codes and if these get used before you get to them pm me

xmfwpg901pp

tnpcst7j

max

Edit: removed the last one and i am going to pm it to you

I have some invites, i'll just reinvite you back. Use a diffrent torrent client to start off with (Azerous) and then move over to uTorrent when a new release comes out or revert back to the old ver.

Give me your email address you want invited. I've learned not to care about anything on that {censored}hole, as far as they are concered. Ratio is everything, it's NOT about the so called sharing of music.

Yeah, my problem with the Transmission thing is the way they handled it. Essentially, if you disagree with them, they really don't care - they just point you to the door.

Apparently you don't have to do much to get banned from oink, from what I read and there's plenty been said you could just look sideways and receive a ban. Then it seems people get upset by these bans. My advice is to boycott the place anyway. It harks back to the days of the social club mentality where self appointed committees presided over everything and their word was law and was not to be challenged.

As is the way of the lawless world. A little power currupts. And those who most want to abuse it try hardest to get it.

Order, I used to hate it but as I get older I understand why.

As for a boycott, a week ago I wouldn't have thought about it and there will always be more people out there. But yes I will boycott them, even if it is enforced. And I'll encurage other to do the same. Their relality will be created by their views and actions, and I don't envy them.

Thanks, an ever changing,

Free30

No No don't mean to paint you with the same brush. You guys have always proofed to be the best, the very best. And do you know who benefits from that the most? You do. Thanks for all the work it's really good, this site has provided me with help, support, laughs got me thinking, allowed me to try and help others and I guess more things than I could think of. Thank you all staff and members.

I think at Oink they are all volunteers, be nice to think the staff here get some remuneration form adds and stuff. Ever why thanks ever so.

And if there's anything I could ever do to support you in your good work, just ask.

Free30

Thanks, free30 - I knew what you were trying to say. Thanks for the compliments. :)

All of our staff are volunteers here too. We like to keep the ad money around for site improvements, giveaways, charity donations, and similar things.

I hear ya on abuse of power, I had a run in with mods at bitmetv. I was uploading the OZ series DVD's when I was half way through season 3 I got a warning for breaking the rule on multiple ISO torrents, they told me to delete them. I asked why they had this stupid rule and asked for it to be voted on by the users, they replied with this site is not a democracy and if you don't like it then leave. Nice reply for someone who has helped make the site what it is, I rank 140th top uploader out of 23000 users with over 1.1 terabytes uploaded. I use to be in the top 50 but these guy's with huge upload speeds have push me down in rank. So for questioning their rules they gave me another warning for 30 days. Well with their {censored} attitudes they lost a good uploader, I'm finished with uploading any new content, I'm now a 100% leecher.

I got banned from OiNK last night for cheating. It was due to being naive that I got banned. I was trying to do one thing and ended up doing something unintended. Next think I know, up came a message that I was banned for cheating. I was completely stunned. It was late so I went to bed. Woke up early and tried to contact them via email, which got rejected as undeliverable. I found my way into the online help room and gave a quick outline of what happened. Within seconds, I get 10 users calling me a cheater, like the Latvians were calling Kramer "Kavorka" in that Seinfeld episode. Less than a minute later I was unceremoniously booted from the online help room and denied any further access.

Anyway, I found this forum doing a search on the words "oink banned". The whole episode has been an education. I can't get over how they ban you and then leave no avenue for appeal. Thankfully by finding this forum, I just signed up at demenoid (who have open registrations) and hopefully they can replace OiNK for me.

hey cut across, can you tell us what you were doing specifically on there, how you were "naive"? there are a lot better sites than demonoid, but its solid for just about everything... unfortunately oink is just about the best place out there for music, so that sucks.. i got banned from there too for using a "hacked" version of utorrent, and i was not treated any better than you even though i had been on there for 5 months and had 100GB uploaded. anyway, let us know what happened specifically, if you can.

hey cut across, can you tell us what you were doing specifically on there, how you were "naive"? there are a lot better sites than demonoid, but its solid for just about everything... unfortunately oink is just about the best place out there for music, so that sucks.. i got banned from there too for using a "hacked" version of utorrent, and i was not treated any better than you even though i had been on there for 5 months and had 100GB uploaded. anyway, let us know what happened specifically, if you can.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been fairly busy and hadn't visited this page the last day or so.

I've had the opportunity to review my actions and a cheating program was definitly executed. It was naive of me not to have a better understanding of what I was doing. My objective was to figure out a way to increase my upload rate (not ratio). I was being limited to about 45kB/s and was searching for a way to make this amount greater. I had only been on OiNK for about a week and my share rating was low as I started out downloading some FLAC torrents that had many uploaders but, few downloaders. My ratio eventually started to climb, as I got on some torrents earlier and seeded a few of my own, but I felt limited at 45Kb/s.

In retrospect, I should have posed my questions to online help instead of trying to find something on the internet to accomplish my goal (I still need help in this regard). It would've also helped if I read the OiNK rules at some point. With or without the rules, I never would've executed the software that I did had I understood exactly what its purpose was. Well, as I discovered after the banning, the purpose of the software that was executed was to manipulate the upload stats and make it appear that I've uploaded more than I actually had. After re-reading the instructions that were followed, I definitely should have been aware of what the steps followed would attempt to accomplish. I should be experienced enough to know not to guess my way around in the hopes of a successful outcome.

I certainly didn't expect what happened and was even more suprised/panic stricken when I realized there was no mechanism for appeal.

Well I'm going to mirgrate to a new ISP to get a new IP. Sorry Oink but if the band was in anyway justified I'd respect it.

Will that and a new email and of cause all new torrents, be enough? Should I re-register my windows to a new user? Shall I try and change windows registartion code?

Any idears what they do to people band?

And now I need an invite so if someone wants to take to risk with me...Well it's better than begging, please PM me and

I'll give you a new email address. Oh please, I have invited about eight of you from this site and Oink will not find out and I'm going to keep my settings low to avoid any problems.

Thanks

Free30

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I just got banned for doing my part on oink :angry2: ... achieved power user status, ripped and uploaded my own stuff, got many compliments for my uploads, participated in the forums a well rounded team player I was. 40 something gigs uploaded, and 30 something downloaded.

It started out with my downloading a rare'ish, Sandy Denny album, it got to 97% there was only the initial seeder, the problem was his rip had bad data or he made changes to the files after creating the torrent hash, I was hash failing on the first and last part of each mp3, so I reported the file (using report link) along with these two screen shots of my client and what was happening.

This one to show the hash fails, notice my client utorrent bans IP for multiple bad hashes (keep this in mind)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/oza...aschecklogs.jpg

This one shows, I've download more than the file size(I manually reset bans for 30 minutes to attempt to finish the file. This also shows I am only downloading from the single seed, and that leeches are stuck at 97%

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/ozaman/badhashes.jpg

This is the reply I got from an admin for my effort of providing the documentation along with my report, I worded in polite manner, as this is my nature.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/oza...etomyreport.jpg

Now Read the Comment from the admin Dragonnnnn 'you should use a client that blocks peers that send bad data'

Anyone see the irony of this he did not bother to look at the links I sent because he would have seen I use utorrent and utorrent ban/kicks, Ip's that fail hash check(send bad data) I had to manually reset bans, an attempt to try to get the data. I only needed one or two parts per file.

So I went to irc help channel to ask why my report had been ignored by the admin, and pointed out that if the admin had actually looked at the data he wouldn't have sent me the reply I received. again I was polite didn't even mention the admins nick, just wanted to have the torrent deleted so no one would waste their time downloading it for nothing like myself and 2 other leeches. Then I was disconected from irc, oink.me.uk torrents were still going at the time, then I noticed I was logged out! Ok I'll just log back in obviously they don't care so whatever I won't waste any more of my time. If they don't care about users downloading a torrent that is corrupt fine by me so what I lose 100Mb of ratio big deal! WELL BIG DEAL IT IS, my wanting to do my part got me banned account disabled, never cheated, never used negative language, always praised the tracker, and was an average power user. :construction:

Anyways, you don't want to have anything to do with oink, it almost felt like I was on the receiving end of some hormonal teenage admin with a god complex. I will never join their site again, I'll take my fat pipe and collection to somewhere more respectful. Trust me when I say there are better sites out there maybe not as well known, but oink is becoming much too elitist.

Thanks for the ear, if I was in the wrong let me know, not that I'll ever report anything on a tracker EVER again. I am really sad I worked soooo damn hard for that site and I get tossed like old garbage. I hope I find something better or I'm back to soulseek. :police:

Sorry to hear your story ozaman. The Oink guys just aren't easy to work with and obviously don't want to actually grow a community.

Any ideas were to take my pipe, I upload at 80-90 KB/sec !!!

Edit: It's a shame because they also had great mac aps section too, I think I may not boycott, but ask around for an invite I get a new IP everytime I reboot my router and I have 100's of gmail invites to make a nice clean email special for those jerks, lol It's sad I would want to rejoin, but after a little searching it is the best tracker for music.

• 1 month later...
The oink guys are punks, IMO. They are always hateful to just about everyone I've seen, and they've banned Transmission twice now (while other trackers are just fine with it).

I'm glad they've got good stuff and that I don't have to come in contact with their admins at all.

It's a good thing that the admins are strict. Their job is to keep the site clean and running well. They only want quality files and quality users. They'd rather run the risk of being accused of being rude and having a site that was run extremly well than a chance of having problems. The one think I like about OiNK is that you know the stuff isn't transcoded, you know that you'll get EXTREMLY fast(<1s) response times from the tracker compared to upwards of 20-30s for public trackers, and you know that you'll likely download a file at upwards of 1.5MB/sec versus 50K on a public site. OiNK is run well, and I respsect the admins. While their measures may seem a bit drastic, it's better to have no cheaters and a few false positives than having cheaters on the site.