Windows Vista

Swad

653 posts in this topic

Vista's already been cracked..

Besides, the OS itself is fine. It just doesnt offer anything to the 'power users' that they dont already have the ability to do on their own.

Nice to see you around. Like the binary :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as I am writing this in Vista RTM, it is pretty good. While I could probably point out hundreds of things that they could have improved on, mostly during installation, it is still buggy and preferances they could edit by default.

It hasn't been cracked though there is a method for replacing certain files which let you activate with keys from 'old' builds.

Well, as I am writing this in Vista RTM, it is pretty good. While I could probably point out hundreds of things that they could have improved on, mostly during installation, it is still buggy and preferances they could edit by default.
What bugs have you found ?

I have installed and tested this product since Beta 1 up to this RTM, I can safely say that Windows Vista is complete {censored}. Very resource hungry, just look at the specs needed to run this thing in its full potential. This OS will force users to buy new machines to support it. I have un-installed it and I will be sticking to my MacOSX x86 until Mac OS X 10.5 is released then good-bye Microsoft.

I have installed and tested this product since Beta 1 up to this RTM, I can safely say that Windows Vista is complete {censored}. Very resource hungry, just look at the specs needed to run this thing in its full potential. This OS will force users to buy new machines to support it. I have un-installed it and I will be sticking to my MacOSX x86 until Mac OS X 10.5 is released then good-bye Microsoft.

Well if you want to run OS X 10.5 so badly, why not buy a mac? I await your response. Since then technically you'd be buying a new machine to run that anyways since you don't even have a mac currently. Hypocrite.

I do have a mac, but not as my main machine. What I mean was, Ill be selling my PC that I was running Vista and buying a Mac as my main machine but I want to wait til Leopard is pre-installed.

Vista for me runs great. If you think of it as resource hungry, the specs to run Leopard are the same as to run Windows Vista. What resources are you complaining about exactly that Vista uses too much of? Give exact specs.

Vista for me runs great. If you think of it as resource hungry, the specs to run Leopard are the same as to run Windows Vista. What resources are you complaining about exactly that Vista uses too much of? Give exact specs.

The specs are in my sig. Vista runs fine on my pc, but it is resource hungry. Vista runs very poorly on my laptops, one a P4 3.0 HT and the other a Centrino 1.8.

loukaniko, I recommend you read this though most importantly this (Titled "Vista Mythbusters #1: It’s not a hardware hog") part which details how Vista is not a resource hog.

You say (Which amusingly enough is basically what the myth is):

Very resource hungry, just look at the specs needed to run this thing in its full potential. This OS will force users to buy new machines to support it.
Which is not true, here is a quote from the afore linked page:
Most mid-range and high-end computers sold in the past three years will run Windows Vista just fine.

Yes, I have used tons of builds over the past ~ years.

If I am not to believe everything I read, would it not be logical to believe an article from a respected tech author who posts on a well known site like ZDNet, or some anonymous kid on a forum who swears and provides no [or little] backing to his/her arguments ? :angel: